Film Spider-Man: Far From Home

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Yeah I found the characters strangely relatable. The awkwardness seemed genuine...but then the competition as you said was Toby Maguire, who was likable only because you knew he got bullied by people like you (i.e. everyone)

I like the girlfriend actress as well, whoever she is...although I prefered her just being a sarcastic nuisance in the last film.
Yeah, they were very sweet together. Also, as she’s a striking gazelleish model type, and he’s obviously quite a short arse, I look forward to how creatively they’re going to have to film them in the inevitable 20 forthcoming sequels....

Hmmm, other than a 'twist' anyone who'd ever read a Spider-man comic or watched a cartoon would have seen coming as soon as they announced Mysterio, I don't see much of a similarity. I really enjoyed this, but can't stand IM3.
Tbf, even ignoring the “twist” bit, his motivation was still pretty identical to not only every Iron Man villain, but also the very last Spider-Man villain... i.e. “Tony Stark was a dick and fecked me over once...now I’m going to destroy the world!!”... which is admirable in a sense that the primo Marvel hero was such a rounded character that his unquestionable dickishness can have spawned a whole stable of quite reasonably motivated villains (I was definitely on Michael Keaton’s side!)... but also, not exactly original.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
it turns out Nick Fury and Maria Hill we’ve seen throughout the scene are Skrulls (from captain marvel) who are working with Fury. Fury is deep in space with a load of skrulls working on something. The Skrulls seem completely friendly though.
I was one of those idiots that missed the 2nd post-credit scene and I was absolutely sure that you were wumming, it sounds completely made up :lol:
And then I googled it.

Sylar

This is at least 10x better than IM3. Which tailed off as soon as the villain wasnt the villain but an actor.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Absolutely loved this! but only caught the mid credit scene and missed the skrulls scene at the end.

Great movie though, thought some of the effects as spiderman is jumping around were fantastic, my daughter thought she could ruin it by telling me during the film that Mysterio would turn out to be a bad guy ..... no shit! clearly must get her to read more comics rather than base all her knowledge off the films. Fancy thinking I wouldn't know that Mysterio was a super villain!

Only down side was ordering sweet popcorn and realising once sitting down that they'd given me cheesy popcorn, which as suspected was utterly vile.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I enjoyed it. Thought the illusions were great and it was nice to see Prague get some love despite it feeling slightly weird having Spiderman out of NY. Tom Holland is so good in the lead.

The second credit scene meant nothing to me.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I actually loved it and I generally don't like Marvel.

I haven't even watched the previous spiderman but this one was good. The actress playing MJ was so good. I really liked changing her role from the helpless damsel in distress to the cute smartass know it all. The actress really played that role well.

Sylar

Zendaya is great. Do like her awkward chemistry with Tom Holland.

I landed on clips of amazing Spiderman and wow there's a huge difference in both acting and presentation. Sony really did a bad job with a fairly easy character given Spidey might have the best gallery of villains

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Didn't like it as much as the first. Still prefer it to all the other instalments in terms of quality. Nothing will beat Toby in terms of comedy though.

Heardy

Finally saw this today. I thought it was great! Tom Holland is great as Spider-Man - head and shoulders above Maguire and Garfield’s versions. Spider-Man is great now free from Sony.

The Skrull post credit scene went over my head though - what was the link there? No real idea what it was alluding to.

Loved the first post credit scene - interested to see what happens with an unmasked Peter Parker.

Oldyella

Finally saw this today. I thought it was great! Tom Holland is great as Spider-Man - head and shoulders above Maguire and Garfield’s versions. Spider-Man is great now free from Sony.

The Skrull post credit scene went over my head though - what was the link there? No real idea what it was alluding to.

Loved the first post credit scene - interested to see what happens with an unmasked Peter Parker.
In the comics there is a branch of Shield called Sword. Designed to protect earth from threats from space. It looks like fury has been working with the skrulls from Ms marvel to create something similar although we don't really know.

Rooney1987

I've read conflicting reports so the deal for Disney Marvel ie Fiege to produce is over but is the deal to use MCU characters in Spiderman movies and Spidey in Avengers also over? because MCU using Fury in Far From Home knowing this was happening would be odd.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Would be very disappointed if he’s not part of the MCU.

LonelyFire

I've read conflicting reports so the deal for Disney Marvel ie Fiege to produce is over but is the deal to use MCU characters in Spiderman movies and Spidey in Avengers also over? because MCU using Fury in Far From Home knowing this was happening would be odd.
As it stands, all of the above is done. Given the way Far From Home finished, this is a big blow for the MCU

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Same actor & same director so they should be fine. Will be interesting to see which baddie they get. Kraven the Hunter please.
A big part of the appeal for this particular version of Spiderman was his connection to the MCU, with that gone it leaves it in a shit spot.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
A big part of the appeal for this particular version of Spiderman was his connection to the MCU, with that gone it leaves it in a shit spot.
With Stark dead, Spiderman's real emotional connection to whatever the Avengers is now is gone. I think they can tell a great story without cameos from Nick Fury or the woman from How I met you Mother.

Give it a few years and Sony and Marvel will get their act together for the inevitable Secret Wars film that can bring the whole gang (inc Tony, Vision, Black Widow and Cap) back together.

Rooney1987

As it stands, all of the above is done. Given the way Far From Home finished, this is a big blow for the MCU
Reading the Deadline report it seemed Disney didn't budge on how much they wanted in terms of the % in box office. Everyone pointing the finger is Sony as stupid as they can be but I doubt they would want to set up Happy and Fury in Far From Home to then just drop it. Just speculating but seems like a power move by Disney knowing Sony would get the hate.

Bojan11

Reading the Deadline report it seemed Disney didn't budge on how much they wanted in terms of the % in box office. Everyone pointing the finger is Sony as stupid as they can be but I doubt they would want to set up Happy and Fury in Far From Home to then just drop it. Just speculating but seems like a power move by Disney knowing Sony would get the hate.
Well Disney wanted 50:50 split, which I can see why Sony said no to. The last non Disney spiderman movie did 700m.

Sylar

But Sony gave Spidey to MCU, who had to reboot a reboot cos Sony just didnt get the character. They will do a movie / continuation but at the same time given how Venom was (which still did 800m worldwide), its going to be ... well... something.

I think Sony just wanted Venom and Spidey in the same movie. But Disney I dont blame for wanting 50% given they do all the work except the posters.

Andy_Cole

Heard Disney looking to pull out due to image rights. They want superheroes who want to play for the club rather than just for money.

Traub

If they don’t reach a deal, next Spidey movie will most probably be another shite venom crossover

Untied

This feels like karma for Disney trying to use Spider-Man as their Iron Man replacement. Maybe build around a character you actually own the rights for.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
To be fair to Sony, if I had a deal with someone at 5% and they demanded an increase to 50% because something I just did grossed a tonne of money then I'd tell them to feck off as well. They were lauded for Into the Spiderverse and Far From Home just became their highest grossing film. Just because a Marvel director was involved in the latest movie doesn't justify that big a hike in profit sharing.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Sony made Into the Spider-verse, yeah? Just make that the new franchise. It shits on any of the live-action movies and 95% of the MCU.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
MCU loses another interesting character then.

AaronRedDevil

Kind of funny that Sony just acquired Insomniac games who made the spider man games and now pulling out of the MCU.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
feck off Sony. Disgusting weasels. The Sony Spider-Man movies sucked, especially the second one (unwatchable).

Pretty obvious we are going to get a Spider-Man vs Venom Sony movie, not set in the MCU, when we all thought it was going to be the other way around (Tom Hardy moving to the MCU).

Hard blow to the MCU. Not sure Cpt.Marvel, Black Panther and the Guardians of the Galaxy can't mantain the 1-2 billion level of 2012-19. Also, it's sad that Fox still has the rights of Fantastic 4 and X-Men; the last movies of both franchises have been awful, and by that I mean franchise-killers.

If DCEU plays their cards right, we may witness a changing of the guard (WW and Aquaman very popular, upcoming Batman and Joker movies, etc).

Member 39557

feck off Sony. Disgusting weasels. The Sony Spider-Man movies sucked, especially the second one (unwatchable).

Pretty obvious we are going to get a Spider-Man vs Venom Sony movie, not set in the MCU, when we all thought it was going to be the other way around (Tom Hardy moving to the MCU).

Hard blow to the MCU. Not sure Cpt.Marvel, Black Panther and the Guardians of the Galaxy can't mantain the 1-2 billion level of 2012-19. Also, it's sad that Fox still has the rights of Fantastic 4 and X-Men; the last movies of both franchises have been awful, and by that I mean franchise-killers.

If DCEU plays their cards right, we may witness a changing of the guard (WW and Aquaman very popular, upcoming Batman and Joker movies, etc).
You do know that Disney now owns Fox, right?

Sylar

DCCU will come nowhere near MCU, even without Spiderman. They dropped the ball big time on that.

Also at first I was like 'aghh feck Sony'. But then if Disney do want 50% of, part of me is thinking, did they pay good money to get the rights for using Spidey in MCU? I thought Disney only taking 5% + 100% merch or whatever was to offset the price of actually paying to use Spidey in the first place?

Skills

Snitch
What's the connection between Sony, Disney and Marvel? Who owns what?

LonelyFire

Massively depends on how well they can do the Fantastic Four in my opinion.
I mean in terms of how they finished FFH with Peter Parker in general - the handing over of the torch from Iron Man etc. They clearly had a direction and now all of that is gone because of excessive greed on both sides.