Solskjær as permanent manager?

Janson

Against the big sides we'd need to be a little more cautious but the likes of City and Liverpool play their usual style against the big sides so why can't we?!? Today has proved that this group of players play 100 times better when on the front foot and so this needs to be our mantra going forwards! Man for man we don't need to have an inferiority complex about anyone!
They play their usual style because they're better than any team in the league at it. No way should we try to beat them at their own game.

You would be backtracking quickly on that last sentence after we get trashed like 5-0 or something.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They play their usual style because they're better than any team in the league at it. No way should we try to beat them at their own game.

You would be backtracking quickly on that last sentence after we get trashed like 5-0 or something.
That doesnt mean you completely change your style because you play a big team. You adapt, you dont change. We still should attack and go for the win. Just like how they will against us. The goal for every club the size of United should be to be able to outplay any club in the world. And that's the attitude we need from our manager. Not park the bus and not even try to outplay the opponent.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Hope he galliantly gets Utd to 1 point off from 4th spot, Woodward decides he's taking the club in the right direction, be happy to wait one more year for Poch. Everyone's happy.

Another 4-1 against Huddersfield please. :angel::devil:
He would have done an outstanding job to get us within 1 point of top-four all things considered, but that won't be enough to secure him the job on a full-time basis.

That will come shortly after he subs himself on in the CL final and scores the winning goal.

Rajma

Hope he galliantly gets Utd to 1 point off from 4th spot, Woodward decides he's taking the club in the right direction, be happy to wait one more year for Poch. Everyone's happy.

Try convincing yourself of whatever warms your heart :lol:

Eric's Seagull

Be very happy if the above above to happen(And don't want to burst you're bubble as it;'s nice to someone with such a positive attitude:D) as long as we bring in the DoF to sort out any hiccups that could happen along the way ;)

Skills

Snitch
Don't do a Di Matteo or a Sherwood. Let the DOF do his jobs without shackling him with a manager he might not want

Janson

That doesnt mean you completely change your style because you play a big team. You adapt, you dont change. We still should attack and go for the win. Just like how they will against us. The goal for every club the size of United should be to be able to outplay any club in the world. And that's the attitude we need from our manager. Not park the bus and not even try to outplay the opponent.
I'm not saying park the bus, but if we try to press like they do, we'll be at great risk of them just cutting through that easilly. Our players need to get used to play in a different way before we dare to try going toe to toe with them.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I really enjoy the win but please don't jinx the enjoyment.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Remember when Di Matteo took over from AVB at Chelsea and steered them to FA Cup and Champions League glory?

Seems the most likely scenario for Solskjaer right now.

Yakuza_devils

I don't know. My expectation for Man Utd have been lowered so much because of Moyes, LVG and Jose. It was pure torture and hell watching football under them.

Now I just want to watch we play modern exciting attacking football regardless whether we win title or not. I just want to have some fun watching Man Utd again. That's how bad we have fallen.

From now on, this should be a minimum requirement to be Man Utd manager who must play modern fluid attacking football with Top 4 as minumm requirement. After a few years, then we will be looking at winning title.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Remember when Di Matteo took over from AVB at Chelsea and steered them to FA Cup and Champions League glory?

Seems the most likely scenario for Solskjaer right now.
Nah I am thinking it's more like when the Madrid players got Rafa sacked and Zidane came in and guided them to three Champions Leagues. After all, Ole and Zidane have both scored in European Cup finals. :p

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If Ole doesn't get the United gig, I think he will be depressed, going back to the level and quality of Molde again.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The next 4 games are more than winnable. If he comes through them games with maximum points, then it's gonna be Ole v Poch on the 13th of January, which will be his first big test. If Ole defeats Poch in his own back yard, then there could be a real case for Ole to get the job.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I will sign Ole up if he can take 11-12 points off the TOP 5. If he do that with the current squad then I think he ready to lead UTD and We should forget about Poch.

el3mel

I'm starting to open a little bit to it. Let's wait to see how the season pans out to be. Maybe he turns out to be our Zidane. I feel like I trust him more than Giggs who always looked like a pushed up idea for me.

lysglimt

Scout
We should at least wait until half-time against Huddersfield before we decide

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Today says a lot more about Jose than it does about Solskjaer.

Having said that. 3 year contract please

InfiniteBoredom

If a team with Wijnaldum, Henderson and Milner in midfield can dominate teams and playing their own style against the big ones then there’s no reason why we can’t do the same.

And I’d get a few beatings once in a while if we can dole out the same. Much more enjoyable than sitting through 90 mins upon 90 mins of dour, reactive, shit football only to lose in the end.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Anyone else find themselves watching old videos of the last 3 mins of the 98/99 CL final?
“Solskjaer has won it!!”
Was regaling my kids about it today after the Cardiff game.
Did they care? Did they fcuk! Weren’t even born then so ancient history to them.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
One game at the time. The feeling is great and can't wait for the next game scheduling everything around it. To see him get this chance and managing us is also brilliant. He basically saved our season no matter what happens in the end.

As it is though, this particular result says more about Jose than Ole as our long term option.

CallyRed

I'm surprised it took this long for a thread asking this question to appear. Was expecting it after we went 2 nil up.

C'est Moi Cantona

I hope we stay focused on getting Poch in the summer, and then if wants to come, and Ole does really well, we have an exciting decision to make.

Hal9000

I would love for it to work out for Ole and for him to become permanent manager, or our manager one day. But i think Ponch is the obvious choice right now.

I'm at least hoping this will open the gates for bigger and better things for him, he gets another crack at someone outside Molde, he proves himself and is ready to come back to use as the next manager after the next manager.

RAVred

Blatant attention seeking. You say so yourself its way too early to say...

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Only one result so wouldnt want to give him the job permanently just yet. If this continues and the football is exciting and we are winning games again, then why not Ill be all for it. Pochettino would cost 40m, which is money we can invest back into the team. If we get Toby A from Spurs next month then it should tighten the defence up and the climb up the table should continue.

One trick Mourinho missed though, our defence isnt our strength so why not playing attacking football and take pressure off the defence. Ole got it right yesterday and didnt give Cardiff the chance to attack or pressurise our defence too often. We pinned them back in their own half and actually dominated the game. Mourinhos tactics are best suited for older experienced players, but our team is full of younger players with buckets of energy wanting to get around the pitch as much as possible, chasing down everything and causing problems. Also seeing the likes of Jones and Lindelof in the opposition half setting up chances was fantastic, it means teams dont know how to play against us as we are dangerous from everywhere. Forward passing and taking risks with some of the passes was good to see, Jose was scared of these passes in case we lost possession, but our domination shows the team is more than capable of playing this way and retaining possession. The lack of trust in these players was disgusting and Im glad he has gone, the sickner of his sacking was the pay off he received.

El Presidente

Way, way, way too early. The next few games are key for Ole. They are all easy games that should boost everyone’s confidence and then comes Wembley. The first big test. Only then this should be considered. The second is obviously PSG.

Pass one and, at least, impress in the other and then he really has to be considered.

Eriku

If Ole doesn't get the United gig, I think he will be depressed, going back to the level and quality of Molde again.
He can live in his home town, where his kids want to be, and have more time to be with them, and go back to coaching another team he loves. I mean, Ole will want the job, but I’m sure he can see the silver lining and not get depressed :)

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I really enjoy the win but please don't jinx the enjoyment.
Exactly. Was wonderful to be a United fan again but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Whether it was a new manager bounce or a turning point remains to be seen but a lovely Christmas present thats for sure.