Some questions from a Bayern Munich forum

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Ahead of next weeks game against Bayern Munich, a moderator from fan forum BayernForum has messaged me with the following questions to post on here. If any of you could answer them, it'd be appreciated, thanks.

1. Do you think that the difference between the two teams is bigger than in any previous encounter between the two teams?

2. What tactics and approach do you feel gives your team the best chance of defeating Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals?

3. Which key battle do you think united has a chance of winning and why? Fullback vs Winger? Winger vs Fullback? CM vs CM's? Strikers vs CB?

4. Which particular player from Bayern Munich you fear the most? And if you could choose, which player would you take from our team?

5. If Moyes uses all defensive tactics such as parking the bus in front of the goalie, United fans can cope with it?

6. Is Moyes to blame for the bad Premier League campaign or are the players just not good enough anymore?

7. Could David Moyes be sacked after April 9? or will he be given more time?

8. Would you say that SAF is also responsible for your troubles this season?

9. Which do you think is the strongest league nowadays between the Bundesliga and the Premier League?

10. What is your opinion on FC Bayern Munich as a club and as a team?
1) Pretty much. Bayern are the strongest I can ever remember and look like they could become the next great team. We on the other hand after a few squad issues, are playing some of the worst football in a long time and have a manager way out of his depth. It's not going to be pretty.

2) It's hard to say. We don't seem to have the discipline and focus to park the bus effectively and there is really only Welbeck and Rooney, and I suppose Januzaj who have the pace to play on the counter. We could press high and go at Bayern, which seem to be the best way to play them but we won't be able to keep up and our midfield lacks mobility. If I had a choice I'd go for the latter. Better to have a period of the game where we look like we could threaten rather than be so tame throughout.

3) Depending on who's your rightback, and who plays on our left wing, we could see some joy there. Especially if it's Welbeck vs Rafinha. Rooney could do well too against your centre backs if hungry in form Rooney turns up and we manage to give him the ball.

4) Robben simply because he's going to be up against Butner. As for which player I'd take, either Kroos or Thiago. They are the sort of player we really could use in midfield.

5) Yeah, probably. A lot of fans have seem to have gotten used to us being so poor that expectations have gotten pretty low.

6) There are problems with our team and some players have performed badly but Moyes is the biggest problem. It's his tactics, his poor selections, his negativity. There are plenty of managers who could take over the same group of players and get so much more out of them because ultimately this isn't a bad team, certainly better than the majority of teams in our league. It's understandable if a few players have bad patches of form throughout a season but for pretty much every player, some of them world class talents, to all be playing badly only points to the manager being the main problem.

7) We live in hope. If Moyes were to be sacked, it would most likely be at the end of the season. There isn't really anyone currently at the club to be interim manager if Moyes were to be sacked before the end of the season, what with him replacing our coaching staff. The match going fans have started to turn on him and no longer sing his name and with the matches against you guys likely to end in hammerings it's going to get worse. All this might be enough for the board to consider his position but there is a real worry that the club want to cling to some weird romantic and deluded notion that all Moyes needs is time. That and a 100m warchest.

8) No not really. He left plenty of good young players who can be the backbone of the club for years to come and the major flaws of the teams weren't so grave that they couldn't be sorted out in a single transfer window. The team that was left was still good enough to perform a lot better than we have been doing.

9) The premier league. As good as Bayern are, they shouldn't be winning the league so comfortably. The lack of quality competition and being able to sign the best players of your closest rival in recent season, isn't healthy at all for the league. That said, financially the bundesliga is a dream and should be the goal for most leagues around Europe, especially the Premier League.

10) One of the traditional European superpowers along with Barca, Real, Man United, Liverpool, AC Milan, Ajax etc. I like to see them as a mirror to United in terms of history and tradition as well producing young talent(though English talent is pretty lacking these days). I have a great respect for Bayern Munich.

mufcwarm92

They're going to hammer us. The gap is massive.

But tell them we like Kroos. We like Kroos very much.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
1. Do you think that the difference between the two teams is bigger than in any previous encounter between the two teams?
I believe their is a much bigger difference this time around, mostly because of both teams managerial appointment. Bayern's has a manager in Pep who has been to the finals of Europe, has many achievements and a working philosophy that is efficient and hard to play against. While Manchester United's manager, in moyes is currently struggling to find a identity with no noted achievement at Everton beside showing consistence with a mid tier club.

2. What tactics and approach do you feel gives your team the best chance of defeating Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals?
This is my favorite question. United can beat Bayern if we do not play conservative football. We are currently very weak in our midfield and defense, but a good tactical plan can make even the smallest of team put of a fight against tougher opposition.
United will have to take up a high pressing, but caution attacking display that emphasizes a great amount of discipline towards our approach. In our attack, Welbeck and Rooney are assured to start. They are players alongside Jones, De Gea and Giggs that are capable of performing on the big stage and will be vital to our success in this game. In my own opinion, for us to win we do not have to outplay Bayern on the pitch, we just have to be alot more hardworking and passionate to get through. The lineup I would go for is:

--------------------De Gea--------------
Rafael----------???------???----------Büttner
-------------Jones----giggs/Carrick-----
------Nani/Giggs---welbeck--kagawa-------
------------------Rooney------------

With Welbeck, Kagawa and Rooney alternating in the cam/lam/st role dependant on how the game is progressing and which players attribute would be much better suited to play this role. Even though your Bayern team is different from a few years ago, Kagawa was a key component to Dortmund winning against Bayern in the German Cup. So, his inclusion would be based on trying to emulate such performance and helping us keep the ball better in midfield. The rest would take to long to explain.

3. Which key battle do you think united has a chance of winning and why? Fullback vs Winger? Winger vs Fullback? CM vs CM's? Strikers vs CB?
Striker versus center back. Welbeck pace and Rooney's positioning/movement will cause your defense a hard time. They have a good understanding when they play with each other that your defense has to be very solid to avoid any slip ups. I also think fullback versus winger because Robben and Ribery are not that proficient at tracking back. With energetic wide players capable of doing maurauding runs, their age might begin to show.

4. Which particular player from Bayern Munich you fear the most? And if you could choose, which player would you take from our team?
Hard to pick one, but if I would choose I would say Thiago. He is a complete midfielder that does everything and is very influential to your attacking football when he is selected. I am not sure if he will start though. Other than him, I will say Alaba and the obvious duo of Robben and Ribery. If I had to choose some players to come to United, I would pick Thiago and Alaba.

5. If Moyes uses all defensive tactics such as parking the bus in front of the goalie, United fans can cope with it?
I would not be able to cope with it because we will invite soo much pressure on our already weak defense and our attacking play will be limited. He should be sacked if such a tactics ends up as the catalyst to our defeat.

6. Is Moyes to blame for the bad Premier League campaign or are the players just not good enough anymore?
I believe most of the blames goes to Moyes because he has not imbued a working/efficient philosophy into this team. Moreover, he finds it hard to find the right balance when it comes to team selection. In addition, he addresses our most concerning area of the pitch by overpaying for player that has not improved it(Fellaini). Nevertheless, the latter is understandable and I still belive he needs time because I do not believe disembling a champions winning team was the first thing on his mind when he landed the job. Rather, he took a studious approach, which as result showed him how depleted the United squad is of quality.

Yes he could be sacked after April 9th. I believe how we perform against Bayern should be the deciding factor. He should be giving a chance to rebuild and improve our performance until winter if we put up a decent fight against Bayern.

No. Even though he left Moyes a depleted team that needed to be rebuilded and he has not address the weakest part of our team in years, he is no longer the manager and does not have a say towards how we play our football currently.

9. Which do you think is the strongest league nowadays between the Bundesliga and the Premier League?
Premier League

A better organized Real Madrid of Germany

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Bayern have the best squad in Europe and arguably the best manager in Europe. United on the other hand are struggling, our new Manager is on the ropes and our squad is perhaps not as good as made out in recent seasons. I think the majority of your fans will be surprised at how far we've fallen when you see us on the pitch!

We'll need to flood the midfield and play 4-5-1. Wingers will have to be defensive and we'll need to break swiftly on the counter. Our chances rest on the shoulders of Rooney, he needs to put in a World Class performance in both legs if we stand a chance of being in the tie, let alone winning.

If you keep Rooney quiet then we have no chance. He's the key man at our club.

I fear Robben the most as he tends to put in World Class performances against us every time we face him. I'd choose Mario Götze, he's a terrific player.

Honestly? No, I'd rather we came out and attacked you like we did to Real Madrid last season, no guts no glory!

I think most level headed United fans will say "a bit of both". However, it's clear to the majority of the fans that Moyes is out of his depth.

He could and I think most of us hope he will. The leg at Old Trafford will decide his fate in my opinion, if we get humbled by Bayern then I believe he'll be gone.

He was responsible for picking David Moyes.

I've watched a lot of Bundesliga this season. I enjoy watching Hoffeinheim games, Mainz have played brilliantly since January (although running out of steam) and I'm a big fan of Josip Drmic at Nurnberg! If you asked me this question last season, I'd have said Premier League. However, I now believe that the Bundesliga has better players, therefore a stronger league. I respect the approach of bringing through young players (something that PL teams do not do!), I also find it entertaining to watch. However, I believe that the Premier League is far more competitive and therefore more compelling viewing.

A true giant of European football, I admire the way the club is run and your fanbase. You don't really need Kroos though right?

Gerald G

Yes. Absolutely.

I don't think there is a tactic out there which will make us win the match. We struggle to score against top teams and we will be without Mata, van Persie and probably Smalling + Evans (who I think are our best two centre backs). No Evra for the 1st leg too.

Welbeck v Rafinha or Rooney v Boateng.

I fear Robben the most. I think he will run riot against Buttner but there are many other players I could choose. I would take Kroos. He would be perfect for our club.

I can only cope if it works. It will sadden me to see us play like this but we have been awful this season so it wouldn't surprise me.

Players and Moyes are to blame but it was mostly Moyes. These are players that won the league by 11 points last season. We have added Fellaini and Mata + Januzaj. Other teams have improved and of course some players have got worse plus some key players have been out for a while but that is no excuse to be 7th in the league. That is truly shocking.

He could be sacked but I don't think he will be unfortunately.

Not really. He recommended a manager and it hasn't turned out too well. I don't blame him.

Premier League. I think Bundesliga has the best team in the world (Bayern Munich) but I don't rate most of the other teams in the league.

Great historic club. Brilliant team at the moment.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Seriously lads - stop answering yer Bayern man's questions. He's just looking for folk to blow smoke up his arse. He's probably done the same shite with every club forum in Europe & he's most likely soiling himself while reading the responses on here... Hope you have a mental image of that scheizer :lol:

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
1. Is this a start of a Bayern dynasty or is it a few seasons' only thing
2. Will you sell us Kroos?
3. Why not?
4. Would you fear United more if Klopp was United manager?
5. Who is the next Dortmund superstar you'll sign?
6. If we were to knock you out, will Guardiola then be a failure?
7. How has the Hoeness saga impacted the club?
8. How competitive do you think the Bundesliga is compared to the Premiership?
1. We are very well set up for the future, so if there are no major feckups, I see us remaining on track for quite some years.
2. If it was up to me: If the sum offered is more than 35 million, I'd sell him in a heartbeat.
3. woop
4. Yes, simply because Moyes appears to be afraid of stronger teams and hasn't shown anything resembling a coherent gameplan or philosophy.
5. Who's left? We got what we wanted. :D
6. No. It would be a huge upset, but weirder things have happened. Defending the CL would be an amazing achievement, but since it has never been done, we shouldn't take anything for granted. Too many factors go into a 2 match tie.
7. Hard to tell yet. He'll be missed, though, no doubt about that.
8. Due to the wealth of the premier league, you probably have more "strong" teams, but the Bundesliga is more competitive in a way. Apart from Bayern this and last season, everything is very close together. So: Not as broadly competitive when it comes to the european competitions (yet!), but the league itself is much more unpredictable.

Mad Winger

- As far as I can remember: yes. We're not even close to your current level. I fully expect you to be the best team in the world for at least the next 2 or 3 years. Quite possibly longer.

- I think we have to just go for it. In other words; attack and play risky football. Sitting back and defending victories has never been our indentity as a club, and either way it's not gonna work now that the players lack confidence.

- I think that a combination of Kagawa and Rooney quite possibly can to some damage to you. Kagawa hasn't been good in the PL this season, but in the CL he's been one of our top performers. He's done well against you before, so who's to say he can't produce a little bit of magic again? Rooney and Lewandowski have a lot of similarities in my opinion. They are both excellent goalscorers and really mobile as strikers. A combo of Kagawa and Rooney is therefore pretty similar to the Kagawa + Lewandowski combo in Dortmund. That being said, the Dortmund team that took the double is miles ahead of our current team, so it's gonna be really hard for our attackers to score, seeing as we wont see much of the ball...

- I always fear Ribery and Robben. They can cause trouble for any defense.
- I'd probably take Kroos because of his age and promise. Schweinsteiger, Lahm and Ribery are my favorites, but they are all getting a bit old. Kroos is the future.

- I think we fans are desperate for some results, and the CL is our only hope. Many other teams in the CL have parked the bus in recent years, so it's not like we are "above" them. Right now, we are a very mediocre side. Parking the bus might be necessary to win. Personally, I'm against parking the bus, as I allow myself to be a bit idealistic when it comes to sports. But I'd totally understand it if we're forced to do it. We're quite clearly the inferior side in this battle, after all.

- 100% Moyes. Last season we walked the league and did well in Europe(we lost because of a ref). But now, we're pathetic. Not a single person in this world who understands football could have predicted such a massive let down. Even the biggest critics expected us to at the very least finish 4th or 5th, while doing it OK in the domestic cups.

- I unfortunately think he'll be given more time.

- Not responsible at all, and any fan who thinks that he is, can go feck himself.

- The PL is edging it, but that's only because of the money. Even the teams at the bottom of the table can afford decent players nowadays. The top is pretty even though! You are obviously the best team in the world, and none of our teams can match you. I also think that Dortmund is better than all the teams in the PL, when all their players are fit(Gündogan :(). But once you get past Bayern and Dortmund, teams start to get "weak". I don't think Leverkusen or Schalke would have made the top 4 in the PL.

- You're a club that I like and respect. Part of the reason is because I love German football culture. I have several German relatives, so I've always felt a strong connection to the country. Having said that, I do find you to be a wee bit overpowered. That's not your fault, though. Had it not been for Arab and Russian money, then I suspect we'd be just as overpowered in the PL, with the occasional challenge from Arsenal and Liverpool.

Last edited:

Tarrou

Yup

Park the bus and hope like hell

I can't see any tbh. Maybe Rooney if he gets the service.

Robben (against Evra would be bad enough, but against Buttner will be a massacre)

Kroos (my fave Bayern player is Martinez, but we are crying out for a player like Kroos)

If we win, sure. Nobody is expecting much from Moyes tactically though. We have bigger problems than worrying about how we go about losing to Bayern.

A bit of both, with some other factors too. The squad needs improvement, for sure.

It's more likely he'll be given next season. It could purely depend on whether the right replacement is available, which doesn't seem likely. I think he'll stay.

Not really. It was always going to be difficult to replace him.

The BL has the best team, no doubt, but overall the quality of the PL is better.

10. What is your opinion on FC Bayern Munich as a club and as a team?[/quote]

Great club. The current team is incredible, and it's hard to pick out one weakness at this time. Robben's still a cnut though :)

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Yes, at least in my life time. United right now are playing utter rubbish and have struggled to create any chances in recent clashes with good teams. I can see this tie being well over in the first leg.

I would say parking the bus and hoping for the best, but I can’t see us actually scoring doing this. We are far too slow going forward to actually catch teams on the counters right now and our defence I don’t think is good enough to hold out. I’d like us to at least try and get it forward quickly and get quick interchanges among a fluid front four. When we have actually done this, we have looked ok, but Moyes has rarely set the team up this way.

Rafael could potentially keep one of the wingers quite; he hasn’t been in the greatest of form recently but does generally step up and focus in the bigger games. Our strikers if given the ball could potentially cause some problems for their CB as well. Other than that I would say we will lose the rest of the battles. Key one will be the midfield, United need to at least put up some fight there to stand any chance.

I’d take any of your first team midfielders right now. The difference in class is massive between the two teams there. While Robben and Ribery I think will be the main danger men, it will be your midfield that will dominate this tie against us.
If it gets the result, yes. But if we still lose badly while playing that sort of tactic I will be very disappointed.

Moyes hasn’t been able to get any sort of system or tactics working this season. As a result the players generally look lost out on the pitch and low on confidence. While some of the blame sits with the players. There is no doubt the players have the ability to finish in the top four and not managing that is fully on moyes.

I would be happy to see him sacked then, though I’m fairly sure the board won’t get rid of him until half way through next season at the earliest.

Some of the fault lies with him over the lack of quality in midfield, but in the end Moyes had a chance to address this during the summer and his signings have failed to fix the issues SAF left him despite the funds being there, so I wouldn’t put any of the blame on fergie really.

I don’t really follow the Bundesliga close enough to comment properly and are most likely wrong, but I would guess that the premier league has a bit more depth to it with quality teams and the battle for the top. Though there is no doubt that currently the Bundesliga has the better two top teams.

While I don’t really follow any of the leagues other than the Premier league, I’ve always preferred Bayern over the big Spanish clubs. Right now I think they are probably the best team in the world, though I would like to see how they would have competed with Dortmund, if Dortmund wasn’t losing its best players every year. I do find it a bit disappointing from a neutral point of view that Bayern can buy up all its competitions best players. Though it has allowed them to build a great team that will likely go through a period of dominance in europe for the next few years.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Yes, the gulf in players is large but factoring in the management, it's gigantic.

The same as any time we play a better team over two legs. Park the bus in the first leg hoping that we get something on a counter. The only hope United have is nicking one away from home hoping that away goals can save us. In reality, Moyes will get it completely wrong and we'll get hammered. I think most United fans expect that outcome.

Rafael had Ribery pretty well under control the last time we played before Ribery got him sent off. De Gea is our only hope. He's a brilliant keeper in good form. The only player we have you could say that about. Some might say Rooney but odds are that he will be poor because of his inconsistency.

Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Thiago. Any of those midfielders will destroy ours. If I could take any player though, it would probably be Javi Martinez. Admittedly, I have no idea how he's done this season. We should have at least gone for hims when he went to Bayern. Just look at Fellaini compared to him. It's a joke. A few years ago, it would definitely have been Bastian. He's an amazing player.

I think most fans would be content with parking the bus given our awful performances. I don't expect the team to come out and try to play with Bayern because it would be a losing strategy with this manager and these players. I would be more worried if Moyes decided to go for it from the start of the first match.

Yes, he's taken a team that could perform under Sir Alex and reduced them to crap. The players have weaknesses, but Moyes is incapable of doing anything with them. He seemingly can't motivate or inspire them. His methods of training and preparation seem to have failed miserably as well, given the tumescent football the team have produced and lack of sharpness in attack. He manages the team like a small-time manager would. This team played with Real Madrid last season and outplayed them over two legs. Now, they would be thrashed. If you put Sir Alex in charge of this side, we would be in the top four fighting for the title.

He will probably be given more time, but he should be sacked. He has no business being at Manchester United.

The only thing he can be held responsible for is the lack of a midfield. He was able to manage without one for some time and it was obvious that it needed to be overhauled. Even our best midfielder is not good enough. He chose David Moyes for whatever reason, but Moyes' failure is down to Moyes. Sir Alex can't manage the team for him, no matter how much we wish he could.

Premier League. The depth of quality in the Premier League is greater than in the Bundesliga. Bayern's dominance is unquestionable in the Bundesliga and they are better than any team in England, but the top four or five teams in England are close together in quality. If United had a competent manager, it would be an even better league.

I wish United were structured like Bayern Munich in terms of ownership and operation. That should be the ideal for every football club, to be owned by fans. The financial side of Bayern is similar to United. The team is fantastic and undoubtably the best team in Europe at the moment. If David Moyes wants to aspire to play like any team, it should be Bayern and not City.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Yes, the biggest ever. When 85% of caftards thinks we will lose, and even make a joke about it, You know it's that bad. Over the years we've met, we have always have that sense of confidents of making it through (although sometimes we're not the favorites). Ask yourself this, do you feel confident looking at this match? Your confidence level is probably equal to our "not confidence levels"

With Moyes? Park the bus and cross if possible (if we get the ball) repeat ad infinitum. I can't see him not resorting to his one and trusted (albeit shit) tactics for this match, he will probably play Welbeck, Valencia (for defensive duties), smailing at RB, rafael at LB (due to Evra suspension)

Fans?

Pep. He'll see Moyes' tactics through and through and create and devise something that'll punish us and punish us good. The rest is just good player, but that one man up there can see through our hollow team and instruct his boys to penetrate us from every hole we have, kinda like that bukkake Japanese AV where the girls are penetrated from all holes...

There's not much we can do, normally I'd say go for it and loss with dignity, but it's gotten so bad that even if we step out a few yards we'd get slaughtered. It really is that bad

Yup. He's alone to blame. Our players are abit squishy mentaly without SAF, but the whole attrition is Moyes' fault from day 1, and probably SAF for picking him.

There's not a day I didnt' wish he get the sack. Could he? Probably.

Nope, the only mistakes he did was chosing the "shite one"

Bundesliga probably an exciting league to watch for a German, or if you're living in German (for all the stadiums, fans, beers, chicks?) but all and all, EPL is the most exciting (not strongest), I'd say Spain and Serie A is underrated by many, their midtable > our midtable teams (we just had that better coverage). But with all due respect, apart from Bayern and BvB, I think other Bundesliga teams are just inexperienced in Europe because they do not enter Europe on a consistent Basis (I might be wrong)

Proper club, history, fans, nothing but respect and grudge (for sending us off last few seasons ago), it's a healthy rivalry I guess. For sure I won't complain if you guys sent us out.

PS: Make it hurt, take Moyes with you.

forevrared

1. Yes.
2. Doesn't matter, we're shit.
3. Doesn't matter. we're shit.
4. All of them. All of them. Maybe not Neuer, though.
5. No, and you'll smash through our shit bus in about 6 minutes.
6. Yes.
7. God willing.
8. Yes.
9. Premier League, any league won in March is a bit shit. Bayern would piss the Premier League, though.
10. Took the proper next steps after verging on greatness.

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ahead of next weeks game against Bayern Munich, a moderator from fan forum BayernForum has messaged me with the following questions to post on here. If any of you could answer them, it'd be appreciated, thanks.

1. Its actually smaller. Moyes is better then SAF, Fellaini is better then Scholes and the likes of Rio and Vidic had aged magnificently. It also helps the fact that RVP is injured

2. It would help if Moyes would use some sort of tactics once in a while

3. Divine intervention would definitely help. Luck and Own goal could do the trick

4. These days I would take half of Bayern Munich with us. However Robben will be marked by Buttner. So enough said.

5. We've coped with many many things this year.

6. Both but mostly Moyes

7. Many hope that he will be sacked at the end of the season. It wont happen though

8. The squad he left wasn't perfect and he did backed the wrong horse for the job. If only Guardiola was Scot

9. Bayern are the strongest side of the lot. The EPL has more quality in terms of competition. I am sure the Bundersliga doesn't have a team like United at 7the place

10. Great squad, well managed. Id wish we had that at United at the moment.

Angelinho

1) Within living memory - yes

2) If we bribe your coach driver to take a wrong turning, so your team doesn't arrive, we should be ok.

3) De Gea vs Mandzukic. David has been our best and most consistent performer this season. He was brilliant for us in the Cl Quarter Final last season against Real. I expect him to be the difference between us getting beaten and being soundly thrashed.

4) With Evra suspended, Robben will destroy Buttner. He may not be your best player, but he is facing our weakest link. We are desperately short of quality in centre midfield, so Kroos would be most welcome.

5) I expect Moyes to play very cautiously. Very few supporters expect United to qualify, so losing the tie would not be damaging to him. However if United were to get thrashed, he will come under presure from the fans. I expect him to opt for damage limitation.

6) Moyes inherited a squad in which several players were past their best, and the intended replacements had yet to show they were good enough. He was also given sufficient funds to address some of the key problems. He has spent €80M on two players, one of whom is simply not good enough at this level (Fellaini) and the other (Mata) is wasted unless he plays in Rooney's position. Meanwhile the bigger problems in the squad have gone unaddressed. Winning the Premier League this season was always unlikely, but with the current squad, Moyes should still have been capable of qualifying for next year's Champions League.

7) I expect him to remain in charge for next season, regardless of what happens against Bayern. He will be given funds to spend in the summer, but if results and performances do not improve next season, it will likely be his last season in charge.

8) Ferguson presided over a period of under-investment in recruiting new players. He was a genius as a man-manager and was able to ensure that the club remained competitive. However, over time, the playing staff stagnated. We remained reliant on the likes of Scholes and Giggs for way too long. During this time, the club were making huge debt repayments on the loans taken out by the Glazers when they bought us. Ferguson's success on the pitch despite a smaller transfer budget than our nearest rivals allowed the owners the time they needed to grow the club's commercial operations to offset the debt repayments.

9) Bayern are the strongest club in the two leagues, BVB would also be competitve in the Premier League. However, the Premier League has greater strength in depth. Our huge TV deals ensures that even the smaller clubs have significant revenues.

10) The best team in the world at this moment in time, aided by an extremely efficient administration. Your biggest weakness would appear to be that you have outgrown the league in which you play.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
That's what I thought.

My questions to them lot

3. Why not?

The answer to their number 2 is: Solid, with plenty of energy and quick on the counter, ugly but effective. It will help massively if the ref is not conned by Robben and Ribery through-out. No red cards please.
The questions from Bayernforum lack a bit in the originality dept. but what do you expect from Germans :D

most football dynasties were just a few seasons. This current team was in 3 of the last 4 CL finals. If in 15 years we see an FCB led by president Alaba and Manager Boateng i'd be a happy camper.

You guys won't believe this but he is arguably the one first team regular many Bayern fans would be least sad to see go, as his phlegma on the pitch is sometimes hard to endure. No key player will be *sold*, if one of them decides to move on after his contract ends, good luck to them - with the exception of Ribery, Alaba and Müller, i would be thoroughly pissed to see one of them leave. Unfortunately, i have a hunch that it is more likely we are going to lose Müller than Kroos.

I don't fear United. Klopp with the transfer market possibilites of United would make a mighty rival.

They have any left?

nope.

didn't exactly help, but as it seems to be his private business exclusively, the immediate impact on the team has been less noticeable as one might have thought. The long term effect remains to be seen.

player-quality-wise the difference is smaller than percieved. For some reason, the teams with the better players like Schalke or Leverkusen have muppets for managers and the imaginative managers have 2nd tier player material. And almost everyone has resigned to roll on their back and yell uncle at the mere sight of a red jersey in the moment.

Mersault

@Red Hand Devil
It's just a canvas, paint at will ;)

@Blackwidow @Piratesoup @strongwalker Thanks for the feedback. You all seem to agree that Kroos can leave, one way or another. I hope Felix is reading this and tells him :wenger:
The thing about the dynasty, what I was wondering is whether the age of Robben and Ribery, along with Schweinsteiger passing his peak would be a turning point. But as you say, you've got a young squad besides those boys. You maybe could be better in center of defense but I don't think anybody in the world would complain on the back of their team winning the domestic championship without losing a game...

In all honesty, I predict a draw on Tuesday, maybe 1-1, and then the usual "hang on, maybe this time we'll.." moment for us, followed by a mauling in Munchen.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.

We're a million miles away from Bayerns level. Every game we have played have ended either a draw or the odd goal. I will be amazed if we keep the score beyond 6-0 over 2 legs

Poisoning their squad before kick off is our best chance

I just hope Bayern can't cope with the long balls and hope that Rooney has his scoring boots on.

All of them are dangerous.

If we keep the scoreline respectable, it will be seen as a success.

Moyes has turned the champs into chumps. The buck stops at the manager and his 'tactics'

He's lucky to be in a job. I feel a couple of hidings v Bayern will be the end

Yes, absolutely

Premier League. Bundesliga is good to watch but Bayern are like Celtic

Bayern are a proper club with great history and fantastic fans. Always love going over there

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München

You guys won't believe this but he is arguably the one first team regular many Bayern fans would be least sad to see go, as his phlegma on the pitch is sometimes hard to endure. No key player will be *sold*, if one of them decides to move on after his contract ends, good luck to them - with the exception of Ribery, Alaba and Müller, i would be thoroughly pissed to see one of them leave. Unfortunately, i have a hunch that it is more likely we are going to lose Müller than Kroos.
I don't see that happening. Unlike Kroos, Müller is properly homegrown, has a wife and his horses near Munich. Also, he's probably the german player with the highest commercial profile. The fan base identifies with him and some club officials already mentioned him as a possible future top dog official. Bayern would NEVER sell him, but instead do everything in their power to extend his contract beyond 2017, more so than in Kroos' case.
The chemistry between him and Guardiola looks excellent, even if he didn't start against Arsenal. And lets be honest: If Guardiola doesn't think that Müller is important, he's a muppet and I'd rather see him go than Müller. :D

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
@Red Hand Devil
It's just a canvas, paint at will ;)

@Blackwidow @Piratesoup @strongwalker Thanks for the feedback. You all seem to agree that Kroos can leave, one way or another. I hope Felix is reading this and tells him :wenger:
The thing about the dynasty, what I was wondering is whether the age of Robben and Ribery, along with Schweinsteiger passing his peak would be a turning point. But as you say, you've got a young squad besides those boys. You maybe could be better in center of defense but I don't think anybody in the world would complain on the back of their team winning the domestic championship without losing a game...

In all honesty, I predict a draw on Tuesday, maybe 1-1, and then the usual "hang on, maybe this time we'll.." moment for us, followed by a mauling in Munchen.
Good stuff Mers - keep up the good work man :D

Ruud_boy_10

Let me answer that as a Bayern fan - even if I am a regular here.

The leagues are different. Both have their advantages. There is a lot young players in the Bundesliga, team play is more important, the players and coaches are on a very high tactical level, and the workrate is very high - but there is better individuals in the EPL if you take speed or power. Actually if I see teams like Mainz or Augsburg - or last year's Freiburg - I think they could better perform against the bigger Premier Leagues than their equals in the EPL. But then I see other teams that have good individuals in the Bundesliga - that suck and make so much mistake. Apart from Bayern on their day every team of the Bundesliga could beat any other team. Some years ago that included Bayern - but they just are not in for the occasional blips right now - having answers to any situation.
8 games between German and English teams in this season's CL group stage. Results:

6 wins for England vs 2 for Germany. Says it all really.

Bayern are a European super power and Dortmond had a good run last year but overall German clubs don't win much in Europe. The EPL's money tips the balance in England's favour.

Kaos

'Difference' would be an understatement

Sacking Moyes to lift everyone's spirits. Otherwise food poisoning your squad.

The crossing battle. Rooney might tease Dante a bit and I'd wager De Gea will make more saves than Neuer.

Robben, solely due to painful memories. To be honest I'd take any one of your midfielders, but Schweinsteiger would be my gold pick.

We've had to put up with defensive tactics against teams that have about 10 fans. Beyond caring at this point.

90% Moyes, 10% players.

He'll be sacked when its mathematically impossible for us to make 4th I think (hope).

Pains me to say it but it was his call to bring in Gollum. Though I'm sure he didn't even expect him to be this bad.

Easily the EPL. Bundesliga is becoming less competitive than La Liga, which at least have 2/3 teams vying for that top spot

Meh, you guys are OK I guess. Prefer you to the plastic lottery clubs like City, Chelsea, PSG and circuses like Madrid. Still prefer Dortmund to you though, their fans also seemed to be a lot nicer when you both came to Wembley last season.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
You've got the upper hand this time, barely.

We don't have the luxury to chose an approach. We'll be easily forced into our six yard box and then battered until puking.

If our fullbacks have machine guns we'll do ok.

Robben. He'll be up against either a right back playing on the left (Rafael) or Buttner. Oh dear lord.

Of course I'll cope. It's only football after all. Not sure for others though. I'm not ruling out wrist slitting.

EVERYONE'S TO BLAME!1

Past caring.

Would I!

Of course the PL. We murdered your third best team. WE.

It's a massive club but I've always hated the way they dominate the German liga. They buy all the best players from every other team. There's basically no competition.

Blackwidow

8 games between German and English teams in this season's CL group stage. Results:

6 wins for England vs 2 for Germany. Says it all really.

Bayern are a European super power and Dortmond had a good run last year but overall German clubs don't win much in Europe. The EPL's money tips the balance in England's favour.
Does it?

Just shows that Leverkusen are bottlers and Schalke is a very young team that still needs some time.

Actually it would be more surprising if it would not be like this. Schalke is a pauper compared to Chelsea and the same can be said about Leverkusen in comparison to United. The Dortmund vs Arsenal matches just showed the strengths and weaknesses of both teams - Dortmund e.g. is strong if they can counter and bad when they have to make the play.

It is stupid comparisons... - and it does not have much to do with Bayern or the questions in this thread.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK

Yes definitely. We are looking at the worst United team in 25 years and one of the best Bayern teams ever. The gulf in quality, confidence and purpose is giving us United fans the hebejebes ahead of this tie.

Moyes is a negative manager on a good day. I think that we will see a very defensive setup from United. We need a lot of luck to win this game basically. A red card for you guys or your lot having an awful day and ours a brilliant one.

I would say strikers v CB. I don't rate Dante that highly and early on against Arsenal your defence looked under cooked from its Bundesliga cake walk. We have the offensive powers cause your defenders problems, the big question is if we can get the ball off your midfield!

Robben. He is a distasteful cretin but also quite good at football. It pains me when he does well against us.

I can't cope with Moyes full stop.

75% Moyes 25% players

I would rather see him sacked April 1st. In reality I don't think that he will be sacked until we go out of the CL.

Partly yes. He let the side go down hill after the zenith of 2008. It is a great shame that we failed to capitalise on that position. His signings were poor since then.

Bayern are stronger than any EPL team at the moment. After that though the quality of the Bundesliga is poor. Leverkusan are such a bad side it is untrue. I can't believe that we put nine past them this season!!! Dortmund, who are popular in England, look on the decline too. There is a theory that Bayern are bad for the German league as they are growing into an unstoppable monster. I think that there is something in that.

Very German. For a team known as 'FC Hollywood' you do kind of lack the flair, dashing and romance befitting such a title. That is the German character though. Very good at what you do, very serious, formidable and just very efficient.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Hell yes. For obvious reasons.

The only game we've come close to showing the tactics and approach which might get a result was in the away game against Arsenal. It's pretty torrid stuff but probably our best chance of nicking a result. Trying anything new or radical will be a disaster, as we saw in the first 15 minutes against City.

I think Bayern have a defence that can be got at. Through the middle or down the flanks (especially when Lahm is playing in midfield) and United have some quality attacking players, although you wouldn't know it based on the season so far. Rooney could well put in one of his barn-storming European lone striker displays though. In that mood he could definitely cause you a lot of problems.

Robben. He's up against Buttner. Can't really see him not scoring at least once over two legs. Would take any one of your CMs, to be honest. They would all improve us.

They coped fine when Fergie parked the bus against Barca en route to our last CL title. Mind you, they're unlikely to be as understanding with Moyes

We would have had a bad campaign, with or without Moyes. He turned it into a terrible campaign.

Probably got until the end of the season.

Yes. As Roy Keane recently said, Fergie always used to improve his team from a position of strength. This hasn't happened since the Glazer takeover. The timing may not be conicidental.

Premier League. Much greater strength in depth. Bundesliga falls off a cliff after the top two and Dortmund aren't all that this season.

They're a European super-power. Credit where it's due for ticket pricing. Like most German policies, it's eminently sensible and with the interests of the people at heart. Which is not often the case in the UK.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

1. Definitely greater than in 2001, when you defeated us home and away enroute to a Champions League trophy. We were even in 1999. I think we were the better team in 2010, and if we went through I think we would have defeated Inter in the final. The difference this year is astronomical.

2. Attacking through the center. In my very humble opinion, Dante and Boateng are potential red cards waiting to happen. I'd like to see Kagawa behind Rooney, with Welbeck tucking in. Defending wise... drop deep and force you to take shots from distance, hoping DDG plays a blinder. Have someone constantly tracking Muller's movement.

3. Striker/no 10 vs CB. That's it. Battles elsewhere will be damage limitation.

4. Muller. By far. Not the flashiest player, but his movement (both on and off the ball) gives. He can operate between the midfield and defense. He knows how to drag defenders wide for other Bayern players to burst through the gap. Impossible to fluster. Big game mentality. Scores goals. Robben and Ribery, Thiago are probably better players, but if I could choose one Bayern player who could miss the game, it would be Muller. I rate him that much. As for which player we could get? Any one of Schweinstieger, Kroos, Martinez or Thiago. Oh come on just flog one on to us, Christ. Greedy bastards

5. We don't have the personnel, tactics, discipline or grit to park the bus. It's no coincidence that Barcelona's past 2 CL victories came at our expense. So yes I'll be mad at Moyes for parking the bus. We need to play deep. We need to be disciplined, only commiting players to the attack when necessary. But it's a thin line between being disciplined, and just having Rooney beyond the half line.

6. Moyes takes a significant part of the blame. Growing pains I figure. Some of our players have let him down though, through a lack of effort, discipline or just getting past their usage date. Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Carrick: the back bone of our recent record breaking defense in Europe and at home, all are past it. That takes time to replace and in the meantime, we're suffering for it.

7. I think he'll be given more time.

8. Yes. I'm not mad at him or anything, I felt the purchase of RVP was a stop gap. He left our midfield neglected, which resulted in 2 prospects from our academy leaving (not the whole story, but whatever). We relied too much on our old spine. We won the league last season, so there weren't much complaints, but the signs were there and I hinted at that a few times.

9. Bayern and Dortmund are world class teams. The rest are decent, but below the level of the top 10 in England IMO. Overall I like the structure of the Bundesliga. Well run, fantastic with finances, the fans, youth talent and the standard of play. The Premier League can learn a lot from the Bundesliga. But overall I think the Premier League is slightly better. La Liga has to be on top right now.

10. As a club? Well run. I like how you have the overall board of directors who can implement long term visions, allowing the coaches to work more directly with the team and deliver short term results. The progression from Van Gaal to Heynkes to Guardiola should be the standard for clubs to aspire to. Ya'll should get more tax accountants for your directors though. As a team? Top in Europe right now. I think somewhere between now and May, you will drop out of the Champions League, just because, the oracle says no team can retain the damn trophy. Dominate the league and Europe in the next 2 years, and I'll put you up there with Ajax, Milan c 1993, Barcelona c 2009 as the best club sides ever. Right now you're stuck down here with us c 2008, Juventus c 1996...

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
10. As a club? Well run. I like how you have the overall board of directors who can implement long term visions, allowing the coaches to work more directly with the team and deliver short term results. The progression from Van Gaal to Heynkes to Guardiola should be the standard for clubs to aspire to. Ya'll should get more tax accountants for your directors though. As a team? Top in Europe right now. I think somewhere between now and May, you will drop out of the Champions League, just because, the oracle says no team can retain the damn trophy. Dominate the league and Europe in the next 2 years, and I'll put you up there with Ajax, Milan c 1993, Barcelona c 2009 as the best club sides ever. Right now you're stuck down here with us c 2008, Juventus c 1996...

:lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Yes by far

Attack Bayern from the off to unsettle them as Arsenal did and once we get a goal, defend it like our lives depended on it.

Strike vs. CB. Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez are very dangerous when on form and Dante looks shaky, possibly the weakest link in the bayern team.

Fear: Robben Want: Shwein

We'd have to

80% Moyes, 20% Players

He should be sacked but will be given more time

To an extent but not entirely

Still EPL because the beyond Dortmund and Bayern, the german league isn't as strong whereas EPL has City, Pool, Chelsea. Bayern are the best team between both leagues but the EPL has more good teams than Bundesliga

Scary

Brophs

The One and Only
Yes

Defensive and counter attacking. We don't have the players to press Bayern.

Strikers v CB. If Rooney's on form he'll cause the Munich defence problems.

Robben, because he'll be up against Buttner and Evra, one of our weakest areas. Kroos. Top player at the right age.

Yep. If we open up we'll be beaten by a much better side.

More of the former than the latter, but both, to an extent. Moyes has underperformed and a few players appear to have passed their best around the same time.

He could be, but I don't think so. He'll still be our manager next Christmas (ho ho ho).

Nope. He had a blind spot regarding midfielders which has hurt us but Moyes could have solved it but didn't.

In terms of overall strength the PL league, but Bayern are a better side than anyone in the PL.

Fantastic club, great manager, lots of brilliant players. I wouldn't trust them to file my tax return, though!

Glanville95

Definitely. Bayern Munich may have been nowhere near the European force then, as they are today, but there is a greater divide between that United side compared to the one today. In fact, this Bayern Munich side may one day be recognised as one of the greatest club sides ever in comparison to a United side that may be regarded as the weakest United side in the last three decades. Substantial difference.

Deploying tactics similar to that of Chelsea when they won the Champions League, but whether we are capable of executing that type of game plan to great effect is a different question entirely. One of the few positives I expected when Moyes took over was for us to defend very well as a cohesive unit - as his Everton side did. But the reality is that we defend as a team completely out of sync with any defensive shape or understanding. To have any chance of progressing, we simply have to defend deep in numbers, compact in shape and dangerous on the counter. Sacrificing an attack-minded player will probably be of paramount importance.

For the life of me, I don't know why you've got CM vs CM - Ridiculous mismatch in quality. I don't think we stand much chance on winning any individual battles personally. I suppose our forward(s) against your defence is the safest bet, considering that is arguably your weakest area and upfront is United's strongest area. Rooney could cause problems playing in his natural position and Welbeck offers a unique outlet in the squad which may be a decisive role for us - not to mention he was our best player against Madrid last season.

There are a number of players, but I'd have to say Thomas Muller. Might be slightly biased, because he is the type of player I love and admire, but he is such a decisive and effective player. I expect Bayern to win by a landslide, but if it's still a contest by the team we play at the Allianz Arena, he is the type of player to make all the difference. Outstanding intelligence, movement, finishing and workrate. As for which player I'd choose; I'd take a whole host of players in a heartbeat, but were it not for his age, Lahm would be the clear favourite for me. As it is, he isn't young, so I'd opt for Toni Kroos just ahead of Thiago and Muller.

Of course, as long as it is effective. What is worrying with that tactic under Moyes, is that we will simply succumb to Bayern pressure and struggle to initiate attacks when we seldom regain possession. This season has been humiliating and we are massive underdogs, so if this tactic were to allow us to remain competitive over both legs, so be it.

When you assess our demise this season, you have to factor in every possible reason for our decline. Certain factors are overwhelming factors and Moyes is certainly one of them however. Ferguson by no means left us a strong squad and it has obvious flaws, but Moyes has still managed to take a title-winning squad to 7th place which is simply unacceptable. This squad under the right management, tactics and coaching should still be competing for top four.

I doubt it. If anything, drawing Bayern Munich is possible the worst draw in regards to Moyes' future. Your side are overwhelming favourites and if you effectively end the tie after the game at Old Trafford it'll come as no surprise when lesser teams like City and Liverpool have both won 3-0 in recent weeks. It's depressing and quite frankly pathetic, but it won't create any disillusion among fans or the United hierarchy because a good thrashing is expected.

As I alluded to in question six. We are in our current predicament because of every factor. Ferguson is quite clearly responsible because he recommended a manager who has never managed at the highest level and has now proved himself to be completely out of his depth. Not forgetting, he didn't rectify the midfield situation in six seasons.

Premier League. This is probably due to the financial power that the Premier League possesses. With the tv revenue that all twenty PL teams generate there is more of a level playing field than any other top European league. We may be lagging behind tactically and technically than the Bundesliga, but the PL compensates for it with the quality of player any team can acquire. Essentially, the Bundesliga is just Bayerns plaything.

Wonderful club with a proud tradition and history. The benchmark for all clubs to aspire to and the team with the best infrastructure and ideologies among all elite sides. One thing I admire the most out of the club, is how they have never veered away from their identity as a team. They have the pulling power to acquire the best foreign exports, but they still put massive emphasis on developing German players and signing the best German talent. Some might deem them arrogant - as our club has been branded - but that is merely the consequence of being a winning machine.

Red Stone

I'm a young 'un, so I can't say for sure, but in the last 20-30 years or so, definitely.

Putting runners in the middle of the park to bother the midfield and try to park the bus in defence. Try to grab goals from set-pieces and counter-attacks.

Striker vs. CB is probably the closest. It's where we have our best players, simple as that. Rooney could prove a handful for the Bayern defense if he's on his day.

I fear Robben or Ribery the most. They have a lot of tools to hurt us with. If I could take one player I'd take Thiago or Kroos.

I can. It's our only hope because Bayern are so good. Defensive tactics against top sides wasn't a problem for me under Fergie either. It's Moyes' defensive attitude against lesser teams that annoys me, and I suspect it's the same with a lot of other United fans.

While the players haven't been good enough, I think most of the blame can be traced back to Moyes in some way, yes.

I think he'll be gone by the summer if he continues down the same road as he has so far this season.

I'm tempted to give at least a partial 'yes' on that. Moyes should have been sacked already and Fergie is probably a big part of the reason why he hasn't been. That being said, SAF left a good squad and a club that has all the requirements to win. I don't think anyone anticipated it going this badly, so I'm not going to hold anything against SAF.

Team for team, the Premier League is the stronger league. The Bundesliga has higher quality at the top, though. Bayern are the best team in Europe and Dortmund would probably manage to win the Premier League every now and then.

I prefer Dortmund, but I have tremendous respect for Bayern. As I said, probably the best team in the world at the moment.

IrishLegend

Absolutely, A few years back when a Robben wonder goal sent us out of the CL I thought we were the better team, but since then Bayern have strengthened considerably while United have ignored weaknesses in the squad and have lost the greatest manager of all time.

Let Bayern have the ball in their own half, press when they come into our half, When we get the ball counter attack fast and exploit the space.

I think the only battle we have a chance of winning is upfront, We have a lot of firepower with Rooney, Kagawa, Januzaj and Mata. Elsewhere on the pitch Bayern at better man for man except for in goal (not that Neuer isn't brilliant but DDG has been our best player this year).

Robben, if he decides to turn up he'll run circles around our defence, Also Schweinsteiger for his ability to dictate the tempo of the game. As for who I'd take from Bayern? Kroos and/or Muller, Kross because we desperately need a midfielder of his quality and he's still young and improving, Muller because he has got to be one of the most intelligent footballers in the world, doesn't have the best technique or pace but is always in the right place at the right time.

Unfortunately United have had to put up with this all season, Moyes is an incredibly negative manager so I expect much of the same against Bayern.

100% Moyes. He got rid of a very successful backroom coaching staff and is generally a negative manager, United always use to have the philosophy of 'If you score 3, we'll score 4' It's no surprise that under Moyes we have the lowest goals at home this season in the premier league tied with one of the worst teams in the league in Fulham.

If there is a god he'll go.

He has to take some of the blame, he hand picked Moyes and ignored the problems with had in Central Midfield for years and let our best CM go to Juventus due to not giving him playing time.

Premier League by a mile, Bayern have won the league already which is a pretty damning on the state of the Bundesliga, Until other clubs have the financial muscle to compete with Bayern it will never been as competitive as the Premier League. Bayern are stronger than any team in the Premier League but the Premier League has 6-7 very very good teams, who while not up to the standard of Bayern, would certainly give them a game.

Extremely well run and probably the best team in the world, although I do think that the financial disparity between Bayern and the rest of the Bundesliga hurts your league but I can hardly blame Bayern for using their financial muscle and as a fan it must be nice knowing if you want a player you can buy him and he'll 99/100 want to go to you.