g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Solskjaer's contract

red4ever 79

Never has a game better summed up why he shouldn't have got the job on a permanent basis and certainly shouldn't get a new contract, yes he was totally the right person to bring harmony to the dressing room and put smiles back on faces but it should have ended there in summer 2019.
Fully agree. Ole has brought stability and harmony to the club. He has risen morale after Jose tried to destroy it. He has helped offload some players who were not good enough. He has brought some good players, but some not so good.

However, if we want to win trophies moving forwards and really compete for the title then Ole is not going to be the manager to deliver on that. I suspect he has taken us as far as he is going to. The tactics are poor, performances are not great, the summer transfer window last year was shambolic. His lack of rotation in the squad is amateur.

However, knowing Ed and the glazers another 3 year deal beckons. I think we have found our level now.

Mainoldo

The Leicester game was disappointing in results and performance. It has been made clear that, beyond the starting eleven, the quality is lacking. Solskjaer has been building a squad that isn't the best in the league only beacuase of the gigantic and unethical spending of City. He should be allowed to continue his excellent work and progress further.
If he had City’s squad he’d do exactly what he’s done to ours. Not use them and wonder why the don’t perform when used.

GueRed

Ole has some REAL hard selling to do to attract the likes of Haaland to the club.

This isnt the 90's anymore. We cant lure them in with guaranteed medals/trophies etc.

Hackman2210

I think this summer is time to move on from Ole - if he can win the EL then at least he can go out with a trophy. I think hes done a great job of steadying the ship he's worked the squad in terms of clearing out - I expect Pogba, Mata, Matic, Cavani, Martial and possibly De gea to go in the summer. Linguard and Dalot to return, garner and pellestri back from loans. We'll certainly be in a better position financially for whoever takes over the reins. We are 2nd on the league but look at the vlaue of the squad - we should be 2nd with a lot more points. £75mil for Maguire and Leicester bought Soyancu, fofana and evans for less than that. Where is the scouting at Man Utd!! I mean for christs sake - surely we should invest heavily in this area. Added to that when we get these players lets play them or loan them - rather just panic sell and watch them perform at other clubs. (I appreciate we may now be doing this but we are a few years late to the party). Anyway Ole - thanks for everything you've done, brilliant achievement winning the EL but we are moving in a different direction.

croadyman

I think this summer is time to move on from Ole - if he can win the EL then at least he can go out with a trophy. I think hes done a great job of steadying the ship he's worked the squad in terms of clearing out - I expect Pogba, Mata, Matic, Cavani, Martial and possibly De gea to go in the summer. Linguard and Dalot to return, garner and pellestri back from loans. We'll certainly be in a better position financially for whoever takes over the reins. We are 2nd on the league but look at the vlaue of the squad - we should be 2nd with a lot more points. £75mil for Maguire and Leicester bought Soyancu, fofana and evans for less than that. Where is the scouting at Man Utd!! I mean for christs sake - surely we should invest heavily in this area. Added to that when we get these players lets play them or loan them - rather just panic sell and watch them perform at other clubs. (I appreciate we may now be doing this but we are a few years late to the party). Anyway Ole - thanks for everything you've done, brilliant achievement winning the EL but we are moving in a different direction.
He will stay on whatever happens with the Europa League because like we have all said thousands of times before all these yankee scumbag owners care about is the Champions League money and that will always be enough for them. People can criticise this as much as they like but Ole is cheap as chips to keep on and his happy smiley personality will buy him all the time he needs wherever we finish.

Tbh we easily have the third best team in the League if not the second going on squad depth when they are all fit.

United points wise for the squad we have right now are underachieving both in Europe and in the league for consistency.

Not that the league matters this season because let’s face it City are better and stronger than we are ever likely to be in the foreseeable future if ever.

You would expect us to get a really good points total next season for sure though. Essentially 85 point plus to know we are going places.

I doubt that will happen personally but it’s really our minimum aim next year.
It’s very similar to Frank Lampard, not many people were criticising him before he got sacked. Consensus was he finished 4th last year despite spending no money, this year was an up and down season new players needed time to settle or were not good enough or in general he had a very young team that needed time.

You’re correct, we have a very good squad, people often forget it or use the excuse of needed a player in one/two position as an excuse. Plus most of our players have been playing together for other a year. This is about as good the current manager can get us playing new players will just have more better moments or get discarded because he doesn’t know how use them (watch Donny progress if he leaves) . Next year other teams will improve organically, and some will improve organically and with signings. Will our players be better motivated, better coached, have a better style of player etc ?

Raveneye

It’s very similar to Frank Lampard, not many people were criticising him before he got sacked. Consensus was he finished 4th last year despite spending no money, this year was an up and down season new players needed time to settle or were not good enough or in general he had a very young team that needed time.

You’re correct, we have a very good squad, people often forget it or use the excuse of needed a player in one/two position as an excuse. Plus most of our players have been playing together for other a year. This is about as good the current manager can get us playing new players will just have more better moments or get discarded because he doesn’t know how use them (watch Donny progress if he leaves) . Next year other teams will improve organically, and some will improve organically and with signings. Will our players be better motivated, better coached, have a better style of player etc ?
Frank Lampard lost the dressing room but enjoyed greater loyalty from the fans.

Solksjaer on the other hand is vilified by huge sections of the fan base and has the squad playing their hearts out for him.

Solksjaer on the other hand is vilified by huge sections of the fan base and has the squad playing their hearts out for him.
Or it’s arguable that Frank Lampard just lacked the ability to get the best out of what he had. No shame in that...

I wouldn’t say Ole is vilified, thinking his the wrong person or has taken us as far as he can is not vilifying him it’s just an assessment of him as a manager.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

I think you’re mixing up the online fan base with the match going fans who are far more impactful had they been inside the stadium twice a week.

copen1945

If he had City’s squad he’d do exactly what he’s done to ours. Not use them and wonder why the don’t perform when used.
He isn't a micro-manager when the trend is that all important teams, except Real, have coaches with penchant for micro-management. He is especially suited, though, with the current set of players at United. It is a cliche, but they seem able to express themselves under his tutelage.

Mainoldo

He isn't a micro-manager when the trend is that all important teams, except Real, have coaches with penchant for micro-management. He is especially suited, though, with the current set of players at United. It is a cliche, but they seem able to express themselves under his tutelage.
Well he needs to be because these players don’t seem to be able to manage a game out or know when not to give a player a football surrounded by 3 men and nowhere to go.

passing-wind

Depends largely on what the glazers expect. If they demand a trophy I would give Ole a years extension on the basis of winning something. If it's to loiter around the top four with no real expectation of anything meaningful I think 2 years is realistic. The fact that if we lose league form Solskjaer could still be sacked is a reason I cannot see him getting anywhere near 36 months.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
The Glazers will never sack Ole if they can avoid it, they've got just the man they want someone who will never talk up against them to the press or make a fuss about not being backed, the only way they would sack him would be if he lost the dressing room or if the majority of the fanbase turned against him.
Ole is in roughly the same spot Jose was the summer before he was sacked. Second in the league but playing bad football and a large portion of the fan base not sure. Then Jose wasn't backed, and he sabotaged the team to get sacked, difference is if Ole isnt backed I dont think he will react.

Giggsy13

Unless there’s a massive collapse in the league and we fall out of top 4, Ole is 100% coming back next season.

Raveneye

I think you’re mixing up the online fan base with the match going fans who are far more impactful had they been inside the stadium twice a week.
Since I said "huge section" and not "all" I fail to see why our statements are mutually exclusive.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

You confuse a loud minority with a 'huge section' of the fanbase.

Mainoldo

You confuse a loud minority with a 'huge section' of the fanbase.
Manchester United are a global club. I mean global... way bigger than Chelsea and just London. So you might want to check what is a loud minority.

The Match going fans argument was also used during the Moyes era... do people really think the views of 75000 will be completely exclusive to the rest of the fan base or that, even more ridiculously, 75000 inside OT will each have the same opinion regarding the manager?

Leftback99

Manchester United are a global club. I mean global... way bigger than Chelsea and just London. So you might want to check what is a loud minority.
Only have to look at the % of posts you make (all negative) to know.

Mainoldo

Only have to look at the % of posts you make (all negative) to know.
Thanks.. what’s that got to do with your blinkered original comment?

It’s not a minority it’s pretty 50:50. More people support United except for you cousin and mate round the corner.

The Match going fans argument was also used during the Moyes era... do people really think the views of 75000 will be completely exclusive to the rest of the fan base or that, even more ridiculously, 75000 inside OT will each have the same opinion regarding the manager?

Here’s a thought. The opinion of match going fans will vary. And statistically if racked was questioned would look similar to here

Leftback99

Thanks.. what’s that got to do with your blinkered original comment?

It’s not a minority it’s pretty 50:50. More people support United except for you cousin and mate round the corner.
You seriously believe 50% of all fans think Solskjaer should be sacked?

hobbers

My impression at the time was that probably a majority of match going fans knew Moyes' tenure was a doomed shit show after the Liverpool and City defeats, but the SE was still largely living in cuckoo land and stayed pro-Moyes pretty much until he was sacked.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
On the caf it’s 90-10 in favour of him staying. In the general fanbase I’d say it’s 50-50 yes. #OleOut regularly trends on twitter. Living in the city I’ve noticed younger fans teens/20/30s want him out, older fans 40+ want him in.

The caf is very much an exception to the overall fanbase. Lots of fans want him out.

Mainoldo

World wide yes. If they never they wouldn’t be so much quick uproar when he losses a game.

We are second in the league and a chance of winning a trophy. But things are still airy.

Leftback99

On the caf it’s 90-10 in favour of him staying. In the general fanbase I’d say it’s 50-50 yes. #OleOut regularly trends on twitter. Living in the city I’ve noticed younger fans teens/20/30s want him out, older fans 40+ want him in.
Oh well if OleOut trends on twitter from the likes of you after every dropped point that's conclusive then.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

World wide yes. If they never they wouldn’t be so much quick uproar when he losses a game.

We are second in the league and a chance of winning a trophy. But things are still airy.
A lot of people on here seem to live in a bit of a bubble when it comes to Ole. If I had to estimate I’d actually say a slight majority of fans want him out.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Oh well if OleOut trends on twitter from the likes of you after every dropped point that's conclusive then.
Whatever mate, but he’s not a popular manager. I live in Manchester. I know shit loads of United fans. More want him out than want him in.

I’ll tell you one thing, all my City supporting mates are “Ole in” to me that says it all...

Leftback99

Again confusing uproar from a loud minority after a loss with what the majority think.

Like uproar about losses never existed before Ole.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think it's pretty certain he'll get a new deal before the end of this season. Wonder if it will be a fresh 3 year deal with some tidbit about challenging for the title within two years or if it will be more vague than that.

Mainoldo

A lot of people on here seem to live in a bit of a bubble when it comes to Ole. If I had to estimate I’d actually say a slight majority of fans want him out.
Probably.. even the big YouTube channels want him out but they just can’t officially say it as it’s bad for the brand.

What normally happens is when the manager finally gets sacked everyone can pretend it was time for them to go just right at that moment or rewrite history like the Cafe do with David Moyes.

I was here it was 60:40 for him to stay.

Mainoldo

Again confusing uproar from a loud minority after a loss with what the majority think.

Its over the net, how can typing be loud? Again it’s just more satisfying for yourself to pretend it doesn’t exist. Why? I don’t know. You can answer that.

But if he wasn’t given a new contract I doubt there would be a big silent uproar from the majority who want him in.

Leftback99

Its over the net, how can typing be loud? Again it’s just more satisfying for yourself to pretend it doesn’t exist. Why? I don’t know. You can answer that.

But if he wasn’t given a new contract I doubt there would be a big silent uproar from the majority who want him in.
Think about it, it's simple really. When we win does anyone need to start an #Olein on twitter? No, because there's no such thing as 'Olein' for those that are happy with progress, he's just doing his job. Also after a win the '#Oleout' is silent, strange that.

Mainoldo

Think about it, it's simple really. When we win does anyone need to start an #Olein on twitter? No, because there's no such thing as 'Olein' for those that are happy with progress, he's just doing his job. Also after a win the '#Oleout' is silent, strange that.
I’m sold. Give him a 3 year deal. We are going places. Only manager not to win a trophy :lol:

It’s not hard to see what’s going on. The PR is amazing.

We can discuss it next year as he continues to produce hot and cold form ruing more bench players and burning out more first teamers.

Don’t let Ed Woodward win in turning us into the new Arsenal.

Skåre Willoch

Whatever mate, but he’s not a popular manager. I live in Manchester. I know shit loads of United fans. More want him out than want him in.

I’ll tell you one thing, all my City supporting mates are “Ole in” to me that says it all...
I know shit loads of united fans. Most want him to stay. All my City supporting mates wants him gone. That makes my opinion true.

Also #olein is trending on Pinterest when we win, so according to my research I think it’s like 60/40 in favor of Ole staying.

Am I doing it right?

Leftback99

I’m sold. Give him a 3 year deal. We are going places. Only manager not to win a trophy :lol:

It’s not hard to see what’s going on. The PR is amazing.

We can discuss it next year as he continues to produce hot and cold form ruing more bench players and burning out more first teamers.

Don’t let Ed Woodward win in turning us into the new Arsenal.
Strange tangent.

Whoever is manager we'll be discussing the same thing if we have the same hot and cold players, I've no doubt about it.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I know shit loads of united fans. Most want him to stay. All my City supporting mates wants him gone. That makes my opinion true.

Also #olein is trending on Pinterest when we win, so according to my research I think it’s like 60/40 in favor of Ole staying.

Am I doing it right?
Pinterest? :confused:

Mainoldo

Strange tangent.

Whoever is manager we'll be discussing the same thing if we have the same hot and cold players, I've no doubt about it.
Okay so basically your that guy. It doesn’t matter who the manager is the board will fail them. So better have a manager you like who looks happy even when we win.

I understand. Each fan is different I suppose. I can’t tell you how to deal with pain.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Have you got access to some top secret worldwide (or even UK) Man Utd fan polling data? Or are you, as I suspect, pulling these statements out of your behind?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Am I doing it right?
No City fans want Ole gone. They want him given a lifetime contract.

Other than sentimental United fans, nobody rates Ole as a manager. City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal etc fans unanimously want him to stay.