g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

I can’t remember us being linked with this many loan deals in all the time I’ve been supporting United.
We're absolutely awful at selling, likely due to wages.

Been quiet sickening seeing the ease with which the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and City can offload their deadwood or surplus players and for good money as well while we struggle even selling players for bargain deals.

Infra-red

I can’t remember us being linked with this many loan deals in all the time I’ve been supporting United.
Helpful when you have no money for fees. I think this would be a good deal for the club - the midfield is the weakest area of the squad and Amrabat would be a welcome addition. While not elite, his passing from deep is much better than our other midfield options, too.

Judas

Open to offers

Been quiet sickening seeing the ease with which the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and City can offload their deadwood or surplus players and for good money as well while we struggle even selling players for bargain deals.
They’re generally all much better players than the shite we’re trying to shift though.

MadMike

Yes we need better options. Yes we need to sell.

We need better options because our current ones are not very good. We can’t sell our current options because they aren’t very good. Jeez, what to do?
I mean, if you really want to sell you typically do that by lowering the price until you find a buyer. We haven’t been willing to do that. We held out for £45m for Scott McTominay. So it sounds like upgrading on him is not a priority.

Giggsy13

Loan with option to buy for reasonable fee which can only be activated by United would be Ideal scenario .
Fiorentina would never agree to that. It will be an obligation to buy next season. I hope he’s the real deal.

Drizzle

They’re generally all much better players than the shite we’re trying to shift though.
Exactly! I don't think we're that terrible at selling, it's just we're stuck with a decade of average players underperforming in a disappointing team with high wages and long contracts.

Thanks Glazers and Woodward, you fecked us for years to come.

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
We are doing what Real Madrid did to us on the finally collapsed de Gea deal. Trying to lowball fiorentina by ot showing any official interest and keep poking the players camp all summer and try to doing a cheap deal at the end of transfer window

gajender

Fiorentina would never agree to that. It will be an obligation to buy next season. I hope he’s the real deal.
Unless its a conditional obligation to buy it would be simply considered as sale and won't be of much help in United's FFP issues if they exist .

MadMike

We haven’t been offering bargain deals though have we? Asking £35m for a 30yo CB and £45m for a bench warming midfielder (McTominay). These don’t sound like bargains irrespective of the salaries. Once you add the salaries they seem quite high demands.

Baxquux

We are doing what Real Madrid did to us on the finally collapsed de Gea deal. Trying to lowball fiorentina by ot showing any official interest and keep poking the players camp all summer and try to doing a cheap deal at the end of transfer window
At least we've moved on from fax machines, right?? ( obviously I wouldn't put anything past this club, plus its having the material, i.e. official offer with t and cs, to scan in the first place rather than how you send it..)

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don’t understand this way of thinking. Like, at all.

You’re constructing a scenario of not enough cover based on a hypothetical of a player leaving. While the player is still here.

VDB played in all of pre-season. Do we want to sell him/loan him out? Yes, sure. Obviously. But he’s still here, with 1 day to go. We haven’t found someone to take him yet. So it’s 6, not 5.

The reason we’re not making movements for other players is very likely because we haven’t found anyone to take our own. Or because some of those are considered an option (like Gravenberch) only as cover *if* we manage to get rid of one our current players.
If VDB was an option he'd have been on the bench in one of these last games. He's had one foot out of the door all summer.

Baxquux

We haven’t been offering bargain deals though have we? Asking £35m for a 30yo CB and £45m for a bench warming midfielder (McTominay). These don’t sound like bargains irrespective of the salaries. Once you add the salaries they seem quite high demands.
Yes, and a number of people at the time indicated that these were awful miscalculations, but were shot down by being told we didn't understand how negotiation worked.

If this club ever gets sold and new structures brought in before, say, society as such collapses (!), then we might just get to compare what an actual functioning set-up on the recruitment side looks like. Until then, not likely...

The Irish Connection

Thank Christ, some developments!
we desperately need a midfielder like him who gets on the ball and passes a lot but also who is decent defensively and has more legs than Eriksen.
Fingers crossed it gets done now.

Xaviboy

I'm happy getting him in as badly need depth and another midfielder.

Does he also go missing in Jan for AFCON?

Real Name

Yes, and a number of people at the time indicated that these were awful miscalculations, but were shot down by being told we didn't understand how negotiation worked.

If this club ever gets sold and new structures brought in before, say, society as such collapses (!), then we might just get to compare what an actual functioning set-up on the recruitment side looks like. Until then, not likely...
Maguire deal collapsed due to him wanting a bigger payoff. Granted McTominay's price should have been lower. Nobody wants Bailly for free it seems and hopefully VDB will be sold.

MadMike

If VDB was an option he'd have been on the bench in one of these last games. He's had one foot out of the door all summer.
I understand he’s had one foot out the door. But I also understand that until both feet our out the door, it’s hard to sign someone if you’re at squad size or FFP limit.

Real Name

Can someone explain how does a loan deal help with our FFP issues and why are we loaning a player in his last year?
Like I'm a 3 year old. :D

DanClancy

how many players can you sign on loan in a season?

Loan because of FFP is nonsense, just sold Henderson which is all profit for accounting purposes as was selling Elanga.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
how many players can you sign on loan in a season?

Loan because of FFP is nonsense, just sold Henderson which is all profit for accounting purposes as was selling Elanga.
We spent more than our budget on the other 3 players. Especially Hojlund and Mount

Zed is not dead

Except it’s been reported several times that the club’s interest is being overstated by italian media, no later than on the last page for instance

Traub

I really hope he turns out to be the real deal, because a loan with obligation to buy is effectively borrowing from next year's budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.