Solskjaer's contract

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don’t understand why this needs explaining. They’ve moved from 8th to 4th. Knocked out Atletico Madrid, in an FA cup semi final.

But what form :lol:. Just let me have this one. You’re being anal.
No Im not. You're being daft, bringing in unrelated tournaments into a discussion about the Premier League.

We bear AC Milan, they beat Sheffield United. They didn't play a Leicester side who are above them in the league, so you're still talking out of your arse on form.

Mainoldo

No Im not. You're being daft, bringing in unrelated tournaments into a discussion about the Premier League.

We bear AC Milan, they beat Sheffield United. They didn't play a Leicester side who are above them in the league, so you're still talking out of your arse on form.
Do you know how pathetic you sound?

Unrelated tournaments like the Champions league. Yet you want to tell me about the Champions League B competition.

Respectfully you are doing too much. But continue. Tell me how they beat Sheffield United but we lost our top spot in the league because we couldn’t overcome them.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
In the 14 games since tuchel has taken over, W10 D4 L0. They were 9th in the league, they are now 4th. Progressed to both QF of the Champions League and SF of the FA Cup. He’s been manager less than 3 months but I’d say that’s 3 months of pretty good form.
Great post.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Do you know how pathetic you sound?

Unrelated tournaments like the Champions league. Yet you want to tell me about the Champions League B competition.
I didn't bring external tournaments into it - you did. That is what is pathetic - you bringing in form in other cups to stat pad your point about the Premier League. Jose won the Europa Cup in a year for us where he was shit in the league domestically. No one would think of mixing the two. Di Matteo won the CL when he was shit in the league - no one would think to mix the two. They are two separate things. If you want to talk about domestic PL Standing, stick to the premier league games and don't try to stat pad.
Respectfully you are doing too much. But continue. Tell me how they beat Sheffield United but we lost our top spot in the league because we couldn’t overcome them.
It's the fecking FA Cup. They also couldn't beat Leeds or Southampton who we absolutely spanked with our biggest scorelines. Do you know how "pathetic" your logic is right now?

Mainoldo

I didn't bring external tournaments into it - you did. That is what is pathetic - you bringing in form in other cups to stat pad your point about the Premier League. Jose won the Europa Cup in a year for us where he was shit in the league domestically. No one would think of mixing the two. Di Matteo won the CL when he was shit in the league - no one would think to mix the two. They are two separate things. If you want to talk about domestic PL Standing, stick to the premier league games and don't try to stat pad.

It's the fecking FA Cup. They also couldn't beat Leeds or Southampton who we absolutely spanked with our biggest scorelines. Do you know how "pathetic" your logic is right now?
:lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
In the 14 games since tuchel has taken over, W10 D4 L0. They were 9th in the league, they are now 4th. Progressed to both QF of the Champions League and SF of the FA Cup. He’s been manager less than 3 months but I’d say that’s 3 months of pretty good form.
Looking since matchday 18 they have 25 points to our 21, and this is noting our relative form since Jan has been the worst since what, start of season?

The insinuation that "form will take them above us" not by you, but by someone desperate to correlate unrelated cups in the PL as form (@Mainoldo ) is just agenda driven desperation. No one is denying they have done better under the new manager. But in the last PL 5 games their form has been worse than ours. We have had one of our biggest league set backs and are still comparable on form to Chelsea are, and the current table reflects a 6 point lead on top.

So this suggestion that Chelsea will pip us to 2nd, because they have form to suggest overcoming a 6 point lead is just far-fetched. And the poster knows it's far fetched because he's bringing unrelated cups into the argument. I now know why he's the joke of many Ole threads.

Mainoldo

Looking since matchday 18 they have 25 points to our 21, and this is noting our relative form since Jan has been the worst since what, start of season?

The insinuation that "form will take them above us" not by you, but by someone desperate to correlate unrelated cups in the PL as form (@Mainoldo ) is just agenda driven desperation. No one is denying they have done better under the new manager. But in the last PL 5 games their form has been worse than ours. We have had one of our biggest league set backs and are still comparable on form to Chelsea are, and the current table reflects a 6 point lead on top.

So this suggestion that Chelsea will pip us to 2nd, because they have form to suggest overcoming a 6 point lead is just far-fetched. And the poster knows it's far fetched because he's bringing unrelated cups into the argument. I now know why he's the joke of many Ole threads.
Your a joke. Which is why no one takes you serious which ever side you try to play. The progress and form is relatively visible but instead you want to argue with stats which still work in my favour.

It was never intended to be a stats argument but for some reason you decided to bring it there just so you could feel big. Me bringing in the cups is not a dig at our club but what I am highlighting to you is momentum. It’s the same momentum that brought a Liverpool side finishing 4th but entering a championship league final... well you know how the story went.

So stop being a child go make some lunch and leave intelligent topics to intelligent people.

Hughes35

You have to either renew a managers contract or sack him. Having an expiring contract means uncertainty for the players which will impact things on the pitch.

He doesn't deserve the sack so a renewal is the only option IMO. Renewing the contract also makes it more likely they will back him in the transfer window.

Just really hope we win the Europa, could be massive for Ole and the team long term.

IncyWincySpider

You have to either renew a managers contract or sack him. Having an expiring contract means uncertainty for the players which will impact things on the pitch.

He doesn't deserve the sack so a renewal is the only option IMO. Renewing the contract also makes it more likely they will back him in the transfer window.

Just really hope we win the Europa, could be massive for Ole and the team long term.
Agreed on all counts. I really hope we hold onto second and win Europa; that would set us up perfectly for next season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Your a joke. Which is why no one takes you serious which ever side you try to play. The progress and form is relatively visible but instead you want to argue with stats which still work in my favour.

It was never intended to be a stats argument but for some reason you decided to bring it there just so you could feel big. Me bringing in the cups is not a dig at our club but what I am highlighting to you is momentum. It’s the same momentum that brought a Liverpool side finishing 4th but entering a championship league final... well you know how the story went.

So stop being a child go make some lunch and leave intelligent topics to intelligent people.
:lol: "it's not a statistical argument" and you reference form in your own post.

Then you have the cheek to talk of intelligence! Wonder how momentum took Di Matteo and Jose when they won cups. This is such a hilarious argument. It's not even an argument, I've already called your BS out with examples, with stats too.

You keep your agenda, that's fine. I may just put you on ignore like 90% of the forum probably already have.

Skåre Willoch

I think it makes sense to extend the contract now, and is the only logical option if we aren't planning on sacking him.
Going in to next season with uncertainty wouldn't be beneficial to either party.

L1nk

Club is going to swim around in mediocrity for many more seasons on it's current trajectory, I see lessons still have not been learned for these clowns, I think at this point, regardless on if you are Ole in or Ole out, you have to seriously question this decision.

A well run organisation would wait until the end of the season and assess the current situation before handing out this kind of contract. Just so so dumb, so dumb. At the moment you might say Ole deserves a new extension (though I don't personally believe that he can take us to a next level) however by the end we may have still not won anything and struggle to make the Top 4, so again I ask, why the hell are they doing this now, none of the top clubs are trying to poach him to manage them, we basically have a free run at him and yet don't take advantage of this situation.

How did these people ever get to the positions they got to in their careers with their kind of thinking and planning, it beggars belief.

RUCK4444

Wow meltdown imminent it seems. People need to calm down and rationalise the situation.

There is no perfect alternative waiting in the wings and we have made progress, stop denying it, we have. So let's see how we progress after one more transfer window, let Ole finish this rebuild and if we don't mount a real challenge for the title next season then we can review the situation then.

If there is no manager who guarantees an improvement then there is absolutely no point replacing Ole at this point. We all know the team has major weaknesses that still need addressing, that doesn't totally absolve Ole of any blame for our inconsistent form however you do have to factor in the difference between the squad in first place and second place. We have holes at DM, RW, CB and major question marks on our forwards.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Wow meltdown imminent it seems. People need to calm down and rationalise the situation.

There is no perfect alternative waiting in the wings and we have made progress, stop denying it, we have. So let's see how we progress after one more transfer window, let Ole finish this rebuild and if we don't mount a real challenge for the title next season then we can review the situation then.

If there is no manager who guarantees an improvement then there is absolutely no point replacing Ole at this point. We all know the team has major weaknesses that still need addressing, that doesn't totally absolve Ole of any blame for our inconsistent form however you do have to factor in the difference between the squad in first place and second place. We have holes at DM, RW, CB and major question marks on our forwards.
Let them have one. Meanwhile the rest of us can get on with enjoying supporting the club.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

Why can't we wait till the season has finished? 2nd and EL would be an extension, anything else, review it next January and if there hasn't been progress by then, let him go. Instead of preparing yourself for another huge sacking fee.

Siorac

I hope the papers got it wrong but it's typical United, unfortunately.

Why are we even talking about extending his contract now? Assess him in the summer, or better yet, next January. Why the hurry? It's just shaping up to be yet another expensive mistake.

The rumoured 30% payrise is just icing on the cake, really.

RUCK4444

Honestly some of you must have been watching a different team this season, feck me :lol:

We haven’t exactly been prime Barcelona but we’ve also not been West Brom level like some of you are making out.

I mean we’ve outscored everyone apart from City haven’t we? Who happen to be the only team in front of us.

You guys kill me.

Chairman Steve

This is a weird time to undertake these kinds of talks but there better be some reason why it’s been done like potential new transfers getting assurances before moving in the summer, like I’ve said in this thread before.

Either way next season, I’m not accepting ‘transition’ or ‘rebuild’ as excuses, especially if he gets his big money signings.

Siorac

there better be some reason why it’s been done like potential new transfers getting assurances before moving in the summer, like I’ve said in this thread before.
The thing is, potential transfers are only relevant if they'd come here specifically because of Solskjaer, if his person were a crucial factor in their decision. And, well, I can see that with a Guardiola but... you know...

Otherwise, potential signings don't really come in to the equation: if managerial stability were a concern, Chelsea or Real Madrid could never sign players and yet they do so, all the time.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Honestly some of you must have been watching a different team this season, feck me :lol:

We haven’t exactly been prime Barcelona but we’ve also not been West Brom level like some of you are making out.

I mean we’ve outscored everyone apart from City haven’t we? Who happen to be the only team in front of us.

You guys kill me.
6-1, beaten by Basaksehir, beaten in another big clash vs Leipzig, rapidly gotten yourself out of a title race, kicked out of the FA Cup by Leicester, won just 4 top matches nationally vs Arsenal (2), City (3), Chelsea(2), Liverpool(2), Tottenham(1), Everton(3), Leicester(3) (16 matches), very poor brand of football, regression of De Gea/Henderson, Matic, Fred, Martial, Greenwood etc. He could have easily been sacked despite the 2nd place one point ahead of Leicester. But United is no Real/Bayern/Barcelona/Chelsea, which might be a good thing but speaks of the ambition at the club.

laughtersassassin

If Ole gets this new contract and we don't win the EL then can we all agree it's trophy or bust next year?

Regardless of the summer he has to win a trophy.

Manchester United cannot go 5 years without a trophy. Not while we are insisting we have improved so much.

EL this year or one of the cups next year.

RUCK4444

This is a weird time to undertake these kinds of talks but there better be some reason why it’s been done like potential new transfers getting assurances before moving in the summer, like I’ve said in this thread before.

Either way next season, I’m not accepting ‘transition’ or ‘rebuild’ as excuses, especially if he gets his big money signings.
On the timing of this, we have to have a settled manager and team in order to push for a title.

On the bolded, I don't believe anybody would be happy with that. Speaking for myself, as somebody who has backed Ole, I wouldn't accept that.

Next season is the make or break season for Ole. Everybody's expectation will be different, for me, I would want to see us mount a real challenge for the title and a strong outing in the CL. Again, as I've posted before, cups I'm not too fussed about, if we get one it's a bonus.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

This. But you know, its much more fun to throw a hissy fit

Also, what the feck are our alternatives? Nagelsmann? Just to be clear, he really impresses me, but its a big fecking leap from Leipizig to Man Utd and when the day comes that Ole leaves i would really like him to take over.

Eriku

6-1, beaten by Basaksehir, beaten in another big clash vs Leipzig, rapidly gotten yourself out of a title race, kicked out of the FA Cup by Leicester, won just 4 top matches nationally vs Arsenal (2), City (3), Chelsea(2), Liverpool(2), Tottenham(1), Everton(3), Leicester(3) (16 matches), very poor brand of football, regression of De Gea/Henderson, Matic, Fred, Martial, Greenwood etc. He could have easily been sacked despite the 2nd place one point ahead of Leicester. But United is no Real/Bayern/Barcelona/Chelsea, which might be a good thing but speaks of the ambition at the club.
We’re no Chelsea alright, we’re ahead of them.

And Fred, regressed? He’s had a shit period of late, but to say he’s regressed under Ole is absolute horseshite. Martial had a storming season last year, Greenwood is having a tough second season (unheard of)

You’re laying out a weird case.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's funny the meltdown here when stories like this appear. I'm amazed that people who follow us closely have convinced themselves there is a good chance we'll be changing manager in the summer instead.

RUCK4444

Yeah so all you've done there is list every single poor result and bang the 'negative football' drum which I disagree with. Also the players your saying have regressed is nonsense, they've actually directly improved in there time under Ole.

I've already touched on why I think we are inconsistent, we go from great and then our form dips. That said our away record has been outstanding and second in the league whilst out-scoring almost every team indicates we are nowhere near as bad as you make out.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Now do it for all of the other clubs apart from City.

Marcus

Didn't hurt when he was interim manager though. Remember the winning streak?

Remember the geese

Why is everyone so negative on here all the time? Ole is doing a good job. He took over at a time where squad morale was at an all time low. We were 6th and 11 points off 4th. Since then he has cleared much of the deadwood and we are 2nd, 6 points above 4th. We got knocked out at the Semi Final stage of the league cup to a better side, two years running. We are undefeated away from home in the Premier League for over a year. We are the second highest scorers in the league this season. Maybe if we had a Champions League group as comfortable as Chelsea's or City's we would still be in that competition too. As it is, we have every chance of winning the Europa League. We are still not the finished article but until all signs of progress have been diminished, Ole will rightfully be backed. Why is that so illogical? If Ole can't take us to the top, then ultimately he will be sacked.

Reactions: Ødegaard

Skåre Willoch

Of your 95 posts on this forum, about 85 of them is about how shit our manager is, and how good Ajax/dutch talents are.
I'm sure there's a dutch football forum somewhere, where you don't even have to let the negativity of Ole's tenure take up so much of your time and energy.