Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUFC OK

Could also be talk to spur us into action. E.g. if we're going to bid for him, get the feck on with it.
Yeah but can definitely see it being true as they are crying out for a DM. They are known to have been interested too. Clearly our business is now done.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Seems like we are not going for him because we rejected the 30M bid for McTominay. Similar for Pavard since we didnt pay Maguire off.

I called it, I knew us failing to sell Mctominay will feck us up in the market. I had a feeling Fabrizio was bullshitting with the Amrabat in for Fred stuff, just didnt make sense.
For christ sakes man…..

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Absolutely pathetic if true sack Murtough and Arnold when new owners come in they are beyond amateurs I do t want to hear about FFP in a world with Chelsea doing what they are.

Furious with the club. Nothing has changed.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Seems like we are not going for him because we rejected the 30M bid for McTominay. Similar for Pavard since we didnt pay Maguire off.

I called it, I knew us failing to sell Mctominay will feck us up in the market. I had a feeling Fabrizio was bullshitting with the Amrabat in for Fred stuff, just didnt make sense.
He was saying both Fred and Donny need to leave before we can sign a new CM. If that's what he's said in his latest piece then that's consistent with what he's said all along.

If he's added that now McTominay needs to leave as well in addition to those two then yeah he's backtracking.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He was saying both Fred and Donny need to leave before we can sign a new CM. If that's what he's said in his latest piece then that's consistent with what he's said all along.

If he's added that now McTominay needs to leave as well in addition to those two then yeah he's backtracking.
Surely we’ve got to replace Fred though? We were thin in midfield as it is.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Absolutely pathetic if true sack Murtough and Arnold when new owners come in they are beyond amateurs I do t want to hear about FFP in a world with Chelsea doing what they are.

It’s been explained plenty of times as to why Chelsea are allowed to do what they’re doing.

…..& you’re furious about something that hasn’t even happened yet? Wow.

Bertie Wooster

With Amrabat available for any club to snatch him up, and at a pretty reasonable price given some of the mad CM fees this summer, then I've been expecting something along these lines to happen the longer it's dragged on - though losing him to Liverpool would be the worst case scenario. :(

Superunknown

Yeah but can definitely see it being true as they are crying out for a DM. They are known to have been interested too. Clearly our business is now done.
Tempted to agree. Liverpool missing out on Caicedo and Lavia is pretty huge for them and they need to find an alternative for that position quickly. They have to sign someone there...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Signed Mount when we could have signed him instead. Smart move

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
From the video, yes.
I haven't seen the video but I've watched him all of last season and he was a key component in the midfield of the title winners (along with Anguissa). He's one of the most accurate passers in the league, including long passes. He can control a game better than Amrabat can.

Rolaholic

The Liverpool news feels its coming from the Fiorentina/Amrabat side

I'm sure they're most likely getting frustrated over how long this is taking.

Either they're looking to put pressure on United or Liverpool are indeed doing what they do when we dither around for ages and they just swoop at the 11th hour.

I'm hoping it's the former since Liverpool have been getting linked mainly with the likes of Doucouré and Andre since the Chelsea double hijacks...

ShinjiNinja26

I’ll be pissed off if we miss out on this one. We’re desperate for another midfielder and he is literally there for the taking at a very reasonable price. Now we might have left it too late and fecking Liverpool are going to step in and sign him, further strengthening their midfield. We may have slightly improved in regards to bringing players in but we’re still an utter shambles when it comes to selling players and now it’s having a major impact in our ability to improve the squad.

Roboc7

Surely he isn’t stupid enough to keep waiting for us to make a move for him.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This one is going to tick me off if we don't get it done. Feel like he would be perfect for us, Wolves game just showed how much we need him.

erikcred

After what's happened this transfer window, neither Liverpool fans nor us should believe these links until he's actually played 90 minutes for either of us.

Gandalf

Kind of like those berks denying climate change is a thing. FFP is a fact we have to deal with and the situation with Chelsea has been explained ad nauseum.

So far as Arnold and Murtough are concerned, you seem to be conveniently ignoring that they do not have autonomy and cannot make a move without sign off from the owners. We have seen time and again how the glacial pace at which the Glazers make transfer decisions has hurt us. For all you know they have been pleading with Joel and Avram to pull their fingers out for weeks and get the bid in but the greedy sods are hoping Erik can somehow make it work with the Academy kids instead.

Rolaholic

The fact it's coming from a Rotterdam based paper also makes me think it's from the players camp.

Really hoping it doesn't turn into the Fabinho window for us where a midfielder wants to join at a reasonable fee and is basically waiting all summer before Liverpool swoop in and we end up overspending on a worse player (Fred)...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Funny how opinions change when a rival team is involved
Opinion has not changed.
Mount is not the profile we needed. Club needed to prioritise 6/8 hybrid player and not an 8/10.

Im not convinced Ambrabat would handle pace of the PL.

2 things not mutually exclusive.

laughtersassassin

Looks like we are being cheap and not bringing in more signings because our sales fell through.

And what's worse looks like Liverpool might get him....

cyberman

This never smelled right plus I thought he wasn’t a 6? Whats Liverpool signing him for?

HappyCamper

Supports
Liverpool
I'm not even sure what outcome I want if Liverpool tries to hijack the Amrabat deal from you guys. It would honestly be kinda funny if we lose this one as well.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Looks like we are being cheap and not bringing in more signings because our sales fell through.

And what's worse looks like Liverpool might get him....
This never smelled right plus I thought he wasn’t a 6? Whats Liverpool signing him for?
My god the level of incompetence is astounding here. Window went from a potential 8 or 9/10 if we had brought in him and Pavard/Todibo, to a 4/10 at best.

Especially embarrassing after what we just witnessed from our first choice midfield on Sunday
Panic stations over 1 tweet??!?

What I want to understand is that why is everyone flat out believing this news? If it was to United it would be examined and scrutinised to the highest detail and would be let’s wait until a Tier 1 UK journo reports this.

laughtersassassin

Panic stations over 1 tweet??!?

What I want to understand is that why is everyone flat out believing this news? If it was to United it would be examined and scrutinised to the highest detail and would be let’s wait until a Tier 1 UK journo reports this.
Not panicking just yet. As long as we sign someone it's all good but clearly we where waiting on sales and by all reports they've all fallen through

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
There we go not even a bid, let’s all calm down now, yeah?

Based Adnan

Our ability to progress the squad has been fecked over by the deadwood big time. Inability to move on the likes of Fred, VdB and Maguire swiftly/at all has meant we miss out on Pavard and now seemingly Amrabat.

Status
Not open for further replies.