South Korean media reports that Son was racially abused by Ole

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
WTF is this? Is this some joke of a thread or is anybody actually claiming Ole racially abused Son?

Nothing Ole said in his post match interview was racist, not even remotely.
The postioning of the examples of online racist abuse and Ole's comments in the article could lead readers to interpret that Ole also racially abused Son.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The only thing worse than a father who doesn't feed his children is a racist father who doesn't feed his children.

Mourinho must be horrified. Does he know about Ole's smiling habits?
What if he's a father who doesn't feed his racist children?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The only thing worse than a father who doesn't feed his children is a racist father who doesn't feed his children.

Mourinho must be horrified. Does he know about Ole's smiling habits?
Haha I was just receipting this:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Bizarre analogy/comment from Ole, not the first. Did he suffer an undiagnosed TBI at some point in his career?

Son probably more gifted and more televised but Park is the king if you look at what he won.

:confused:

I meant that there is more of a love-in for Son in Korea than for Zlatan in Sweden.
David May has more medals than Shearer.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The logical way to resolve this, is for Son to force a move to United. Nothing beat on-hand experience by working for Ole, and see the truth.

Tarrou

if you google translate the article one paragraph says

Even the manager of Manchester U.S. Solshard made an argument with less than common sense, and had an argument with manager Morinyu

which suggests they are not accusing Ole of racism, so maybe the other bit is just a mis-translation

RashyForPM

Mourinho has caused this. Ole needs to call him out at the next press conference.

TheRedHearted

“If my son did that, I wouldn’t give him food.”

I challenge anyone to find racism in the above comment.
Calling Son his son, is racist because referring to an asian person as your son is racist, although Ole never even referred to Son as his son, in which world you ask? Well in one of the universes that live parallel to ours, but most definitely not ours. But still, if something is racist in another dimension, we clearly have to start acknowledging it as racist in ours, otherwise we would be excluding other universes.
:D

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Came in here expecting some comment that could possibly be twisted to imply something, but there really is nothing in that. I'm assuming a translation issue more than anything. Saying that the racist abuse on social media should rightly be called out.

TsuWave

The tv channel/news got it wrong. Hoping something got lost in translation with spurs looking into the racist abuse Son received on twitter, but this is a weird thread. Bunch of weird jokes

hungrywing

Thread title's bollocks, needs changing before the Caf's sued.
The article doesn't say this. Change the thread title
Yep. Some serious irony going on there.

Think they have got confused between Spurs investigating the racial abuse Son received online and think Spurs were including Ole when they weren't at all.
Looks like it's not confusion on the initial reporter's end. A borderline Sun/Mirror type article in a major outlet and it's being called out. I'm assuming it's like if the Telegraph/BBC uploaded a Sun/Mirror type story and a healthy chunk of the readership is horrified. From the comments in the reddit thread that OP posted:

Over the years, there have been several examples of Korean reporters writing shit articles to generate clicks, often enough that we have a specific term to describe them: giregi (기레기), which is a portmanteau of gija (reporter) and ssuregi (garbage). Looks like this is a perfect example of this happening.
We don't need to go any further than the comments on the MBC article to see how normal Koreans, not even United supporting Koreans, feel about this:
맨유 구단에서 공식적으로 시킨것도 아니고 이미 솔샤르 인터뷰 이전부터 인종차별 발언이 오갔는데 이걸 맨유가 부추겼다 라는 언론의 보도가 나오니 진짜 놀랍네요 혹시 기사 작성하실때 자세히 확인은 하셨는지...?ㅎㅎ
It's not as though Man Utd as a club issued these comments, and the comments about racism were on social media even before Solskjaer's interview, so I'm amazed to see articles saying "Man Utd caused this". Did you check the facts at all before you wrote...? Haha
리버풀 팬이라 이런 보도에 많이 당했는데 이제 이런 자극적인 기사 제목이랑 내용 말고 확실하고 정확한 뉴스를 내보내주셨으면 합니다...
I'm a Liverpool supporter so we're used to suffering from this type of poor reporting, please report the facts accurately from now on instead of writing sensationalized headlines and news...
진짜 기사좀 제대로 써주세요;; 누가보면 맨유구단이 인종차별을 한줄알겠네요 ㅋㅋㅋ
Please write articles properly. At first glance you'd think Man Utd (the club) was racist haha
제 정신인가요? 파울이다 아니다로 논쟁하는 감독들, 패널들 이야기를 왜 인종차별이랑 묶어서 맨유 구단, 감독이 인종차별을 부추긴것처럼 보도하시죠?
Are you out of your mind? Why would you link racism with the comments of managers and pundits who were discussing whether it was a foul or not?
대단하다 뭔 구단이부추겨 이런식으로글쓸거면 기자때려치세요 팩트로승부해야지 날조로승부하네
amazing to say the club did this, if you're going to write like this give up on being a reporter. you have to report on facts but instead you're making up things
feck, I'm Korean and this type of shit-stirring by Korean media is always so embarrassing.
I'm seeing a lot of replies about how "Koreans are so sensitive", or "Korea is racist too lmao" and feck me if that isn't true, I've met some pretty racist Koreans in my time. But this article is such bullshit and more of a Korean media problem than a Koreans or South Korea problem.

Giggs86

I heard the authorities looking for Andy Gray as we speak for his racist 'Tikaboo son' comments. For decades he's been racially abusing Son.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
My mind now goes straight back to the World Cup game between South Korea and Italy. 2002 wasn't it? Cheating is not a new thing for Koreans.

jackal&hyde

Another page from the book called: "If you criticize me and you are a different race/gender then you are a racist/sexist".

SAFMUTD

What the actual feck, I guess its easier to say hey our national pride was racially abused instead of called out for being a diving punk.

mu4c_20le

Came in here expecting some comment that could possibly be twisted to imply something, but there really is nothing in that. I'm assuming a translation issue more than anything. Saying that the racist abuse on social media should rightly be called out.
It's not a translation issue, the reporter clearly put Solskjaer in the same basket as the Man United fans who abused him on social media. Maybe they didn't understand the joke, but they definitely knew it was negative, and didn't like it.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
This could end up very badly for Son Min. Lucky for him OGS is not an English manager.

This could end up very badly for Son Min. Lucky for him OGS is not an English manager.
What difference does the managers nationality make?

Pure deflection from the station, as you say it’s not helped.

Will we see t shirts from Spurs at their next match?