g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

Amrabat on a 5 year modest contract would be £10m per season expenditure as far as FFP is concerned.

Amazing that Murtough and co have been too incompetent/deluded to make even enough sales for a reserve keeper that would be a fraction of that.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
How can all these three statements, that we have heard about his transfer, be true:
1. We are considering Amrabat for 30M
2. Galatasaray also wants to sign him
3. Amrabat rejected Liverpool and prefers United.

Galatasaray is not the kind of club that pays 30M for midfielders (or anybody for that matter?). Who goes to Galatasaray after rejecting Liverpool?

Transfer news are one giant, frustrating b.s.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
I have doubt over Amrabat in the PL but he would be a great rotation option, especially with only Casemiro in this position.

Time to do some business and perhaps bring Milenkovic along

Mercurial

How can all these three statements, that we have heard about his transfer, be true:
1. We are considering Amrabat for 30M
2. Galatasaray also wants to sign him
3. Amrabat rejected Liverpool and prefers United.

Galatasaray is not the kind of club that pays 30M for midfielders (or anybody for that matter?). Who goes to Galatasaray after rejecting Liverpool?

Transfer news are one giant, frustrating b.s.
:nervous:

Highlyevolved

Simple, bring Amrabat in and let McT go. Get a few quid for him. That’s all.
At the time of writing Amrabat was being touted as coming in to replace Fred. So your response wouldn’t have made sense.
However it does now.

AneRu

If we don't get this signing over the line I bet DM will cost us dearly as the season progresses. The last two matches haven't been encouraging from Casemiro, it could be a fitness thing so he will pick up over the next few weeks but there is no way he is surviving the winter as the sole DM and there is no way we are going to Anfield, Emirates, Etihad or even the Vitality and come out without a sound pasting if we don't bring help for him.

Judas

Open to offers
If this bloke ends up going to Galatasaray late in the window for peanuts, really does make some of the comments making out he was destined for Liverpool or that sort of top team look a bit silly.

Ekeke

If this bloke ends up going to Galatasaray late in the window for peanuts, really does make some of the comments making out he was destined for Liverpool or that sort of top team look a bit silly.
The Fiorentina president has said multiple times there have never been any bids. The most recent time was yesterday.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
There is skepticism as to whether he will perform in the EPL but DMs are getting more and more expensive and we have no cover for Casemiro.

Milinkovic Savic was another one of those Serie A midfielders who scouts frowned upon, so he ended in Saudi.

We must absolutely make this move happen. Amrabat will adapt either to the bench or to become a box to box double pivot next to Casemiro. We do not need an indisputable starter in the position, just depth.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
We are all going mad about not getting him and how we absolutely need him but do we know ETH even rates him? It worries me that at such a low price it's only Turkish teams that are even considering him.

Plastic Evra

We don't even know if we're actually pursuing him.
I think the forum is starved crazy for any signing.

Gupz

I think people in his environment are overselling this guy. Sure he played a great World Cup, but I really think he got a bit much overhyped. Since the World Cup he has been linked to several big clubs. But it seems none of these big clubs where ever really serious in signing him or at least in the rush in signing him given the "interests" he has from major clubs. Especially his brother was talking him up in the media: Barcelona "wanted" to sign him in the winter window, A few months back Atletico was on the verge of signing him. His playstyle would have been "perfect" for LaLiga, and that's the league where he wanted to go to. None of this happened and suddenly he get linked to United for weeks without any activities and then apparently Liverpool comes in to snap the deal to create some new buzz. Would be funny though that he really ends up with Galatasaray though.

yamo123x

Is there any reliable or concrete evidence that we are actually in for this guy? Is it all coming from his camp?
It seems every day there is something about him but no bid. We do need a midfielder urgently.

It amazes me that we are prioritising signing a reserve gk over midfield and forwards. ETH has a thing about putting 2 gk's on bench, i just dont get it.
Its been a very poor window

Pintu

We are all going mad about not getting him and how we absolutely need him but do we know ETH even rates him? It worries me that at such a low price it's only Turkish teams that are even considering him.
We don't know who is considering him... He got approached by a few clubs in January (apparently some PL clubs) and said he wasn't interested. The move he wanted back then was Barcelona, whom he almost joined, but they couldn't make the deal.

If he tells Wolves and Lazio he ain't interested, then they aren't making a bid for him...

I believe he wants to join United (for ETH) and if we can't make the deal he'll end up at some CL club, more likely Napoli than Galatasaray though.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I don't really think we are even in for this guy, huge amount of noise all summer around him going to Utd or Liverpool but no bids and i think Liverpool even stated that they will not move for him. I seen yesterday he was being linked with a move to Galatasaray, which is a strange turn in events. Probably just agents trying to get him a move.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Latest in a long, long line of players who we should sign but won’t because we are never interested in being serious.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Should have just kept Fred in hindsight
Right, except it's possible we sold Fred and not McT because even the likes of Fenerbahçe didn't want McT, so we sold the only one we could sell

Otherwise, if somebody really wanted McT, esp if West Ham wanted him for 30M and we intentionally kept him or even let him stay - whoever did that is criminal

MegadrivePerson

Reading between the lines it's a combination of him not being particularly good and his agents being very difficult to deal with.

He's 27, had a bang average career. The idea that he is going to be ready for the top end of the Premier League is fanciful.

RedorDead21

Reading between the lines it's a combination of him not being particularly good and his agents being very difficult to deal with.

He's 27, had a bang average career. The idea that he is going to be ready for the top end of the Premier League is fanciful.
You can just imagine what you’d be typing re cantona when he arrived in England with his past career..not everyone has the same career path to the top. And we are garbage in midfield so it’s not like we need Zidane to improve us.

croadyman

You can just imagine what you’d be typing re cantona when he arrived in England with his past career..not everyone has the same career path to the top. And we are garbage in midfield so it’s not like we need Zidane to improve us.
Yeah if we used that approach then wouldn’t sign anyone which right now is worrying

OverratedOpinion

It worries me that at such a low price it's only Turkish teams that are even considering him.
I have no idea about Amrabat but given that so many unfancied signings end up being great and so many huge signings end up being rubbish I wouldn't read too much into it.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Agreed

OrcaFat

Ha ha. Thanks.

Fooza

"we need to sell players to get new players" tweets incoming in 5..4..3..2...1

the_cliff

Di Marzio is the biggest Journo that has reported this, there may be something in this now.

Plastic Evra

If it can be done for a price as low as bandied about, that seems a fair deal for a player providing good squad options and less painful if not up to expectations.

jesperjaap

I think people in his environment are overselling this guy. Sure he played a great World Cup, but I really think he got a bit much overhyped. Since the World Cup he has been linked to several big clubs. But it seems none of these big clubs where ever really serious in signing him or at least in the rush in signing him given the "interests" he has from major clubs. Especially his brother was talking him up in the media: Barcelona "wanted" to sign him in the winter window, A few months back Atletico was on the verge of signing him. His playstyle would have been "perfect" for LaLiga, and that's the league where he wanted to go to. None of this happened and suddenly he get linked to United for weeks without any activities and then apparently Liverpool comes in to snap the deal to create some new buzz. Would be funny though that he really ends up with Galatasaray though.
I havent seen a huge amount of him, but the opinion I have formed is similar. Im little mor eexcited about him as a signing thatn I was Mount....and that isnt a huge amount.

I think he is a decent player, but he doesnt solve our midfield. The only optimism I have in him as a signing is that he fits a role, and that is the one of Casemeiro......and with his huge dip that may not be a bad thing....but I dont actually think he works alongside him.

Maybe naive as both are completely unproven, but Im genuinely more excited abotu Hannibal or Mainoo coming into our midfield set up as I am Amrabat, they add something to it, for me Mount is only competition for Fernandes and Arambat to Casemeiro...when we need a top quality number 8, madness to me we may spend nigh on £100m on to me, two squad additions, very good as squad additions, but again, agree I think there is a case of desperation from the fans hyping him up

croadyman

I havent seen a huge amount of him, but the opinion I have formed is similar. Im little mor eexcited about him as a signing thatn I was Mount....and that isnt a huge amount.

I think he is a decent player, but he doesnt solve our midfield. The only optimism I have in him as a signing is that he fits a role, and that is the one of Casemeiro......and with his huge dip that may not be a bad thing....but I dont actually think he works alongside him.

Maybe naive as both are completely unproven, but Im genuinely more excited abotu Hannibal or Mainoo coming into our midfield set up as I am Amrabat, they add something to it, for me Mount is only competition for Fernandes and Arambat to Casemeiro...when we need a top quality number 8, madness to me we may spend nigh on £100m on to me, two squad additions, very good as squad additions, but again, agree I think there is a case of desperation from the fans hyping him up
Think he needs a ball carrier as well,however you do make a very good point about us still lacking that top class 8. Who would you like to see us bring in realistically

Status
Not open for further replies.