Solskjær’s Multi-Year Plan

RedDevil@84

There is no master plan out there. It is all blind hope by United fans and we are trying to find sense where there is none. We just buy and sell players randomly.
Ole will probably be fired by next summer. Woodward and Glazers will stick around with their same old stuff.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think Abu Dhabi’s investments will increase until at least 2022, to remain in the limelight while their bitter rival and neighbour Qatar enjoys the prestige of the hosting the World Cup. They will certainly hope to win Champions League a few times before then.

Not sure what happens after that. They could completely lose interest at that point. But that’s the earliest window available to Manchester United to attempt a financial victory in terms of investment required to achieve squad superiority.

I suspect next 2 years will be in preparation for that, including selling to a new owner who is prepared to make that seismic investment.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Every manager has to start somewhere. Pep, Mourinho, Fergie, Klopp, all had to manage at some club to prove themselves.
Why not give Ole time at least, and blame Woodward and the Glazers for hiring him and not backing him, if he fails.
Some fans want miracles overnight. Ole needs to be backed by the Glazers, and Woodward, not thrown to the lions.
This club will go on making mistake after mistake by changing managers every other year. It will cost much more in the end.
You do realise that Ole’s been a manager for 10 years, around the same time as Pep and Pochettino.

Bestietom

You do realise that Ole’s been a manager for 10 years, around the same time as Pep and Pochettino.
Not here, but the others mentioned all got time with their clubs here, Pochettino although not winning anything with either club. Southampton or Spurs. ( still got his chance)

RuudTom83

How are the director of football interviews going...it’s all gone silent on that front.

I believe if it is left down to Woody vs Ole then we all know how that is going to end!

But if it was Woody vs DOF+Ole then the club might be able to navigate this rocky period with a clear plan and Ole will survive.

Bestietom

How are the director of football interviews going...it’s all gone silent on that front.

I believe if it is left down to Woody vs Ole then we all know how that is going to end!

But if it was Woody vs DOF+Ole then the club might be able to navigate this rocky period with a clear plan and Ole will survive.
I think a DOF will still answer to Woodward.

sparx99

Spurs = gone stale. Expected after 5 years of the same players.

Chelsea = the only one genuinely playing youth, performance good, results inconsistent as expected

Man Utd = Poor performances, poor results, first 11 still same as last year with exception of new signings.
How are Chelsea the only one genuinely playing youth when our first XI is the youngest in the league? Jesse Lingard at 27 has been our oldest starter in 3/4 games.

RazorOz

Any multi-year plan won't be allowed to happen if you get awful results in the mean time, Solskjaer will very likely get sacked if he doesn't get CL football next year given it will cost us a load of money in our sponsorship deals for missing CL football in back to back years, and that's all those above seem to care about these days.

On top of that I'm sceptical anyway, I don't think we've arrested the decline yet, and until we do we won't go forward. Pogba will almost certainly want out next summer and will be hard to keep him, that will be another step back. You'd need to add significant quality to the squad in the OP to be anywhere near good enough, and I can't see why those players that have been mooted like Sancho will want to come to Utd as we must look an absolute mad house to the outside.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
He'll then win a few games on rebound and get a full manager contract more lucrative than Klopp and Pochettino's contracts.

The board will leak a news about looking for a DOF and a few recently retired former United players will be linked then nothing will happen. We'll sign Sean Longstaff for 65M during summer after a long drawn out negotiation after which Woodward ends up paying Newcastle what they wanted in the first place.
He, a virtuous cicle indeed.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Couldn't beat Southampton, who were down to 10 men.
Lost to Crystal Palace, at OT. I believe that this is one of the first times, in a long time that CP beat us at OT.
Couldn't beat Wolves.
It does not take multiple years to beat 10-man Southampton.

Compare this with last season's disastrous start, when we got 6 points from our first 4 matches.
This season, we have scored 5 points in our first 4 matches and in 8th place.

The funny thing is that Ole and the club in general, are not getting any flack for this downward trend.
I've also noted that Carrick and McKenna have not received any flack, either. And these 2 have been coaches for MUFC, during our most volatile period, especially after we got 2nd place, the season before these 2 were given their coaching jobs.
As for Ole, unless there is miraculous turnaround (similar to what he did last season, when he first joined), he will be fired in 2019.