Solskjaer's legacy and his future

el3mel

So Bruno was the best player in the league for the first season and a half after Ole signed him, but now his current run of crap form is all on Ole too:houllier:
No, it's because we have a player on our hand that is absolute shit in every big or critical game and is only good against midtable clubs and when he gets ton of penalties to score. Ole left us with a key player that has these problems - which there were actually signs of it before this season anyway -.

That's the squad Ole left us with us to build our future upon.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ole really fecked us up. Poor transfers, shit management, allowed player power, did not do anything about player fitness.
The club has been a mess for 9 years not just 3. Ole didn't cause this mess. He came into a mess if people are prepared to put their agendas aside for a second and think back.

This is all down to the board and owners.

el3mel

The club has been a mess for 9 years not just 3. Ole didn't cause this mess. He came into a mess if people are prepared to put their agendas aside for a second and think back.

Well, same can be applied for Ralf then, whom you have been slaughtering for some time now.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

He’s contributed big time to the mess. Spending that much money on average players, making Maguire captain, not getting in better coaches, allowing players to do whatever the feck they want.

AndySmith1990

He came in to a mess and created more mess.

AFC NimbleThumb

He prolonged it though. He came into a mess & left it a mess, so what did he do exactly?

KeanoMagicHat

Actually is the Anti Ole fanboys that brought this back up.
Yep, it was bumped for no good reason at all.

Ole inners resorting to jokes to try and defend the attitude/disposition of the team he left behind, the £130 million defensive pairing, the captain, the lack of any fitness or tactical discipline in the squad.

He came second once because Klopp was having an off cycle. He lost so many important games to inferior teams. He achieved nothing.

Bleating on about his second place finish doesn’t defend or excuse the damage he has done. He has contributed massively to the club’s current situation and his appointment and lengthy reign wouldn’t have happened at any other big club.
"Ole inners", you just have to laugh, like it's some sort of political or culture war. He's already sacked, there's nobody here even close to suggesting they want him here instead of Ten Hag.

Ralph1386

So Bruno was the best player in the league for the first season and a half after Ole signed him, but now his current run of crap form is all on Ole too:houllier:
His current run of crap form started under Ole, as with most of our players’ bad form ie. Rashford, Maguire, Shaw etc…

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Well, same can be applied for Ralf then, whom you have been slaughtering for some time now.
I agree. I don't blame Ralf for the mess we find ourselves in even if I don't think he's a good manager either. Both can be true you know.

Idxomer

Of course he wasn't. Only deluded United fans thought that.

R'hllor

He really did a number on this club/squad and on some drones that still flying around having drivel broadcast on a loop.

Edit: Oh and the win % that you desperately waving with without context, is a big of importance as mentioning league positions on a loop.

Kag

Ole did a reasonable job for a good period of time. It all came crashing down, and he had to go in the end, but we let him down in the market last summer in pursuit of vanity and money-making.

He was also working miracles from a player management point of view. I never bought into the downing tools narratives in the past. I honestly thought the players put in the graft in spite of the managers we had. But this lot… pathetic and spineless and now have nowhere to hide.

The players must have fecking loved Ole. Whipping boy.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Yep, it was bumped for no good reason at all.

"Ole inners", you just have to laugh, like it's some sort of political or culture war. He's already sacked, there's nobody here even close to suggesting they want him here instead of Ten Hag.
No, but unfortunately there are still people that feel the need to defend their staunch support of him and it’s blinding them to the damage he caused.

It was a massive mistake and a club like United can’t be allowed to repeat it. Lessons need to be learned. He wasn’t just a victim of circumstance. He made terrible decisions and introduced a horrible mentality that the club could be lumbered with for years.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Solskjaer has probably done more damage to this club than any other manager in the last 40 years.
no arguments.

But first we need to blame the clown who gave him a 3 year contract by just looking at the league table.
The total feck up of how we went out of the CL and losing the UEFA Final were huge red flags which came up again with his loss to Young Boys.

Ralph1386

Ole inners resorting to jokes to try and defend the attitude/disposition of the team he left behind, the £130 million defensive pairing, the captain, the lack of any fitness or tactical discipline in the squad.

He came second once because Klopp was having an off cycle. He lost so many important games to inferior teams. He achieved nothing.

Bleating on about his second place finish doesn’t defend or excuse the damage he has done. He has contributed massively to the club’s current situation and his appointment and lengthy reign wouldn’t have happened at any other big club.
One of them just tried an industrial revolution joke.

R'hllor

Must say, some putting JM folk to shame, take a bow /respect, thought that wouldnt be possible.

Robbie Boy

No, but unfortunately there are still people that feel the need to defend their staunch support of him and it’s blinding them to the damage he caused.

It was a massive mistake and a club like United can’t be allowed to repeat it. Lessons need to be learned. He wasn’t just a victim of circumstance. He made terrible decisions and introduced a horrible mentality that the club could be lumbered with for years.
Some just can't admit they were wrong about Ole; so they keep looking for very meek rhetorics to try vindicate his tenure. I've seen some gems lately; such as saying losing to Villarreal was actually ok, because a shite Bayern shite were beaten by them. I mean....ok.

Jose and Ole divided the fanbase the most, because both had - and still do have - very fecking annoying cults. Picking any post-Fergie appointment as a hill to die on, is ludicrous. We've had a torrid 9-years and all of our post-Fergie appointments have been massive failures. We look as far away as ever from challenging again.

Crashoutcassius

Close this thread. Oles crazy fanbois are back and rewriting history
i see people say this all the time... but is ole critics that bump these threads constantly because they feel the need to revisit their view that 'any competent coach' would improve the team with a fresh batch of conspiracies to explain why we have gotten much worse post ole

Robbie Boy

i see people say this all the time... but is ole critics that bump these threads constantly because they feel the need to revisit their view that 'any competent coach' would improve the team with a fresh batch of conspiracies to explain why we have gotten much worse post ole
He's spot on tbf. The pro-Ole fawning has started again recently because Ralf has been wank and Villarreal knocked Bayern out of the CL :lol:

Crashoutcassius

He's spot on tbf. The pro-Ole fawning has started again recently because Ralf has been wank and Villarreal knocked Bayern out of the CL :lol:
but its not typically who bumps these threads. it is usually in response to the bumpers, who change their narrative daily and get closer and closer to conspiracy the longer it goes on. It really is laughable, and has been for months. all of these threads should be shut and maybe we can discuss ralfs performance honestly 6 months after ole has left the club

Robbie Boy

but its not typically who bumps these threads. it is usually in response to the bumpers, who change their narrative daily and get closer and closer to conspiracy the longer it goes on. It really is laughable, and has been for months. all of these threads should be shut and maybe we can discuss ralfs performance honestly 6 months after ole has left the club
Nah, there's two groups very much at play here and always has been. Ole, like Jose, has built up this weird cult. I find it beyond odd that anyone would fanboy over any post-Fergie appointment. It's been a truly hideous time for the club.

Zen86

Nah, there's two groups very much at play here and always has been. Ole, like Jose, has built up this weird cult. I find it beyond odd that anyone would fanboy over any post-Fergie appointment. It's been a truly hideous time for the club.
Is this Ole cult saying he shouldn’t have been sacked?

MUnchies

I don’t understand how so many people are putting a lot of the blame on him. He had no power to change ANYTHING. He couldn’t sell or buy players to improve the squad, all he was brought in to do is improve the shit show before.

Atleast Ole inherited a team although shit were drilled defensively by Mourinho and that surely benefited Ole during his first few games. Ralf literally had to teach these players basically how to pass a ball again because for three years there was no technical training just vibes.

Ole has done the worse damage to this team more than any other manager post Sir Alex. He gave contract extension to poor players who barely contribute (Jones, Mata, Grant, Matic etc) like he was Father Christmas giving out presents, bought expensive flops in Maguire, Bissaka, James.

Zen86

The ones that will do anything to paint his tenure as some sort of success or, feel the need to fanatically defend any critique. Odd people.
I haven’t seen anyone saying he was a success or that he shouldn’t have been sacked. However, I do see a lot of people pointing the finger solely at him and ignoring the quite clearly incompetent management we have in place right now.

Robbie Boy

I haven’t seen anyone saying he was a success or that he shouldn’t have been sacked. However, I do see a lot of people pointing the finger solely at him and ignoring the quite clearly incompetent management we have in place right now.
I see a-lot of people absolving him of a hell of a lot of the blame, and trying to blame other factors. I also see a-lot of people trying to paint his tenure as some sort of semi-success and they just keep repeating EL Final, semi finals, second place etc.

Each to their own, but my verdict is that every single post-Fergie appointment was a fecking disaster. Anyone who feels the need to fanboy over any particular appointee, is just really arguing over who was the least shite.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Its not a conspiracy. Ralf is doing a terrible firefighting job, but we have a large portion of supporters who refuse to accept that it was Ole who stoked the flames.

We haven’t gotten any worse, it was Ole who guided us to this point.

Everybody makes mistakes in predictions and opinions on football. There should be no pride involved in just backing down and admitting when we are wrong about something. There were times when I really wanted to believe.

Its one thing trying to convince the forum about what he was building and that it was all coming together (even when it was done in such a condescending way), but it’s quite another to see how he has left us and still defend his time in charge.

Thats the only laughable part, and it’s incredibly frustrating to read. He was a disaster and the proof is overwhelming.

Zen86

I see a-lot of people absolving him of a hell of a lot of the blame, and trying to blame other factors. I also see a-lot of people trying to paint his tenure as some sort of semi-success and they just keep repeating EL Final, semi finals, second place etc.

Each to their own, but my verdict is that every single post-Fergie appointment was a fecking disaster. Anyone who feels the need to fanboy over any particular appointee, is just really arguing over who was the least shite.
In fairness, EL Final, semi final and second place look fecking rosy right now. But yes, it’s all been one long shit show since the moment Fergie retired. It’s just odd that this guy, probably the worst of the lot, is seen as doing us some sort of favour in pulling us further into the abyss.

lex talionis

Now that Ole has been in the rear view mirror for a while my view of his legacy is that he got the squad out of the hellhole Jose left it but was unable to summon the ruthlessness required of a manager to push a squad from good to great.

That we went from good to horrifying is partly on Ole, partly on club management and partly on the underperforming players themselves.

Many of us said it at the time but it's worth repeating -- we should have let Ole go after the EL final (hard to believe we were in a cup final last season) last season.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Its not a conspiracy. Ralf is doing a terrible firefighting job, but we have a large portion of supporters who refuse to accept that it was Ole who stoked the flames.

We haven’t gotten any worse, it was Ole who guided us to this point.

Everybody makes mistakes in predictions and opinions on football. There should be no pride involved in just backing down and admitting when we are wrong about something. There were times when I really wanted to believe.

Its one thing trying to convince the forum about what he was building and that it was all coming together (even when it was done in such a condescending way), but it’s quite another to see how he has left us and still defend his time in charge.

Thats the only laughable part, and it’s incredibly frustrating to read. He was a disaster and the proof is overwhelming.
Ole is gone 6 months.

There has been 1 transfer window. We did nothing and signed nobody.

We have since bumped up Bruno wages and made him unsellable if his poor form continues.

The Greenwood issue has also messed up our attack.

We have promoted zero young players in 6 months. We fecked up the Laird situation by taking him away from Swansea where he was playing regularly. We sent Diallo to Rangers and he has barely kicked a ball.

Are we just going to blame Ole forever?

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
In fairness, EL Final, semi final and second place look fecking rosy right now. But yes, it’s all been one long shit show since the moment Fergie retired. It’s just odd that this guy, probably the worst of the lot, is seen as doing us some sort of favour in pulling us further into the abyss.
Rangnick has been dire - we can say it's not his fault, it's Ole's fault. We can then say it's not Ole's fault, it was Jose's fault. And of course, it wasn't Jose's fault but LVG's, and he can blame David Moyes.

Or we can say it was actually Fergie's fault for choosing a manager who had never won anything but had made Everton look good. We should have gone for a top manager to replace Fergie, end of.

At least under Ole we had some decent runs, and at times played the kind of football we should be playing but the blame has to be shared between Fergie, the Glazers, Woodward, and feckin' Martin Edwards.

Robbie Boy

Well; EL win, LC win, best points total finish post-Fergie, sounds rosier. But we all know Jose's tenure was an absolute shit-show, for the most part. I don't think any of our post-Fergie appointments deserve any respect for the jobs they done, as they all massively failed. I also don't think any deserve to have their tenures painted as any sort of success, as none were remotely successful.

Ole the player; awesome. Ole the manager; abject failure. I also think he should be judged as a Manchester United manager and held to those standards. I've seen some baffling rhetorics suggesting he should get some leeway as he was inexperienced compared to Moyes; LvG and Jose. I mean, that's just fecking ludicrous. He wasn't some intern we hired to learn his trade. Fact is, it was ridiculous to hire him on a permanent basis, but we did and it's time to move on from that.

And yes, Ralf has been terrible too.