Film Spider-Man: Far From Home

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Did anyone else think they used less CGI on Spidey than the other films? Thought he looked great and more natural.

Oldyella

Do we think Ned was a skrull at some points? I remember thinking he said some real specific stuff to motivate Peter at certain points, and then the reveal got me thinking..

And does this mean they are leading towards secret invasion or was it just a throwaway. In Secret Invasion Skrulls are villains but from what we have seen so far they are good guys.

Reddy Rederson

Do we think Ned was a skrull at some points? I remember thinking he said some real specific stuff to motivate Peter at certain points, and then the reveal got me thinking..

And does this mean they are leading towards secret invasion or was it just a throwaway. In Secret Invasion Skrulls are villains but from what we have seen so far they are good guys.
they could be playing the long con. Not unlike beck did.

Reddy Rederson

True. Would be a shame, I really liked what they have done with Talos.
They could go the route of having it be a break away faction of skrulls. In saying that, I think if they had the balls to turn likeable characters evil, it would be a big pay off story wise and it would really feck with the emotions of the audience. The problem with beck is that we all knew he was a bad guy, so the reveal was always coming that he was a bad. Talos being a big bad, after having been a big bad that turns out to be a good guy would be really going for the emotions of the audience.

Sanche7

Just seen it, it's fantastic. Tom Holland and Jake Gyllenhaal were fantastic. Mysterio's illusions reminded me of scarecrow. The CGI is very good, it's really funny and really brings out the human part of being a teenager and a superhero. Will be watching it again.
Also the cut scenes at the end are a must watch.

Sylar

I am wondering about the multiverse

given mysterio wasnt really from another world like they alluded to, whether that will still play a part for the next phase (as a way to bring in mutants. and heck maybe even heel skrulls

Reddy Rederson

I am wondering about the multiverse

given mysterio wasnt really from another world like they alluded to, whether that will still play a part for the next phase (as a way to bring in mutants. and heck maybe even heel skrulls
The way beck made fun of it, Im guessing thats to plant the seed of doubt in the audience. We'll probably get some line in a future movie like "A multiverse? That sounds made up. Are you sure?".

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Do you guys think that we'll get Miles Morales at some point in future movies? It was hinted at in Homecoming, and it makes sense after phase four.

Sylar

Do you guys think that we'll get Miles Morales at some point in future movies? It was hinted at in Homecoming, and it makes sense after phase four.
I think yes
especially the way the first end credit scene went. It's a way to cause confusion with the crowd if you see Miles Spiderman and Peter Parker together or maybe even hand over (altho I think it's way too soon for Tom Holland to even do that)

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I think yes
especially the way the first end credit scene went. It's a way to cause confusion with the crowd if you see Miles Spiderman and Peter Parker together or maybe even hand over (altho I think it's way too soon for Tom Holland to even do that)
I think Tom Holland is signed up for 6 movies including 3 solo ones. I think they should continue with him for a while, they've finally casted Peter Park perfectly would be shame not to get a few movies out of him. Eventually I think we will see a Miles spidey film though.

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Saw it yesterday. Good mindless fun. I agree the special effects were great and the acting from the main two guys was good too. I liked the little comedic moments between the asian friend n his gf. Is it just me or is mj a little annoying? Almost like a caricature of what 'cool' is supposed to be

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Saw it yesterday. Good mindless fun. I agree the special effects were great and the acting from the main two guys was good too. I liked the little comedic moments between the asian friend n his gf. Is it just me or is mj a little annoying? Almost like a caricature of what 'cool' is supposed to be
That’s why it works. Teenagers are never cool.

The after credits scene is just phenomenal.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I only saw the first scene with mysterio n the big reveal. What was the second scene if you dont mind?
it turns out Nick Fury and Maria Hill we’ve seen throughout the scene are Skrulls (from captain marvel) who are working with Fury. Fury is deep in space with a load of skrulls working on something. The Skrulls seem completely friendly though.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
it turns out Nick Fury and Maria Hill we’ve seen throughout the scene are Skrulls (from captain marvel) who are working with Fury. Fury is deep in space with a load of skrulls working on something. The Skrulls seem completely friendly though.
Cheers mate. I didnt watch captain marvel so no idea what those are, just set up for the next films i guess.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really enjoyed it... wish I didn’t see the trailers as the twist was a bit obvious but still a lot of fun.

The mid & post credit scenes were awesome.

padr81

Supports
Man City
just out, the cgi in this is the best ever, animations are the most life like. Thats a small point in the scheme of things, the rest was easily just as amazing. for me this is easily in my mcu top 5. Tom Holland is the perfect PP. marvel have been nailing their casting last 10 years.

delighted for happy being happy.

i even choked up a bit on the tony stark scenes.

gormless

just out, the cgi in this is the best ever, animations are the most life like. Thats a small point in the scheme of things, the rest was easily just as amazing. for me this is easily in my mcu top 5. Tom Holland is the perfect PP. marvel have been nailing their casting last 10 years.

delighted for happy being happy.

i even choked up a bit on the tony stark scenes.
I read that one woman did the casting for every Marvel film apart from one. That one film was Edward Norton’s Hulk

padr81

Supports
Man City
I read that one woman did the casting for every Marvel film apart from one. That one film was Edward Norton’s Hulk
That woman has some real superpowers!!! Someone needs to give her a raise.

Oldyella

Yeah apparently so. She's definitely played a massive part in the success of mcu, so many roles, big and small are just so perfectly cast it's nuts. 10 years in and 20 plus movies and it's difficult to think of any missteps.

lawliet354

So my friend kinda blows my mind after he mentioned that maybe the 2nd after credit scene is actually..

Fury at SWORD headquarter???

Last edited:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
So my friend kinda blows my mind after he mentioned that maybe the 2nd after credit scene is actually..

Fury at SWORD headquarter???
Yup could be.
They're looking at releasing a few other space themed marvel films

diarm

That illusion was a mindfck and really well done. Imagine going through something like that and not knowing when it begins and when it ends.
Everton away last year springs to mind

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Watched it the other night and thought it was a load of rubbish.

I mean some of the characters come across as very likable so I felt bad for not liking it, but it had a strong whiff of Iron Man 3 about it. In fact it seemed to be trying very hard to be a teenage angsty version of Iron Man 3. This is definitely not a good thing.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The rather meta nature of the villain came across as a bit glib and a lot of the rest of the film was surprisingly dull. The characters and actors are likable enough to make it passable but really the post-credit sequence was the best (and most substantial) thing about it. Meh.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I mean some of the characters come across as very likable so I felt bad for not liking it
Yeah, the best thing about it was that the schoolkids all actually felt like schoolkids (despite actually being in their 20s) way more than any of the other 47 bi-annual Spider-Man films full of people quite obviously in their mid-30s.

It’s also by far the most charming and chemistry having Peter Parker love interest story... which isn’t particularly hard, considering Kirsten Dunst was a nagging harpee who just got kidnapped every 20 minutes and screamed until Tobey Maguire’s melting toad bitchface showed up, and Garfield & Stone were the most insufferably smug hipster couple that perpetually seemed only one bump of cocaine away from telling you how amazing Morrissey’s solo stuff is....

But the rest of it was insanely overstuffed. There were at least 4 too many characters in every scene. You certainly don’t go into a Spider-Man movie expecting quite so much JB Smoove & Martin Starr improv...

That said, there was a lot to enjoy in a ridiculously campy way.... my personal favourite being a tie between possibly the greatest bad “here’s my elaborate villainous plan” speech ever written, and the “quick, let’s hide from this apocalyptic chaos in the room that stores the Crown Jewels, because LONDON!!” bit....

Last edited:

decorativeed

Watched it the other night and thought it was a load of rubbish.

I mean some of the characters come across as very likable so I felt bad for not liking it, but it had a strong whiff of Iron Man 3 about it. In fact it seemed to be trying very hard to be a teenage angsty version of Iron Man 3. This is definitely not a good thing.
Hmmm, other than a 'twist' anyone who'd ever read a Spider-man comic or watched a cartoon would have seen coming as soon as they announced Mysterio, I don't see much of a similarity. I really enjoyed this, but can't stand IM3.

Art Vandelay

It was a bit shit. How is there anyone that didn't already know he was Spiderman? He's constantly running around with no mask on and introducing himself as Peter Parker while in the mask.

Oldyella

Hmmm, other than a 'twist' anyone who'd ever read a Spider-man comic or watched a cartoon would have seen coming as soon as they announced Mysterio, I don't see much of a similarity. I really enjoyed this, but can't stand IM3.
Hmm. There are some similarities. Both make a big deal about not wanting to wear the suit, and dealing with bad stuff thats happened in the previous avengers movie.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Yeah, the best thing about it was that the schoolkids all actually felt like schoolkids (despite actually being in their 20s) way more than any of the other 47 bi-annual Spider-Man films full of people quite obviously in their mid-30s.

It’s also by far the most charming and chemistry having Peter Parker love interest story... which isn’t particularly hard, considering Kirsten Dunst was a nagging harpee who just got kidnapped every 20 minutes and screamed until Tobey Maguire’s melting toad bitchface showed up, and Garfield & Stone were the most insufferably smug hipster couple that perpetually seemed only one bump of cocaine away from telling you how amazing Morrissey’s solo stuff is....

But the rest of it was insanely overstuffed. There were at least 4 too many characters in every scene. You certainly don’t go into a Spider-Man movie expecting quite so much JB Smoove & Martin Starr improv...

That said, there was a lot to enjoy in a ridiculously campy way.... my personal favourite being a tie between possibly the greatest bad “here’s my elaborate villainous plan” speech ever written, and the “quick, let’s hide from this apocalyptic chaos in the room that stores the Crown Jewels, because LONDON!!” bit....
Yeah I found the characters strangely relatable. The awkwardness seemed genuine...but then the competition as you said was Toby Maguire, who was likable only because you knew he got bullied by people like you (i.e. everyone) at school, and that guy from the last spiderman films who was so smug it was literally impossible to make the bad guy not be the more likable character.

I like the girlfriend actress as well, whoever she is...although I prefered her just being a sarcastic nuisance in the last film.

I was just watching it genuinely thinking "I'm sure they've used this villain before"...they've had a couple of better villains of late...then instantly killed them. Now we seem to be back to ones where at the end of the film you wonder what the problem would have been with just letting them get on with it. I mean if Spiderman and co had just left the guy alone literally nothing would have happened.

Yeah but unfortunately we don't all read spiderman comics in our spare time. The twist was obvious anyway, in a way...but again it just killed the villain by instantly turning him into an unthreatening joke character. I mean, there's a limit to how many times you can pull that trick, which is somewhere between no times at all and maybe once. Marvel seem to shove into into films the way restuarants like shoving unwanted tomatoes into burgers.

decorativeed

To be fair, they need to service the source material to some degree. And that source material is 55 years old and from a disposable artform. It's always going to be clichéd to some extent. I'd say that mainstream comic book films that are shockingly original are also exceedingly uncommon.

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Partner has decided End Game was the end of marvel films for her. Will really have to fight tooth and nail to watch it with her - our first date was actually the first iron man film!
Honey, let's move on to the fourth phase of our relationship!

Great movie. I quite liked the childishness and the cardboard villain (especially that plot twist in the end). So much for the anonymity anyway, with his aunt handling the whole Spider-Man charity :lol: