Solskjær sack watch | 2019/20 edition

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Moyes spends 35m and gets sacked for finishing 7th.

That same wkth others?
That was so wrong. He got only 10% of the time and money that he truly deserved. No patience in football these days.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
If he gets the same time AND transfer funding as the others and doesn't succeed then I'll be fine with sacking him.
The other two managers were actually successful compared to most Man Utd managers. It’s arguable that the other two were sacked to soon were historically managers that keep United competitive in the first two seasons or win a cup etc usually get an 2-4 extra season. Whereas b those that are clearly out of their depth have always got the sack very quickly.

How do I check on all his old trafford friends, and Old trafford status.
As Maxi says, our match going fans rarely act like cnuts to managers, we’ve embarrassed ourselves very little over the years mocking Nani, Young, Fellaini but we don’t make OT a hostile place for managers.

As for me, the biggest @Wumminator Ole defender in here for example can vouch for me sorting him tickets, you get any more non biased than that. If you don’t get the vibe from the people you go to games with I’m amazed as for example before the last match in the old Chesters opposite Tesco, every single conversation I could hear was suggesting Ole is way out of depth, twas pretty unanimous.

It’s hardly controversial for you “not to believe”, we’re 10th for fecks sakes. :lol:

Jerome Holland

Now that Emery is gone a point clear of us and Mourinho at Spurs you can expect an upturn in results. Will our board be ruthless and cut Ole after this week because I believe the Man City result for us next week will be nothing short of tragic. Whether you have a long term project or not does not mean it has to be Ole. The same ideas could be imbedded in a new coach eg Poch.

R'hllor

As Maxi says, our match going fans rarely act like cnuts to managers, we’ve embarrassed ourselves very little over the years mocking Nani, Young, Fellaini but we don’t make OT a hostile place for managers.

As for me, the biggest @Wumminator Ole defender in here for example can vouch for me sorting him tickets, you get any more non biased than that. If you don’t get the vibe from the people you go to games with I’m amazed as for example before the last match in the old Chesters opposite Tesco, every single conversation I could hear was suggesting Ole is way out of depth, twas pretty unanimous.

It’s hardly controversial for you “not to believe”, we’re 10th for fecks sakes. :lol:
OT crowd really showed their face during LvG, buying scarfs of JM and going into the ground with it, while still having a manager, proper bunch of cnuts.

Alabaster Codify7

Needs to beat AV or I feel bad results to Spurs and City and he’s gone.
I thought he’d get the window to sort it out but Spurs playing well and Arsenal about to get a new manager, and things not looking rosy unless we get points on the board.

I don't see them as either/or. We could win today and probably will but even so, losses to Spurs and City should still put him on the chopping block at any well run football club. Just picking up 3pts at home to Aston Villa is a bare minimum requirement for a Man United manager, especially one who has dropped points to Southampton, Bournmeouth, Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Crystal Palace, West Ham already this season.

A well run football club doesnt press 'Reset' on a manager's health bar just because they beat a relegation candidate at home or away.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If anyone thinks it's an insult they need to get out more. It's well known United have fans all over the world and all 55 million of them don't go to every game. So lots are internet fans. I don't think you need to defend your stance at all. Some people just seek offence.
Nail on the head buddy

SteveW

Agreed. Every manager should get a minimum of 2.5 years and 350 million pounds regardless of how they perform. That's how you run a club well.
He's spent the money pretty well. Previous managers signed problems.

SteveW

Considering that we are in our worst premiere league run in 30 years, he's clearly not taking us forwards.
SAF finished 12th. Klopp finished 8th. Youd hgave sacked both seemingly. It's about judgement right now. Some have it. Some don't.

amolbhatia50k

He's incapable of actually managing the football team. If he fails this season (most likely ) thankfully the club isn't going to wait till he spends 350 million and continues to disappoint, as they didn't do with Moyes.

SteveW

He's incapable of actually managing the football team. If he fails this season (most likely ) thankfully the club isn't going to wait till he spends 350 million and continues to disappoint, as they didn't do with Moyes.
Not true though is it? He's had plenty good performances against better teams and his signings have been good. Your claim is empty. "Incapapable" how is he incapable?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
SAF finished 12th. Klopp finished 8th. Youd hgave sacked both seemingly. It's about judgement right now. Some have it. Some don't.
So basically every club in the world need to give their managers 6 years to asesss them because they might turn into Sir Alex Ferguson?

Sterling Archer

Internet fans, guess thats some type of insult. Also regardless of opinions about United Stand, they shit all over those muppets on Full time devils, thats for sure.
It's an insult no matter how they doll it up. And one that Ole himself has been throwing around after his poor results . Mood here is good despite what internet fans think *evil smile* It's not very ingratiating.

Gehrman

Yeah. That's what I said. Well done
Saf had pedrigree. He worked wonders with Aberdeen. Klopp worked wonders with Dortmund.

Ole's preimere league experience is being relegated with Cardiff. Winning the norwegian league with Molde is fine and an all, but I don't think in this day and age it qualifies you to become a Man Utd manager.

I'd say someone like Brendan Rodgers is actually are more qualifed though I dislike his persona.

amolbhatia50k

Not true though is it? He's had plenty good performances against better teams and his signings have been good. Your claim is empty. "Incapapable" how is he incapable?
Wow that's impressive. Getting the odd good peformance out of the team once in awhile in an overwhelmingly disappointing season is definitely the stuff of great managers. My claim is backed with facts. Yours is seeped in faith and hope. Incapable? So far he is given he's one of the worst performing managers in the league. Maybe you feel we don't need any better than that.

The Bloody-Nine

Saf had pedrigree. He worked wonders with Aberdeen. Klopp worked wonders with Dortmund.

Ole's preimere league experience is being relegated with Cardiff. Winning the norwegian league with Molde is fine and an all, but I don't think in this day and age it qualifies you to become a Man Utd manager.

I'd say someone like Brendan Rodgers is actually are more qualifed though I dislike his persona.
Rodgers is way more qualified. His Liverpool past would likely preclude him from being a candidate for us, rightly or wrongly.

amolbhatia50k

Klopp's imprint on the team was clear. Their fans backed him because there was clear and obvious potential. Ours are struggling to because there isn't any on display. It's as simple as that as opposed some secret sauce called judgment being prevailent in some.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
This is the major problem of appointing a 'club legend' to manage United.
He did nothing with Cardiff and was quite successful in bottom tier league. (Basically a low tier manager)

In his 35 games in charge of United in the league, we've achieved 57 points. 32 of which game in the first 12 games.
Since then we've achieved 25 points out of 23 games... Only just above a point per game (My figures may not be 100% on this)

Our form is awful, yet we need to stick by him because how can we sack Ole...

SteveW

This pedigree argument is infuriating. Carte blanche to pre-judge. I'll judge him on the job he does here, nothing else. Nobody with any common sense is making a final judgement right now.

Gehrman

This pedigree argument is infuriating. Carte blanche to pre-judge. I'll judge him on the job he does here, nothing else. Nobody with any common sense is making a final judgement right now.
How the hell does having pedigree not matter when you're managing a club the size of Man Utd. That's why it was bonkers to hire someone like Moyes in the first replace to take over after the greatest manager of all time.

And Ole is not doing a great job. How many years do you think he merits? 2? 3?

I think the signigns he's made has been fine, but let's be realistic here. We paid a world record for a defender, 80 mil, in maguire and I don't even think he's in the top 5 or maybe even 10 CB's in the world. 55 mil for a good young RB that everyone knew was good. James has been a bargain.

We're completely depleted in our midfied and forward line though.

R'hllor

You cant make this shit up, then again no surprise there, after expressing special version of "support" for players few weeks back.

thejtrain

Nobody with any common sense is making a final judgement right now.
You say a manager's previous track record and pedigree don't matter and then proceed to accuse others of lacking common sense. Sigh. :facepalm:

SteveW

You say a manager's previous track record and pedigree don't matter and then proceed to accuse others of lacking common sense. Sigh. :facepalm:
Believe it or not people aren't typically sacked from jobs based on their performance in previous jobs they had years before. Companies are generally aware of their CV in advance of hiring them and judge them on their performance in the role they hire them for. This is not an unusual concept outside of the cafe.

Gehrman

Believe it or not people aren't typically sacked from jobs based on their performance in previous jobs they had years before. Companies are generally aware of their CV in advance of hiring them and judge them on their performance in the role they hire them for. This is not an unusual concept outside of the cafe.
But it's not like Solskjær is performing.

BlackBen

So Moyes should not have been sacked right? What a weak argument. Also the names you’re throwing about are managers who actually won major trophies.

SteveW

So Moyes should not have been sacked right? What a weak argument. Also the names you’re throwing about are managers who actually won major trophies.
Never said that. You've just attacked an argument nobody made

Acquire Me

Well said, but don’t bother. None of these geniuses run a successful business, that’s for sure.

C'est Moi Cantona

This is the major problem of appointing a 'club legend' to manage United.
He did nothing with Cardiff and was quite successful in bottom tier league. (Basically a low tier manager)

In his 35 games in charge of United in the league, we've achieved 57 points. 32 of which game in the first 12 games.
Since then we've achieved 25 points out of 23 games... Only just above a point per game (My figures may not be 100% on this)

Our form is awful, yet we need to stick by him because how can we sack Ole...
I think there's something in this been half the point of him getting the job in the first place, if it works great, but if not it's a really good way to lower expectations, spend less, stop paying off 'big name' managers, etc, there is not a chance that so many people would be accepting this so passively if the manager wasn't someone like Ole.

Then again it could be that Woodward knows full well that if he sacks Ole people are going to quite rightly ask why he's not been sacked first, and the backlash could be extreme for him and the Glazers, so maybe they're just waiting for it to get so bad that fans are just glad to see Ole gone, and they''ll get away with it again.

Gehrman

I believe if he wasn't performing then we'd be in a worse situation.
Yes if he was performing even worse, we'd be in an even worse situation. That's quite logical.

quoting Igor in this thread "
in his 35 games in charge of United in the league, we've achieved 57 points. 32 of which game in the first 12 games.

Our form is awful, yet we need to stick by him because how can we sack Ole... "

BlackBen

Never said that. You've just attacked an argument nobody made
If that’s why you’re claiming, then referencing SAF and Klopp’s positions in their first seasons is pointless.

Because what your post suggests is that they both had bad starts and were given time so same should be done for Ole and if so, why not Moyes who was performing marginally better than Ole get the sack?

Also if Ole wasn’t a club legend, would you still want him in charge now? Genuine question.

hobbers

Is anybody stupid enough to believe that we'll finish the season ahead of Spurs or Arsenal now that they've taken the obvious decisions and sacked their failing managers? (Not saying Poch is a failure but his time at Spurs obviously ran its course).

If not, why are we not following suit and trying to match their ambition?

Ole has somehow taken us from title-aspiring to even less than top four aspiring in less than a fecking year. Incredible how nostalgia and sentimentality can destroy us even after we watched it destroy Liverpool for two fecking decades.

Gehrman

I actually think he's doing some things well, but that doesn't mean he's going to be a success long term. Our attacking football is the best since SAF in my opinion as is attitude and work rate. There's some things that have been positive, but it's not enough...yet.
The standard of this is club has been truly and well lowered. If someone told you that the top 4 trophy would be enough after Fergie, you'd laugh in their face. Now it's barely the top 6 trophy, but fans are happy as long as we're running harder and playing youth.

Acquire Me

They had good records. Ole doesnt. He's learning on the job
It’s just to early to make a decision if Ole should go or stay. Everyone who manage United need to learn. That’s the way it should be.

SteveW

If that’s why you’re claiming, then referencing SAF and Klopp’s positions in their first seasons is pointless.

Because what your post suggests is that they both had bad starts and were given time so same should be done for Ole and if so, why not Moyes who was performing marginally better than Ole get the sack?

Also if Ole wasn’t a club legend, would you still want him in charge now? Genuine question.
Moyes took over the champions of England whereas Ole took over a fecking mess. Why anyone would try to pretend the situations are comparable is beyond me.