Solskjaer

I'm always right

So, will you be saying if King Eric is asked to be interviewed at Villa, he should feel flattered as well? Eric hasn't proved himself as a manager but I am 100% certain he would not treat it as flattering. Why should Ole?

One should never regard Ole as just another green manager who looks for an opportunity in any club. Ole is a humble person but he's full of confidence (since he himself knows what he can do... ) In the program where MUTV followed his life in Molde, he made no secret he wants to coach United one day. That's how confident he is in himself.
Considering Eric's only ever managed beach football, I'd say he should be seriously fecking flattered yeah.

redevil2

Considering Eric's only ever managed beach football, I'd say he should be seriously fecking flattered yeah.
That's because you're not Eric! You think small of yoruself and think small. These players and legends of United have different thinking and mindset. In their world, If people come knocking their doors, it only goes to show these club recognise talent and they will say to them, "Good choice! I will not disappoint you. I will take on the challenge. Why not?"

But people like yourself have a different mindset because you don't know what you can do and get all nervous and flattered.

They know what they can do and will go on to do their best.

redevil2

My thoughts on this: If Villa offers Ole the job, he will take it. Just a feeling I have, after everything he said and watching him today.
It's a step closer to managing United, so yes, I believe it would be wise if he takes it. He will take Villa to top 4. mark my words! :)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Tough jobs, titles expected. Lyon up against the spending power of PSG too.

Don't take up career advising.
:lol::lol::lol:

If he wants to be the United manager he'd be in EXACTLY the same position. Its the perfect way to prove himself capable of being the United manager, yet you'd prefer him to take over at Villa? fecking ell :lol:

I'm always right

:lol::lol::lol:

If he wants to be the United manager he'd be in EXACTLY the same position. Its the perfect way to prove himself capable of being the United manager, yet you'd prefer him to take over at Villa? fecking ell :lol:
Green simlies... woooooooooo! Way to make a point :-)

And yea, Villa would be a great next step.

Eirik Raude

Solskjær knows English football very well, so in my opinion any English PL club with the history and the size of Aston Villa would be a better choice than going to any other European League.

Adebesi

It's a step closer to managing United, so yes, I believe it would be wise if he takes it. He will take Villa to top 4. mark my words! :)
If he got Villa into the top 4 that would be an extraordinary achievement. A ridiculous achievement.

Sorry to say, I can't see it. He could do a lot less and still be considered a success tho.

redevil2

If he got Villa into the top 4 that would be an extraordinary achievement. A ridiculous achievement.

Sorry to say, I can't see it. He could do a lot less and still be considered a success tho.
I never said anything less would not be regarded as a success. In fact, if he manages the whole season and keep villa in the same position uneventfully, it should still be a success.

But I just have this trust and feeling about him that he will go much better than that. :)

Adebesi

I never said anything less would not be regarded as a success. In fact, if he manages the whole season and keep villa in the same position uneventfully, it should still be a success.

But I just have this trust and feeling about him that he will go much better than that. :)
I think getting them playing good football and in the top half of the table is a reasonable benchmark to set him to start with.

It's an exciting possibility. Whether he goes or stays, it doesn't really matter, his stock is rising and its good to see. Well done Ole.

Eirik Raude

So, basically, the Director of Molde FK, Tarje Nordstrand Jacobsen, told the media what Solskjær answered on the three questions posed by Røkke/Aker. These questions was asked and answered in a private conversation, and now he is trying to make Solskjær look like the bad guy by giving his answers to the press. So, there is now no chance in hell that Solskjær will remain the manager of MFK. What a feckin backstabbing cnut of a director. I hope he never gets to set foot in the stadium ever again.

Laphroaig

http://fotball.rbnett.no/eliteserien/article237310.ece

What the feck is TNJ doing?

The answers:
1. Will you stay until the end of the season?
- If I receive an offer, I'll leave ASAP, probably after the upcoming match.

2. If/when you leave Molde, will you bring any of the staff with you?
- I'll take Mark (Dempsey) and Richard (Hartis).

3. If/when you leave Molde, will you bring any of the players with you?

- Yes, I'll give Magnus Wolff Eikrem an offer.

So put yer monies on MWE to AV! Quick!

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Very classy response by Ole' to play it so cool and even say he should apologize to Rokke for the fact there was miscommunication, allowing the man with the money to save face.

I really hope he makes it to the hot seat at OT one say.

Eirik Raude

Here is the questions, and answers given by Ole:

Will you be in charge of MFK for the remainder of the season?
- That is a hypothetical question, but if I get an offer, I will leave as soon as possible, most likely after the match against Hønefoss.

If/when you leave, will you take any of the staff with you?
- I will take Mark Dempsey and Richard Hartis.

If/when you leave, do you intend to take any of the players with you?
- Yes, I will give an offer to Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

Eirik Raude

They have made a right mess out of things, that's for sure. I really hope Ole goes to Villa and does well, and I hope the board members involved in this whole situation get on the first plane out of town and never look back.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Here is the questions, and answers given by Ole:

Will you be in charge of MFK for the remainder of the season?
- That is a hypothetical question, but if I get an offer, I will leave as soon as possible, most likely after the match against Hønefoss.

If/when you leave, will you take any of the staff with you?
- I will take Mark Dempsey and Richard Hartis.

If/when you leave, do you intend to take any of the players with you?
- Yes, I will give an offer to Magnus Wolff Eikrem.
Well, the answer to #1 is a bit surprising, since he said publicly that he's not looking to move this year and intends to see out his contract, was just talking to Villa to show respect and get the experience.

Of course this is PR and you do have to lie by omission and such for the sake of the supporters, not driving up prices by announcing intent to buy, et cetera. If a manager is thinking of leaving, but may not, of course he's going to keep this private, it would only hurt the team to make it public.

Pretty cruel of the jerk who released the information, if Ole was only trying to protect the club.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Well, the answer to #1 is a bit surprising, since he said publicly that he's not looking to move this year and intends to see out his contract, was just talking to Villa to show respect and get the experience.

Of course this is PR and you do have to lie by omission and such for the sake of the supporters, not driving up prices by announcing intent to buy, et cetera. If a manager is thinking of leaving, but may not, of course he's going to keep this private, it would only hurt the team to make it public.

Pretty cruel of the jerk who released the information, if Ole was only trying to protect the club.
What Ole said in that press conference is what you'd expect. He never completely ruled out Villa and my feeling has always been if he did get an offer he would consider it and most likely accept it. Ole was trying to protect the club in the way he handled the questions in the press conference and the director has shit on him from a great height by releasing those answers. His position is untenable and no way will he be the Molde manager anymore. Only problem is the Villa job isn't guaranteed either but he won't be short of offers.

pillory

Well, the answer to #1 is a bit surprising, since he said publicly that he's not looking to move this year and intends to see out his contract
If you're referring to what he said in the presser, that definitely sounded like "I'm not actively seeking a move, but I'm open to interesting offers".

Eirik Raude

At least Ole is being honest with the club. Also, everybody knew that this was going to happen eventually when they hired Ole, it's just happening a little bit sooner than they would have thought. Anyway, Ole has said since the day he started the job that he wants Molde to be a club that gives players the chance to go abroad to bigger clubs, and whoever get's an offer, he will give them the chance to take it. Of course he would want that to apply to himself as well. I mean, can you think of any Norwegian football club that would deny their manager the opportunity to manage in the Premier League? Nobody in their right mind would do that. What next? Molde sacking Ole Gunnar so that they don't even get paid for losing him? How can someone this stupid run a football club?

Damien

Staff
Things have hugely backfired on the owners/director. Seems they've been trying to turn Solskjaer into enemy #1 with their actions but if anything it has done the opposite and now they're getting the flak instead.

It's not a surprise that they wouldn't have been happy with Ole's response to the questions but they knew that it was going to happen sooner or later. It's just that with his success there and the constant managerial merry-go-round here it has happened sooner than they expected.

Eirik Raude

Good luck Ole, thanks for everything you did for Molde. Hope to see you at Manchester United in a while. You deserve to work with professionals, and not clueless clowns, and it seems like leaving the country is the only way you can achieve that.

Eriku

Maybe Aston Villa have been doing some dark arts in the press to manufacture a move?

YOU MONSTER, LERNER!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Feel bad for Ole; seems as hes been put in a very bad situation.

I think he just needs to get out ASAP, the relationship with the board will never be the same again.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
All Molde had to do was let it blow over and accept that it was a misunderstanding, no?

Surely Aker's withdraw was a result of this miscommunication, I'm surprised the didn't retract the statement. I mean, did they expect Ole to stay there forever? They only signed him to a 3 year deal after all. When a team wins their league for the first time in 100 years it tend to get the manager attention.

Eirik Raude

I can understand to some extent that the board is disappointed, because Ole has many times been talking about the long term project that is Molde FK. But that doesn't give them the right to act as complete and utter unprofessional bastards. All this nonsense only harms the club, and that's not in anybody's interest.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
As long as Ole was always clear that he would look to move on to the right sort of job, even after a year, it's fine with me. It's possible that Rokke or whoever was under the impression he wouldn't leave, I know I've given a boss a stronger impression I'd stay than I really had, though that doesn't sound like something Ole would do.

But it sounds like he was leaning toward accepting the offer and Rokke decided he'd bail financially and try to pin it on Ole to save face. He knew he had the paper from Ole saying he was interested in leaving so that Ole couldn't pretend otherwise once he released it. But then considering the investment and his friendship with Ole that sounds very strange too.

Damien

Staff
All Molde had to do was let it blow over and accept that it was a misunderstanding, no?

Surely Aker's withdraw was a result of this miscommunication, I'm surprised the didn't retract the statement. I mean, did they expect Ole to stay there forever? They only signed him to a 3 year deal after all. When a team wins their league for the first time in 100 years it tend to get the manager attention.
Aker were planning to withdraw support at the end of the season/year anyway I think. What has happened with Ole has given them an excuse to withdraw it earlier.

Eirik Raude

It's not the first time Røkke has offered the shares in the club for 1 krone. He stormed out in anger a few years ago during a meeting where Molde decided to sell one of their best players to arch rivals Rosenborg, but he went back on it after a little while. Anyway, it's his company that has withdrawn their economic support. He's still spending a lot of his private money in the club's academy and another project which he initiated on a private basis, to help both Molde and other local football clubs. Also, he built the stadium, and he now intends to lease it to Molde FK for 1 krone per year, which is a big loss for him financially. The club doesn't have any debt neither.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
This should be in the Football Forum. But I'm not going to be the one to move it. Ole is United to me.