g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Don't want to be a party pooper but there most be reasons why this guy is available for 20 to 25 million, while other players in his position went for over 100 million (Caicedo, Rice) or 65 million (Palhinha).

If he is on a similar level clubs should bite Fiorentina's hand off to sign the guy.
Wijnaldum went to Liverpool for about 50 pence. Nobody else was in for him and he'd just been relegated with Newcastle.

Crimson King

Doubt he'll feature against Arsenal but i'm confident that he will improve us considerably if played alongside Casemiro and Ten Hag reverts to 4-2-3-1 like we had last year. If Ten Hag tries to force him to be a number 8 a-la Mount/Bruno, it will be a waste of money and effort. Amrabat is a full time defensive midfielder.
Maybe away from home against the better teams, but the advanced 8s aren't going anywhere. Mount will start a majority of matches when he's fit again. Amrabat is being brought in to ease the strain on Casemiro, especially while Mainoo is out.

At the very least, we have a fairly well rounded selection of midfielders to perform different roles, if Amrabat joins. We still lack a bit of pace and physicality though.

NLunited

Mount basically played alongside Casemiro in the first half at Spurs which was why we looked half decent for the first time all season. As soon as Ten Hag reverted to his experiment in the second half, we got overrun and lost.
No we pressed up high including Mount. His role is a hybrid 8/10.

WPMUFC

Never thought we'd be in a position of absolutely bricking our shorts that Fulham might beat us to a deal, and we had to find an emergency LB with the only redeeming feature is that he is free.

Crimson King

Don't want to be a party pooper but there most be reasons why this guy is available for 20 to 25 million, while other players in his position went for over 100 million (Caicedo, Rice) or 65 million (Palhinha).

If he is on a similar level clubs should bite Fiorentina's hand off to sign the guy.
We're not expecting him to be Caicedo or Rice. Both of those guys were way over priced anyway, so is Palhina.

We'll need to sign someone on that level to replace Casemiro though, probably next summer. If there's anyone left, by that point...

Crimson King

Never thought we'd be in a position of absolutely bricking our shorts that Fulham might beat us to a deal, and we had to find an emergency LB with the only redeeming feature is that he is free.
We weren't bricking our shorts. Amrabat has been waiting for United since June, he'd have only joined them if we'd given up on a deal.

NLunited

Is he though? A few weeks ago all his stats were being posted here and he looked hopeless defensively.
Stats are meaningless out of context. Tackling a lot points to having to fix a lot of issues, better to tackle less but be successful when you do.

astracrazy

A bit daft all this, why leave it until today. If we done it yesterday then at least we could of had him registered for the game this weekend.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
For it work Mount had to play in a role that is not his preferred role. Deeper and closer to Casemiro, which is not the way Ten Hag wants to play. So why not sign someone who is actually used to playing in the role rather than trying to shoehorn Mason Mount in there.

On the looking decent bit, that's the only half of football in 3 games that we actually looked solid in and Porro still hit the post in that half. We have been shaky in every other half of football played.
We used both versions in that half at different times because Spurs altered their approach.
The main issue has really been down to us being far too open when we don't implement the 4-1-4-1 properly.

glasgow 21

We're not expecting him to be Caicedo or Rice. Both of those guys were way over priced anyway, so is Palhina.

We'll need to sign someone on that level to replace Casemiro though, probably next summer. If there's anyone left, by that point...
The one thing this world will never lack is football players. There is always a gaggle of Players who have break out seasons to pick over. Whether out scouting department is capable or willing is another thing. One thing is for sure my Sutalo pick can been seen for 17m playing with Ajax this season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Let’s just allow him to celebrate our next goal regardless of who scores it to reward him for his patience.
A bit daft all this, why leave it until today. If we done it yesterday then at least we could of had him registered for the game this weekend.
Too soon anyway

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

QUOTE="Andy_Cole, post: 31020818, member: 42718"]
[/QUOTE]

Oh, shod off Fabrizio... You admire and respect the traffic United fans bring to your SM accounts . He was pulling the same stuff last January when Barca had inquired about him. He didn't appear for training on deadline day and he was whining day and night to the point where he had to issue an apology when the deal fell through. He was brought to the spotlight after a magnificent WC campaign and he wants to ride the momentum and get a big money move while his window is still open. Jeez, do people actually believe that cringy emotional stuff?

OverratedOpinion

Wait, don't tell me that buying players from the Premier League will be more expensive. I am shocked.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
I don’t get why fiorentina are entertaining this, been tapped up as far as I can see and now they’re only getting a loan fee, disgraceful and unprofessional by the fcuking idiots in charge of the so called biggest club in the world. Glazers have brought this club onto its knees used to be pioneers in this industry now we have a loan for a left back who let’s face it is dross, and the only reason this is being forced through is the player

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t get why fiorentina are entertaining this, been tapped up as far as I can see and now they’re only getting a loan fee, disgraceful and unprofessional by the fcuking idiots in charge of the so called biggest club in the world. Glazers have brought this club onto its knees used to be pioneers in this industry now we have a loan for a left back who let’s face it is dross, and the only reason this is being forced through is the player
O sweet summer child.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I would imaigne Fiorentina gave us permission to talk to the player first before sorting out a fee. It's a fairly common practice

astracrazy

What a poor post

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

There's not much a party atmosphere here to ruin - we're just hoping we get a competent midfielder signed before the deadline. Palhinha is an odd example to make your point with though, given that he moved to Fulham last summer aged 27 (same as Amrabat now) for 20m, from a poorer league than Serie A, and swiftly proved himself good enough for an elite club to try to sign him now for 65m.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
A) Every player gets tapped up. That's how transfers work.

B) If Fiorentina agree to what you seem to think is a disgraceful deal from their perspective, that would more typically be seen as a good thing from our POV. We're trying to get the best possible deal for us, not Fiorentina.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

You're getting fleeced for Palhinha for what it's worth.

cyberman

They tried, he only wants United

astracrazy

Did you miss the bit where if he moves he only wants to move to Utd? Any team that did approach he rejected and so I'd imagine no bigger clubs bothered. This weakens Fiorentina's hand, which I'd imagine explains the low fee, especially as his contract ends next season.

100 million for Caicedo and Rice were dramatically overpriced. It's hardly a yard stick to go by.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Oh no wont someone think about Fiorentina

Yanited__

I've seen a bit of him at the world cup and was impressed with how much ground he can cover. Good engine, runs for days and a good ball winner. Plays a lot different at Fiorentina to his country. More involved in the buildup and can ping a few balls out wide which would be good for players like Rashford.

He does anticipate situations well and uses his body to get across players before he gets a foot in at the right time to intercept/recover. However, he's already prone to making fouls and I think that will only get worse in the PL where it's more fast paced/physical. He's quick to cover ground off the ball but on the ball, not the quickest. Not an out and out number 6 but will come in to do a job.

However, I do think there's some red flags. It's concerning that no other major European club wants him. Our only competition for this guy is Fulham and Forest. Bit of a red flag also Fiorentina are easily willing to let him go, asking price as low as 20-30m, even their willingness to do a loan deal which from our part is a disgrace. And from what I have heard, he's their main player in their buildup/in possession.

I think he'll come in and do a job, bit like Fred/McTominay did/do for us but maybe more polished. We'll be looking to upgrade in a few seasons. Age is 27 so he's entered his prime too, you expect him to give us a certain level of performance consistently. He's decent and does his role which we need at the moment.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Well, duh. Amrabat is an alright looking defensive midfielder for a mid table Italian club. Anyone saying themselves otherwise is probably deluding themselves. The type of teams interested in him as a starting level player illustrate that. Atletico would've probably been in for him in a similar way we will use him.

We're mostly after him because he's somewhat cheap, somewhat of a plaster signing over a position in the squad, and has played under the manager before. He's also mega keen on the move which is making this emergency signing a lot easier.

Idxomer

As he's getting close to joining, now is the time to complain about him going to AFCON in the middle of the season.

Withnail

Tapped up! :lol:

What are you on about? There isn't a single deal goes through where the club didn't find out in advance that the player was interested

Status
Not open for further replies.