Solskjær’s Multi-Year Plan

Jericholyte2

Now I know Ole made the comment after the match about the plan for rebuilding the squad, I was looking at how it could possibly look:

January ‘20:

New CM brought in

Summer ‘20:

Players out: Matic & Young (Contract Expires), Sanchez, Smalling, Rojo
Players in: RW, LB, CM, CB

Squad:
GK - DDG, Romero, Grant
DEF - AWB, Dalot, Maguire, Lindelof, Axel, Jones, CB, Shaw, LB
MID - McT, Pogba, Fred, CM, CM, Garner, Gomes (hopefully with new contract)
WING - James, Rashford, RW, Chong
ST - Martial, Greenwood

I could hopefully see something like this happening and as long as we get CL next season (somehow), I could see this being quite a positive rebuild.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Now I know Ole made the comment after the match about the plan for rebuilding the squad, I was looking at how it could possibly look:

January ‘20:

New CM brought in

Summer ‘20:

Squad:
GK - DDG, Romero, Grant
ST - Martial, Greenwood

I could hopefully see something like this happening and as long as we get CL next season (somehow), I could see this being quite a positive rebuild.
I'd agree with that although we'd need an experienced striker in my opinion to help lead the line and deliver a consistent threat upfront. None of our strikers are overly clinical right now.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pogba is gone next year. We'll need 3 CMs tbh. Potentially 2 if Garner really becomes the god that people on here say he could.

Otherwise, a striker, LB, and a talented and efficient RW is a must.

NJM78

I hope the CM signing in January, should he still be manager is not Longstaff for 60m or something ridiculous.

I just dont see how we get the level of player required in a 31 day window where any selling club will charge 50% more than they would've in the summer.

Unfortunately for Ole I don't think he will be here for the winter window.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I hope the CM signing in January, should he still be manager is not Longstaff for 60m or something ridiculous.

I just dont see how we get the level of player required in a 31 day window where any selling club will charge 50% more than they would've in the summer.

Unfortunately for Ole I don't think he will be here for the winter window.
We can't buy from the PL unless we want to overpay to ridiclous levels in January. But there are options abroad that we can take a punt on, just requires actual scouting.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think the board will get cold feet.

They gave him the job on the strength of something that was shortly after revealed to be an illusion. They're not going to hand 5 years and hundreds of millions of pounds to someone who has no experience.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
  1. Doubt Ole can have a long term plan when Moyes with a better record, and appointed by the late great Sir Alex Ferguson got sacked for reason less???? Ole needs to think of a plan to save his job now before we appoint Giggys again. David Moyes.
Manchester United 2 - 2 Fulham

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

They gave him the job on the strength of something that was shortly after revealed to be an illusion. They're not going to hand 5 years and hundreds of millions of pounds to someone who has no experience.
They could if they see the players that he brought in were the best players of the season. I mean from a boards perspective right now the three signings have been superb successes. Early days granted, but given the sheer quantity of shite thats been brought into United it would be a refreshing change for them to see players actually come in and play well. Depends if they look at the bigger picture I guess.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

The board / owners won't be here in 5 years...

Solskjaer will be lucky to be here in 5 months.

fastwalker

That all looks dandy on paper, but I am reminded of a quote which goes something like: "It doesn't matter how much resources you have, if you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough".

If I were Ole I would get about showing how I can make a lot out of a little, if I want people to entrust me to get more out of a lot.

C'est Moi Cantona

There is no time, Adidas CL clause, share price/club value, damaging the 'brand', players get pissed off with the 25 % wage cut, unable to attract players because of it, fan unrest, etc.

It's wrong because he hasn't been given the tools to compete, but this won't have to continue for very long for Ed to try and save his skin again, and any 'multi year plan', which I don't exists anyway, to be kicked into touch.

Champagne Football

Ole is doing everything right. He's the first manager since Fergie who is rebuilding the right way.

Daniel James has been a huge hit. Rashford should play on the right with Martial through the middle.

We need Maddison and Jadon Sancho in a year to complete the project. This year is going to be painful but with some rays of sunshine along the way such as - McTominay, James, Wan-Bisakka, Maguire, Greenwood.

We won't be getting top 4 sadly. Our midfield is too weak

El Zoido

It’s been four games, and we haven’t even been bad in those four games. We’re on the right path but it’ll take time.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Ole is doing everything right. He's the first manager since Fergie who is rebuilding the right way.

Daniel James has been a huge hit. Rashford should play on the right with Martial through the middle.

We need Maddison and Jadon Sancho in a year to complete the project. This year is going to be painful but with some rays of sunshine along the way such as - McTominay, James, Wan-Bisakka, Maguire, Greenwood.

Agreed. The aim for this year seems like buying a few players that will be the team backbone for years, while main issue is to clear up the team from many deadwoods. It’s just his definition of ‘deadwoods’ is so loose, and he is betting on some wrong players, imho. Let’s see

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
What makes you say that?
I firmly believe they're currently in the midst of their exit strategy...

I think it's very likely that the club is actually up for sale right now.

They're investing minimally, we're hearing nothing from Woodward anymore, they've failed utterly as owners and the pressure is increasing on them.

The game is up for the Glazers.

5 years and they won't be here.

fps

1. Doubt Ole can have a long term plan when Moyes with a better record, and appointed by the late great Sir Alex Ferguson got sacked for reason less???? Ole needs to think of a plan to save his job now before we appoint Giggys again. David Moyes.
Manchester United 2 - 2 Fulham
Has that been edited? I believe the score has been altered.

fps

No top 4, no Maddison or Sancho. They're simply not going to bother with a club that is consistently outside the Top 4. There's a lot of baseless negativity on this forum, but truly, those players will have better options and will want more than what Utd are offering if they're not even in CL.

Jinn

Ole is the right guy for this club right now. He will do the dirty work by ripping up the team and bringing in players of UTD caliber. The 3 he has brought in have been great so far. He will take the flak from the media, will get the backing of the supporters and give the owners time to fund the re-build of this team the right way.
If they sack him, the owners and Woody are truly fecked. I don't see them surviving the back lash of the fans of this club, because the fans know that Ole has the best interest of the club at heart. I might be wrong here, but that would be the last straw i think.

The only way the owners would avoid a major backlash is that, come Mar/Feb and we are languishing in or near the relegation zone. Realistically, who are the owners going to hire mid-season...or even next season?
Lets look at this:
Poch is not coming - Levy will shit a brick and make it near impossible.
Klopp - Pfft
Guardiola- :lol:
Any of the italian coaches - Maybe...probably not
Zidane - He needs resources more than most managers.

There is no manager in the world that would not fear this Job. That includes all of the above. They will need serious investment from the owners to get to the standard that they require and they will require it immediately. This includes making mistakes with recruitment and rectifying it...quickly. The owners will not provide them with what they require. This does not take into account the media scrutiny the club of this size generates and the added pressure that comes with it.

Ole has to continue and do what he is doing. Things will improve, i'm sure of it, just give him the time he needs.

Roboc7

I hope we aren’t planning for Sancho there’s no chance he’s coming here, need realistic targets.

Sad truth is Ole won’t be here next season, hopefully he gets rid of as much deadwood as possible and that’s best we can hope for.

He needed more this summer and it’s too big a job for him now.

Smores

He's doing everything right? Everything?

Sir Scott McToMinay

They're investing minimally, we're hearing nothing from Woodward anymore, they've failed utterly as owners and the pressure is increasing on them.

I sincerely hope you’re right.

Jinn

No top 4, no Maddison or Sancho. They're simply not going to bother with a club that is consistently outside the Top 4. There's a lot of baseless negativity on this forum, but truly, those players will have better options and will want more than what Utd are offering if they're not even in CL.
Then they have the wrong attitude.

fps

Then they have the wrong attitude.
No they don't, they want to win, and Man Utd is currently a club with too many losers. That's the truth, and Ole is trying to turn it around.

Irwin99

Thought Ole played down the possibility of January transfers at some point this Summer?

Also, Pogba is almost certain to leave in 2020 in my opinion, particularly if we finish outside of top 4. That means we really should have two new midfielders. A DM and a creator. It's a big big rebuilding task.

Thiagoal

January ‘20:

New CM brought in

Summer ‘20:

Squad:
GK - DDG, Romero, Grant
ST - Martial, Greenwood

What did he say? What’s the plan?

Jinn

No they don't, they want to win, and Man Utd is currently a club with too many losers. That's the truth, and Ole is trying to turn it around.
So, how do you turn a bunch of losers into winners? You bring in winners with the right attitude, that's how. Ole is trying to do that.

haram

Imagine players like Sancho joining after we finish 7th :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
They could if they see the players that he brought in were the best players of the season. I mean from a boards perspective right now the three signings have been superb successes. Early days granted, but given the sheer quantity of shite thats been brought into United it would be a refreshing change for them to see players actually come in and play well. Depends if they look at the bigger picture I guess.
True, which is why I'm hesitant to place much blame for our current plight at his feet. The players stinking up the place right now are nothing to do with him, in fact he's done his best to push as many out the door as possible. While signing 3 players who, while still early days, look like good buys. Encouraging signs for a board stung by Jose's expensive flops. I'd like to be proven wrong, and see the board give him the money he needs to turn this shower of shit around, but if we're languishing in 11th place in the new year, I can definitely see them pulling the trigger, especially after the effect doing exactly that had last season.

The board / owners won't be here in 5 years...

Solskjaer will be lucky to be here in 5 months.
Hopefully we persevere. He's not a magician, even Pep wouldn't get a tune out of these duds.

el3mel

Agree. They can't keep milking the club while it keeps failing like this for a long time. They'll have to sell at one point for the max profit and let the new owners solve all the problems of the team. Currently the team will need about 300m invested in it or so to even come close to City and Pool, especially when Pogba gets sold next season. No chance in hell the Glazers will attempt that. They have already decreased the budget of each summer to a 70m net spend last 2 seasons.

One or 2 more crap seasons and they'll sell. Maybe the next summer or the summer after next, who knows, but they won't last any longer. They milked everything possible from the club, and they won't be able to milk a failing brand forever. United won't stay a successful brand while finishing 6th every year.

Last edited: