Son Heung-min

Womp

idiot
He wouldn't look nearly as good in our team. These players in these teams are regularly found in advanced and isolated positions. Our players sit so deep they have to run almost the whole pitch or hope the opposition team over commits leaving us space to do anything.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Remember when I listed all the Spurs players that could get a spot in our team (most spots) and Son was one that got laughed off.

Bulldog United

Son is my favourite Tottenham player. He has a fantastic attitude, works hard for the team, and never stops making clever runs. I love watching him play. It goes without saying I'd want to see him in a United shirt, but I dread to think how much Levy would want for him.

Spurs will miss him more than Kane in the first leg against Ajax.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Very good technically, improved his composure 10 fold in the last 2 seasons, lovely guy, hard worker, best 2 footed player I have seen at Tottenham and seems to thrive under pressure. Gutted for him out of the first leg but you can be sure he will want to make amends if we’re still in it in the second leg.

Tony Clifton

Son is one of the few players I'm absolutely certain would've been a Man United player if Fergie still managed us. The combination of talent, technique, intelligence, pace, power and character was there to see from the start.

No chance Fergie would've missed it.

He would've signed Son after his very first season (2015/16) at Tottenham, if not sooner—perhaps even during that season's winter transfer window.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Son is one of the few players I'm absolutely certain would've been a Man United player if Fergie still managed us. The combination of talent, technique, intelligence, pace, power and character was there to see from the start.

No chance Fergie would've missed it.

He would've signed Son after his very first season (2015/16) at Tottenham, if not sooner—perhaps even during that season's winter transfer window.
Not sure I agree, after his first season he wanted to leave, he was erratic and very inconsistent. I do agree Fergie would have had an eye on him but I don’t think he would have tried to have signed him until maybe last summer.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Can get away with barely having a midfield with him up front. Trying playing Martial in his place. Whole team would fall apart.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Can get away with barely having a midfield with him up front. Trying playing Martial in his place. Whole team would fall apart.
I think our midfield is a bit underrated, we have a very solid midfield, it’s not flashy but it is strong and hard working. It’s not like we have a soft centre, it’s just not that technically gifted, bar maybe Winks.

Chairman Steve

I’m willing to bet he’s got a thread in the transfer forum when he was at Leverkusen with the consensus being “nah he’s shit and memphis is much better” or something to that effect.

He’s brilliant and we could certainly have done with someone like him

Trizy

Brilliant player.

Imagine if he's country failed to win the Asian Cup that time? Tonight would've never happened.

mu4c_20le

I’m willing to bet he’s got a thread in the transfer forum when he was at Leverkusen with the consensus being “nah he’s shit and memphis is much better” or something to that effect.

He’s brilliant and we could certainly have done with someone like him
Dont remember his time in germany tbh but even when he was inconsistent at Spurs, Ive liked his positive attitude, never drops his head and always so attacking. Don't know if it's too late now to get him, but Spurs have built a great side over the years and they've gelled together really well. They have something special and it'd be a shame if they dont build on it by investing a bit.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think our midfield is a bit underrated, we have a very solid midfield, it’s not flashy but it is strong and hard working. It’s not like we have a soft centre, it’s just not that technically gifted, bar maybe Winks.
Mate, you just played Llorente, Eriksen, Alli, Son and Moura at the Etihad. You had no midfield. You were barely in the game post-Sissoko injury. Your attackers work super hard though to compensate, but you had no control.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Mate, you just played Llorente, Eriksen, Alli, Son and Moura at the Etihad. You had no midfield. You were barely in the game post-Sissoko injury. Your attackers work super hard though to compensate, but you had no control.
That’s one game, if your post was just about this game I agree but usually we would have Sissoko, Dier and Winks with Wanyama coming back, fingers crossed.

Pich is learning, we we tend to do pretty well giving up possession and hitting fast instead of Pochs usual possession football.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
World class. Could easily get into Barcelona, Madrid and Bayerns side.

the_irish123

He's a really good player, but has a frustrating lack of vision. He's sort of a much better Nani.

cyberman

I remember when he was held up an an overrated joke that the Bundesliga sold to the idiotic English that would see them continually take advantage of our spending so they could find the stars of tomorrow.
By German football fans funnily enough. Now look where they are

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He is such a United player, great attitude
But but- we are higher in the food chain. - We don’t want to turn into another arsenal developing players or taking a chance on players. I’ve actually heard that said on here in the last week. Now he’s worth 100million on 1/2 the wages of Sanchez who contributes nothing. Our scouting and recruitment is scandalously bad. I’d do a better job. Son was so gettable. THIS is the exact profile of player we should be after. The sooner our fans start realising we are only really a final destination club for older players who can’t transcend the crap we are playing now. Who cares if real or Barca is in for x or y player in a few years. If they have world class potential sign them up, if they hit works class levels give them the world class deals! For example Pogba does not deserve 500k based on what he’s shown here.

Angry Virginian

Supports
Tottenham
Not sure I agree, after his first season he wanted to leave, he was erratic and very inconsistent. I do agree Fergie would have had an eye on him but I don’t think he would have tried to have signed him until maybe last summer.
His future as a professional footballer was unclear last summer because of his potential military commitment. Spurs did a clever thing and signed him to a long term contract before the Asian Games.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
His future as a professional footballer was unclear last summer because of his potential military commitment. Spurs did a clever thing and signed him to a long term contract before the Asian Games.
They gave him an extension before knowing whether or not he’d have to do his military service? Fair play, quite a risky bet which has obviously paid off. I’m sure Son appreciates the gesture as well.

Angry Virginian

Supports
Tottenham
They gave him an extension before knowing whether or not he’d have to do his military service? Fair play, quite a risky bet which has obviously paid off. I’m sure Son appreciates the gesture as well.
No one knows the details of his contract. I would presume that Levy puts in a clause to not pay his wages during the time that he would have to serve his military duties.