Solskjær press conference vs Leicester

The_Order

Ole could be in trouble, but not sure how it will improve for any manager. We might stabilise, but we with this squad it will still be a struggle. If a new manager comes in and does well, then it would just be like us to not spend in January and the bare minimum in the summer. Gone are the days where we buy when we are in a position of strength.
Going to be a few more years in the wilderness for us I'm afraid. We just dont have the structure in place to move forward and sustain that forward momentum.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The Solskjaer out group are a weird bunch! Still carrying over their PTSD from Jose leaving.
I am not Solkjaer out, but even I can see that since the PSG match, we have shown terrible form.
We are currently in 8th place.
Surely, you know/understand this?

Jonno

In fairness to whoever pulled that plug, He made the right call on that transfer. Dybala was all about the money and his heart wasn't really in it according to reports. Utd really don't need players on massive wages like that.

I think they are doing it right in fairness, they are planning long term, they want the right player who they've scouted well and done all their research on. This takes time.

Woody is not the right person to be in charge though. He sucks big time at running a football club, move him back to the financial office where he's good at doing that.

Patience is needed. Let's see what happens over the next year.
It was the right move. But my problem is the complete randomness of the way we do business. If we wanted a number 10, we should have been planning to buy a number 10 as back as March-April. Not just randomly bidding for whoever comes on the market... It's all so unorganised and the opposite of how I've known Man United to do business.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Going to be a few more years in the wilderness for us I'm afraid. We just dont have the structure in place to move forward and sustain that forward momentum.
It is and the only way it will change is this regime going. They will not go until they have milked every last penny they can. The only way is for the club to be relegated and for them to lose the TV money etc. That could be terrible. I really worry about which road we are on.

podurban2

It was the right move. But my problem is the complete randomness of the way we do business. If we wanted a number 10, we should have been planning to buy a number 10 as back as March-April. Not just randomly bidding for whoever comes on the market... It's all so unorganised and the opposite of how I've known Man United to do business.
100% agree, there’s no structure at all.

DomesticTadpole

I am not Solkjaer out, but even I can see that since the PSG match, we have shown terrible form.
Most of us wanted Jose out and were relieved when he went. Did we think Ole was the longterm answer? Not really. The form we are in is extremely worrying and our coaching staff seem incapable of adjustments to correct it.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
None of the injured players expected to start according to quotes in the app. Leicester win.
Bizarrely, I think with our 2nd string of players, we may just beat LCFC, as they'll be hungrier. With our first choice team, we may have drawn/lost, as they just don't seem to be too bothered about winning or losing.

DomesticTadpole

Injuries eh? Who'd have thought, this has never happened to us before.
Dammit! He's over training them now. :lol: Why do we get all these injuries no matter who is in charge? You have to look at some of these players now. Some have had bad injuries, in the past, is it the recovery programmes we have which are not doing the job?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Based on the likely line ups I make them favourites. Bit depressing.

RedCurry

Bizarrely, I think with our 2nd string of players, we may just beat LCFC, as they'll be hungrier. With our first choice team, we may have drawn/lost, as they just don't seem to be too bothered about winning or losing.
If only hunger translated to talent, I’d be talented all the time.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The season is 4 games old and we could easily have won all 4. We're likely to lose tomorrow because too many of our best players are missing meaning Leicester simply have a better team than us. A lot of this is just bad luck.

Judas

Open to offers
It quite sad that we're already feeling so glum and its the middle of September. This season is going to be painful, we all expected it and yet it'll still be a struggle to watch.

kps88

Their first eleven is actually stronger than ours right now with those injuries. And we have West Ham away and Arsenal coming up next. Fun times.

Judas

Open to offers
The season is 4 games old and we could easily have won all 4. We're likely to lose tomorrow because too many of our best players are missing meaning Leicester simply have a better team than us. A lot of this is just bad luck.
Funny how so many people on here want to blame luck, saying we're cursed etc. yeah it feels that way, but in some ways it's an easy out, simpler than actually looking at the real issues we have.

DomesticTadpole

I would have doubted Ole sold those players not expecting them to be replaced. The only way is if he really was hoping to use the kids, he probably thought things would have gone better and but for a couple of penalty misses and a bad goalkeeping mistake, they would have. That has changed his attitude. He thought we would have been in a good position and might have slotted a couple of kids in here and there, now he likely feels he cannot put them under that sort of pressure. It will be Carabao Cup and EL for them. If we fail tomorrow it will be his senior players who are letting him down.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It quite sad that we're already feeling so glum and its the middle of September. This season is going to be painful, we all expected it and yet it'll still be a struggle to watch.
Far happier with this season and more optimistic for it then last season, or 13/14, or 15/16. Plenty to look forward to with us, but unfortunately when you get a big chunk of injuries, that will always cause issues. Whether this is related to Ole's training methods is a whole different issue that we have no clue on, but we'll see how it goes.

AFC NimbleThumb

The fact some ‘posters’ [wanted to use another word] on this forum are continuing to push the rhetoric that we are in any sort of rebuild phase & that letting more 1st team members leave than were bought is a good thing has me truly puzzled; I get positivity but honestly we are shambolic.

This isn’t an extraordinary injury crisis & here we are [as I said countless times in multiple threads to be shouted down by the usual ITKs] with Ashley Young getting meaningful minutes at full back & throw in Matic who will likely playing tomorrow aswell.

Even if this is a part of ‘the rebuild’ to go into a season with this squad by design is actually worse than not knowing wtf you are doing.

I’ve been offered tickets to a few games between now & Christmas, & i’ll be handing them out to clients as I cba with watching this car crash every week.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Dammit! He's over training them now. :lol: Why do we get all these injuries no matter who is in charge? You have to look at some of these players now. Some have had bad injuries, in the past, is it the recovery programmes we have which are not doing the job?
Absolutely no idea at this point, it's a common fecking occurance though here, annual injury crisis vol. 359048481, amazing that we didn't get ourselves anyhow ready for it.

DomesticTadpole

Far happier with this season and more optimistic for it then last season, or 13/14, or 15/16. Plenty to look forward to with us, but unfortunately when you get a big chunk of injuries, that will always cause issues. Whether this is related to Ole's training methods is a whole different issue that we have no clue on, but we'll see how it goes.
It was obvious we were going to get injuries, that is why the squad needed to be deeper in quality and it isn't. This was always going to happen at some stage, except it has happened a lot earlier than usual.

Vissy

Funny how so many people on here want to blame luck, saying we're cursed etc. yeah it feels that way, but in some ways it's an easy out, simpler than actually looking at the real issues we have.
Not you or anybody else here knows enough to even specify what the real issues are, which is why I wish people had more self-awareness than they typically display here and admitted that most of this is just frustrated fans waffling about things they have no idea about. Your guess is literally as good as mine as to what's going wrong, but bad luck certainly seems like a good catch-all.

Enigma_87

You know who
Not really.

You had many posters saying we have a thin squad that is bound to get found out, although to be fair most would expected to at least reach October.

It's bad preparation that's what it is. Blame whoever you want on that - CEO, manager, tea lady, but not luck. It isn't about luck.

The problem is losing Pogba or one of Rashford/Martial on its own is an injury crisis itself, let alone having multiple players injured. :lol:

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Totally agree tbh, but sometimes you gotta be fluid in the transfer market. If a player becomes available, especially one of Dybala's quality it is worth a call. Maybe they have a #10 targeted, but like Sancho its not gonna happen until Champions league. At the moment Utd are not a team who can pick and choose the exact targets they want/need.

That is indeed if all the noise about him was true? Did it actually happen or was it paper talk?

Grande

Not you or anybody else here knows enough to even specify what the real issues are, which is why I wish people had more self-awareness than they typically display here and admitted that most of this is just frustrated fans waffling about things they have no idea about. Your guess is literally as good as mine as to what's going wrong, but bad luck certainly seems like a good catch-all.
It’s bad luck for the fans, as we can’t influence stuff too much. Complaining about Glazers sticking to Woodward as head of football is about it (and I find it worthwhile, I must admit).

It’s good luck for Matic, Gomes, Young and Greenwood, who will probably get more game time this way.

In the long run, we’ll learn from it. (Provided Glazers do something about the football leadership).

Kurton

It's a shambles. Sick of it every season. No excuse 4 games in. Shaw, Martial, AWB, Dalot something seriously wrong at the club. Year in year out it's the same bulls*t.
Starting to feel Shaw and Martial are entering perma-crock territory. Every season they seem to be out for several weeks on end. It is why Martial never seems to be able to score more than 10 goals despite appearing to be our most reliable finisher. As soon as he seem to be building some momentum, he's out for weeks.