Film Spider-Man: Far From Home

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Whats in it for Sony? Wouldnt it be better for them to keep using it?
I read somewhere the deal is that Sony take all the money from the Spidey MCU merchandise.

GBBQ

Whats in it for Sony? Wouldnt it be better for them to keep using it?
Part of the deal (IIRC) is that they need to keep making movies every number of years or lose the rights. I don't think they could have rebooted Spiderman after the last one with Andrew Garfield and Jamie Foxx was so badly received. This way they retain the rights, make a nice profit, spread the cost and have him interact in some of the biggest earning movies of the past decade.

arthurka

I read somewhere the deal is that Sony take all the money from the Spidey MCU merchandise.
Part of the deal (IIRC) is that they need to keep making movies every number of years or lose the rights. I don't think they could have rebooted Spiderman after the last one with Andrew Garfield and Jamie Foxx was so badly received. This way they retain the rights, make a nice profit, spread the cost and have him interact in some of the biggest earning movies of the past decade.
Ok that looks way too one sided. What is in it for Marvel then ? :lol:

GBBQ

Ok that looks way too one sided. What is in it for Marvel then ? :lol:
Having Spiderman in their films. Easily their most recognizable character so I think that on its own is a huge difference maker for the MCU.

arthurka

Having Spiderman in their films. Easily their most recognizable character so I think that on its own is a huge difference maker for the MCU.
Yeah that makes sense. But money is normally what goes in Hollywood so there must be something good on Marvels end financially.
But I fully agree with the notion that Sony had come to a dead end with Spidey and Marvel did a good job on rebooting him into their franchise.
There was also some talk about Sony gaining the rights for some players in the Spidey world, some they will use in the Venom franchise now.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Releases in HK on June 28, I watched the show at 0000 :D

Oldyella

Yea, very enjoyable. Make sure you stay till the end.
Great news. Glad the first film after end game is decent. Interesting to see if there is any drop off in the box office performance now.

Reddy Rederson

Just back from the cinema. A solid effort, seven out of ten.

Do not click this if you havent seen it.
So, are we to assume that fury has been gone this whole time? Its never been actually him in any of the movies, with the exception of captain marvel?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Just back from the cinema. A solid effort, seven out of ten.

Do not click this if you havent seen it.
So, are we to assume that fury has been gone this whole time? Its never been actually him in any of the movies, with the exception of captain marvel?
I assumed it was just this film, also explains why he didn't see through Mysterio.

0le

Partner has decided End Game was the end of marvel films for her. Will really have to fight tooth and nail to watch it with her - our first date was actually the first iron man film!

Reddy Rederson

I assumed it was just this film, also explains why he didn't see through Mysterio.
Space thing threw me off. Im thinking of them being too far away for quick travel. Forgetting about the jump gates and what not and the fact its a movie series with talking trees. Of all the things that marvel series has given us, everyone in FFH using a sony xperia is the most unbelievable thing Ive seen yet :D.

Member 39557

Partner has decided End Game was the end of marvel films for her. Will really have to fight tooth and nail to watch it with her - our first date was actually the first iron man film!
She's put in a good shift. Let her relax away from comic book films for a while.

Sanche7

For me that was excellent top 5 marvels. That end credit scene was the best they have ever done.
Where does the movie stand in comparison to the other great Marvel movies? For me these have been the best of the lot, in no specific order - Endgame, Infinity war, winter soldier, Ragnarok, GOTG, Civil war

mancan92

Where does the movie stand in comparison to the other great Marvel movies? For me these have been the best of the lot, in no specific order - Endgame, Infinity war, winter soldier, Ragnarok, GOTG, Civil war
I think it depends. Many people have different feelings with marvel films. My favourites are similar to yours but I liked and didn't love homecoming. Felt like this was a more inventive and bigger movie but people might not like that.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
They are pushing Spidey hard as the new poster boy of the MCU. Back to 2002-2007, when Spider-Man was the biggest hero in the world, and Iron Man a mostly forgotten superhero by mainstream audiences.

Andersons Dietician

Watched it today and thought it was quite fun. Not sure if I’d Say top 5 but it’s up there. I had to rush out to get on shift so I saw the Immediate end clip, but I gather there was another one? Anyone got the details?

Edit: nevermind I googled it.

Last edited:

decorativeed

If people haven't learned this by now with Marvel...
Just come out of the cinema and half the audience left as soon as the credits started rolling, and it was a sold out showing. What's wrong with these gimps?

I loved this one, can't believe they kept that
piece of end credits casting
under wraps either. Mysterio was possibly the most comic book accurate character in any of these films too.

Sylar

Cannot wait for the next phase now. Surprised most of my cinema stayed for the first credit scene
Then left and didn't stay for the second ...

This was an awesome movie. Casting is great

lawliet354

Just saw it, I like it a lot better than Homecoming, now it's probably my favorite Spider-man movie. Jack Gyllenhaal is amazing as usual and with Tom Holland we finally see the perfect blend between Peter Parker and Spider-man. A really great, fun movie.

The scene where Spider-man got trapped in Mysterio's illusion is one of the best scenes I've watched in MCU, the Iron Man zombie especially is so frightening

Sylar

Just saw it, I like it a lot better than Homecoming, now it's probably my favorite Spider-man movie. Jack Gyllenhaal is amazing as usual and with Tom Holland we finally see the perfect blend between Peter Parker and Spider-man. A really great, fun movie.

The scene where Spider-man got trapped in Mysterio's illusion is one of the best scenes I've watched in MCU, the Iron Man zombie especially is so frightening
That illusion was a mindfck and really well done. Imagine going through something like that and not knowing when it begins and when it ends.

Oldyella

This was really really good. Easily makes top five of MCU flicks. Mysterio was brilliantly done, would love to see more of him. jake gyllenhaal is always great.

Effects were incredible, the illusion effects were so good. Imagine how mind bending him against Dr Strange could be. Peter stepping up as the new Tony is perfect.

Intrigued for what comes next now, especially given the end credits reveal.

Wal2Fra

It was ok as far as movies goes. Nothing special. I find Marvel is just all action and the stories are a second thought. They just ask "where can we throw in sfx?" and base it all from there.

Probably doesn't help I watched Toy Story 4 just 2 days ago so that was very fresh.

kps88

Both end credit scenes made me wish the movie itself went in that direction.

mancan92

It was ok as far as movies goes. Nothing special. I find Marvel is just all action and the stories are a second thought. They just ask "where can we throw in sfx?" and base it all from there.

Probably doesn't help I watched Toy Story 4 just 2 days ago so that was very fresh.
I feel the complete opposite. Everything in marvel movies is basically the serve the bigger picture. The story and the linking elements are far more important than the action. This movie for example was about 70% teenage rom com and only 30% actual action.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Enjoyed this, the plot and end credit really makes you think about things.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Watched it with my wife today, we really enjoyed it. Got a few laughs out of us both. :)

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Saw it yesterday, really enjoyed it. The only part of the movie that felt out of place for me was:

Mysterio's reveal, we obviously knew he was going to be a villain anyway like he is in the comics, but the way they shoehorned it into the scene after Peter left the bar just felt forced and out of place for me. Everyone bursting into laughter and the 'get this costume off me' before stepping onto the bar, felt almost like a pantomime bordering on a musical number, then thanking each person while meticulously detailing their involvement (like they weren't already aware) it just harked back to cliches of villains explaining their masterplan to the hero before losing. I feel like that scene could have been done a lot better to get across his motivations.

Rest of the film was great, especially the end credit scenes.

Happy trying to throw the shield was hilarious

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Saw it yesterday, really enjoyed it. The only part of the movie that felt out of place for me was:

Mysterio's reveal, we obviously knew he was going to be a villain anyway like he is in the comics, but the way they shoehorned it into the scene after Peter left the bar just felt forced and out of place for me. Everyone bursting into laughter and the 'get this costume off me' before stepping onto the bar, felt almost like a pantomime bordering on a musical number, then thanking each person while meticulously detailing their involvement (like they weren't already aware) it just harked back to cliches of villains explaining their masterplan to the hero before losing. I feel like that scene could have been done a lot better to get across his motivations.

Rest of the film was great, especially the end credit scenes.

Happy trying to throw the shield was hilarious
agree it was done really quickly but I can understand why they did it that way, it was more for the viewers benefit to understand who they are and their motivations. But agree it could have been done in a different way, guess they didn't want to use valuable screen time going through it in huge detail.

lawliet354

That illusion was a mindfck and really well done. Imagine going through something like that and not knowing when it begins and when it ends.
The last action scene where Peter finally used his spidey-sense is also amazing, that's probably one of my favorite action scenes in the whole MCU. And the moment where Peter stops Mysterio trying to shoot him is also excellent, Tom Holland's expression there is just amazing.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Is there a time limit before we can actually stop using spoilers?
The movie was light which is a change of pace from all the previous MCUs. A bit too much on the HS rom-com would be my only criticism

Sylar

The last action scene where Peter finally used his spidey-sense is also amazing, that's probably one of my favorite action scenes in the whole MCU. And the moment where Peter stops Mysterio trying to shoot him is also excellent, Tom Holland's expression there is just amazing.
You mean

Peter-Tingle :lol: