Southgate vs Solskjaer

PoTMS

Who is the better manager? Has anyone ever seen the two at the same time? They make the same fecking mistakes. What a great time to be a United and England supporter.

JadoreSox

Difference is Southgate has unlimited options on the bench and Solskjaer has none.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Difference is Southgate has unlimited options on the bench and Solskjaer has none.
So does that mean Ole would make subs as England manager? Or that Man Utd have no depth? Which would be partly down to Ole. I’m confused as to who the jibe is aimed at:lol:

sport2793

So does that mean Ole would make subs as England manager? Or that Man Utd have no depth? Which would be partly down to Ole. I’m confused as to who the jibe is aimed at:lol:
At Southgate, Ole should be judged more this season though, especially if Camavinga and Varane come with Sancho.

Irwin99

There's an argument to say they're both good at thinking of 'plan A's' but if that doesn't work ....

hobbers

Embarrassing in game management, guaranteed to choke in finals. Identical.

el3mel

Well, they both can't manage a crucial game for shit. Both fecked up their finals this year badly.

England have such a very good squad though, hampered by a shit manager badly.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Both the same shite. Southgate has more pool of talent and is far to defensive. But, Ole is just incompetent and relies too much on individual brilliance and luck. Southgate for me is more tactical competent than Ole though. Southgate had the opportunity to play more offensive but, he knew that a solid foundation goes far in cup competition.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Both the same shite. Southgate has much more pool of talent and is far to defensive. But, Ole is just incompetent and relies too much on individual brilliance and luck. Southgate for me is more tactical competent than Ole
Are you fecking kidding? Look at that shit show today. The bloke has no idea how to set up a functional unit which ole undeniably does considering the massive improvement since he joined.

Real Name

Ole, United plays better football. All the worse cause Southgate has a great team at his disposal.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Are you fecking kidding? Look at that shit show today. The bloke has no idea how to set up a functional unit which ole undeniably does considering the massive improvement since he joined.
England has been functional defensively throughout the whole tournament. like I stated, Southgate just doesn’t know how to set up a well functioning attacking unit, which at the end one would say cost him against italy as it seems he set up defensively the whole game.

el3mel

There's no way a United fan didn't remember the EL final after watching this game. It's basically the same shit management regarding the subs.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
There's no way a United fan didn't remember the EL final after watching this game. It's basically the same shit management regarding the subs.
Pretty much, Ole's saving grace is that he had zero options off the bench which is probably still his fault but nothing he could do during the game.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Just the nationality at this point. Both rely on good team atmosphere and their tactics are basic.

Still, Southgate did OK till those penalty takers choice.

0le

Feck off with this shit. England banter is fine but wtf you got to bring Ole into this for?

R'hllor

Such a random move to pull out Ole and place him in this discussion now

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It was basically a carbon copy!

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
There has been an Ole - Southgate comparison the whole tournament, some of you guys need to chill.

I find them very alike, poor football and struggle to win the most important matches. The fact they both lost a penalty series in a final by bad choice of players is just ironic. Ole by playing de Gea, Southgate by having 3 youngsters who were substitures taking it.

This joke can also die after this week.

Blood Mage

About the same level I'd say but Southgate has a stronger bench at his disposal and United don't have a striker of Kane's calibre. Ole has achieved just as much with less so perhaps he edges it.

Paul_Scholes18

I think Southgate the better manager for what his job is. England done really well under him, but lost on pens. They reached a semi final and a final. That is really good job.

Us under Ole has never reached a CL semi final and we have not won the league. Also not won anything at all just like Southgate, but there are no minor trophies on international level.

Eternitiy

One in the same. This was a mirror image of our loss to Villarreal. At least Ole's penalty taker selection made more sense. Selecting Saka as your fifth taker is just obscene. Really not fair on the player.

abkmufc92

Both managers are managing teams they don't deserve to.

Both managers have their teams playing shit defensive football.

Both managers have awful in game management.

AshRK

Difference is Southgate had sancho Grealish rashford saka henderson on bench and Ole had mata, james telles, matic.