Solskjær press conference vs City (A) | Ole: "Alexis will come back in the summer and will prove you all wrong"

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He actually said that about Sanchez then?

We're so doomed.

DamoK

I know what you mean, but no. Scary as that comment is, there is no hidden meaning behind it. Sanchez is coming back. I can only believe that there is no money for transfers and the Glazer's are hammering down the costs and will sell up
They are hammering down costs alright but I don't think they have any intention of selling while they are lining their pockets, scumbags

lsd

The Oracle
I think he's coming to the end of his wits with the dithering and inaction from the board as well.

I don't know what people want him to say . Fergie never gave any update on potential transfers so why would Ole or any manager?

They are not involved in negotiations

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I am actually beginning to feel sorry for Ole. It is looking like he is being hung out to dry. Woodward is out of sight. The people to blame are the board and Woodward for giving Ole the job and not backing him properly, not Ole for taking his dream job. This club is a laughing stock.
Agreed.

Fergie said all the time, probably where he picked it up from.
It's used a lot by Scottish people, myself included.

gica_7

I thought Ole was a puppet. But with that quote, I will no longer do that injustice to puppets. Ole believes we are idiots.

Testing our patience.

Feck me i thought that quote was a joke. Ole is making it very difficult to stay behind him now. Sanchez is barely playing in Serie A but he's going to be our big summer signing :houllier:

red4ever 79

Feck me i thought that quote was a joke. Ole is making it very difficult to stay behind him now. Sanchez is barely playing in Serie A but he's going to be our big summer signing :houllier:
the 1st of 6 already announced. Gomes and Chong resigning will be another 2 done

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
"Alexis will come back and prove you all wrong." This is such an obvious cry for help from Ole. Reminds me of the old lady who called 911 asking for pizza. Only in that case the operator figured out she was kidnapped and managed to save her. I don't think this will have a happy ending though.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don't know what people want him to say . Fergie never gave any update on potential transfers so why would Ole or any manager?

They are not involved in negotiations
Fergie operated under a difference set of circumstances though, with him he had the track record to say "trust me, I've done this before" and fans follow.

RightSaidFredTheRed

10:12KEY EVENT
United address Bruno Fernandes transfer saga and Alexis Sanchez future
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had no update to provide on Bruno Fernandes and claims Alexis Sanchez would prove his critics wrong.
You can read the full story here.
Im sorry, but the Sanchez piece is laughable, or actually not at all laughable. It's a bad joke.

7 games, 1 goal, 1 assist. A player already on the decline (in a jump off a dam type decline) injured for half a season.

This comment is just based on hope and spin. So fed up of this crap. I get we'll be stuck with him, but it's potentially more damaging to keep him around than to make a deal for him to go.

I'd rather Chong got game time over Sanchez and im equally unconvinced by him, but at least he is young and not on wages that piss everyone off in the club.

As for Fernandes, the party line has gone beyond wearing thin. He is straight up digging a hole with comments about value and not being taken to ransom.

At least if being professional leave it at...we need players to push for top 4 and trophies and it'll be very difficult without. I hope we'll make progress here. That's all he needs to say.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
It might be preemptive face saving as Inter won't be buying him, and he will be almost impossible to sell with the wages he's on.

Depressing regardless

To be fair to Ole on this one, he's remained consistent about Sanchez since coming to the club, thinks he's still a top player, sending on loan only to get him back on track and that he'll be coming back no doubt.
The really strange part is why send him on loan at all and have Jesse and Andreas stinking the place out all season? if you think Sanchez is still a good player, keep him and try and show people that.

vanderpants

He will be classed as a new signing by Utd , so that's one less player that will be incoming in the summer. Ed and Ole at it again

red4ever 79

To be fair to Ole on this one, he's remained consistent about Sanchez since coming to the club, thinks he's still a top player, sending on loan only to get his back on track and that he'll be coming back no doubt.
The really strange part is why send him on loan at all and have Jesse and Andreas stinking the place out all season, if you think Sanchez is still a good player, keep him and try and show people that.
Yes because Sanchez has in fact proved Ole right during his loan spell right. In 5 months he has played 7 games and scored 1 goal

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Only to be sold imo
Yes. Pretty obvious to support the player while trying to keep his value somewhat before shifting him on. No reason to panic about such a comment, or at least that is what I hope.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: The Alexis comment is special alright. No need for Sancho. We've got Sanchez. Like a new signing when you think about it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Never trust a man who gets topless with his friend and his two dogs in his bedroom, who also plays a fake piano to impress people and stars in a movie called Mi Amigo Sanchez.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sanchez was always going to come back as no one would want to pay his salary. All these clowns did was letting inter use him for a year at a time when we needed players in exchange of some pocket change spared in terms of salary.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I honestly do not think I am exaggerating when I say our club is an absolute disjointed mess. It’s genuinely shocking.

red4ever 79

Yes. Pretty obvious to support the player while trying to keep his value somewhat before shifting him on. No reason to panic about such a comment, or at least that is what I hope.
I dont believe that at all. No journalist there asked him "any update on Sanchez' He came out with that comment himself. No need to mention that at all. Fans are irritated that the club havent signed anyone in January when we are in desperate times, and Ole stokes that fire with this comment.

Amir

"Alexis will come back and prove you all wrong." This is such an obvious cry for help from Ole. Reminds me of the old lady who called 911 asking for pizza. Only in that case the operator figured out she was kidnapped and managed to save her. I don't think this will have a happy ending though.
He didn't even say 'you', he said 'us'. basically he's saying he has no faith in him either.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
In our current predicament, I’d gladly pay a couple million penalty to bring Alexis back right now, but in the summer, not really.

That said, I have considered it possible before that he’d have a role next season. To avoid being as light as this term, we need 6 players for front 3. I can’t see us signing more than one (Hopefully JS, which would cost big money). Rashford, Martial, JS (or other), Greenwood and James still needs one more. We have nothing in the academy that I would say is on the brink of first team impact, and Greenwood is already taking that role out of the group. Sanchez may need to be the 6th man.