g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Splits in the camp

Robbie Boy

Honestly, up until Spurs I don't think many were backing Jose at all (post-Brighton I said that the fans were pretty much split three ways between the board, Jose, and the players, with most blaming a combination of Jose and the board) and then he did that utterly transparent bollocks with the Stretty and it literally turned 180 degrees, with the plane banner the next game and it's been building ever since. I just hope it doesn't lead to Pogba going off the back of fan pressure because if he left, feck me will we be in trouble. People can say we lost Becks, RVN, Cantona, et al but we lost them from a position of strength - not when we're fecking midtable!
I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, the reaction to the Spurs game was one of the most bizarre reactions to a game I’ve ever witnessed on here. I mean, people were falling over themselves to praise Mourinho all because he ‘tried’ to play football for half an hour. I’m sorry but it was Spurs at Old Trafford and we got hammered, what the feck am I missing here?

As for Pogba, he’s done if Jose somehow manages to stay. Even if he goes, Pogba may well be off anyway.

Nickthepip

Away fans might well push out one of the most talented midfielders of this generation in order to back a failing, toxic manager who has disrespected the entire club to save his own face. Well done, best supporters in the league indeed.
People who pay hard earned cash and get in a bus at 5am to go and watch United away have far more right to express how they feel than someone posting on an online forum.

They aren’t responsible for representing your views, they are expressing their own.

Cloud7

That's exactly my fear. The media and Jose have well and truly fecked us. The backing of the manager is the one I don't get. These players are not bad at all. The world cup showed that. Yet Jose can't seem to get a tune out of them, surely that is what they should be questioning, not Pogba - who if it wasn't for the presence of, we'd be fecking nearer 17th than 7th!
I hope these fans follow Mourinho to his next club, since they adore him so much. They should have followed Moyes after chanting his name when he had us spiraling to the bottom, but now they have another chance.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
People who pay hard earned cash and get in a bus at 5am to go and watch United away have far more right to express how they feel than someone posting on an online forum.

They aren’t responsible for representing your views, they are expressing their own.
And I have every right to express my opinion of them on an online forum. I pay money for my internet.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mou is obsessed with the grafters and the donkeys so id say Fellaini, Matic, lingard Smalling, Valencia and Young are in the pro Mou camp

rotherham_red

That makes for sad reading. Can't really blame the fans though, everyone has their breaking point.

Pogba and Jose fighting this 'war' to the press emphasizes how poorly this club has been run post SAF. Both of them should be kicked out of the club if you ask me.
I dunno. If Pogba actually disrespected the club I'd agree with you, but he only relayed what we sing every week. He did his power play against Jose earlier in the season after 6 months of Jose's childish antics post-Sanchez and his post-match Wolves comments were pretty tame in comparison to what he said post-Leicester.

Fully agree with your last sentence though, both of them are to blame for where we are right now and their selfish actions are going to lead to a horrendous season. I think Jose's position is irredeemable realistically, because it would mean he would have had to totally change how he sees the game, which we know won't happen and it will likely mean that he's gone either at the end of the season or when top 4 is mathematically impossible (because our board are fecking cowards and won't sack a manager until they absolutely have to). I used to think Pogba will be fine as long as Jose's gone and that the fans could see through the BS and take his performances, but the reaction I saw from the fans after that substitution gives me doubts. Like I said, I'd never seen it like that, ever. We usually pride ourselves on backing our own to the hilt, but that was fecking nasty.

Heinzesight

Zlatan was a great link between Jose and the players...since his injury and leaving the harmony is the squad has gone to shit.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I have terrible hearing but the West Ham fans were laughing at one point and said the away fans were singing something against Mourinho so let's not act like they are all some deluded idiots up Mourinho's ass. Especially when some of you have your heads up Pogba's ass anyway.

ZAGREB RED

If there are splits in the camp, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mourinho has caused at least some of them, if not all. Machiavelli is his middle name, I think his main aim right now is to ensure he gets sacked and doesn't have to resign to get a better pay-off.

rotherham_red

I have terrible hearing but the West Ham fans were laughing at one point and said the away fans were singing something against Mourinho so let's not act like they are all some deluded idiots up Mourinho's ass. Especially when some of you have your heads up Pogba's ass anyway.
I was there, no one said a peep against Jose. In fact, the songs that were sung about him were Mourinho's Red Army and the Jose Mourinho song. If there was criticism, it was said in hushed tones between groups of two and three, nothing substantial at all.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
I was there, no one said a peep against Jose. In fact, the songs that were sung about him were Mourinho's Red Army and the Jose Mourinho song. If there was criticism, it was said in hushed tones between groups of two and three, nothing substantial at all.
Didn't you make that thread about protesting against the board? Next game there was a plane banner about Woodward.

Time to work your magic again :smirk:

Esquire

Just come back from the game, and I've never seen our away end as toxic as it was today when Pogba was subbed. Both Jose and Pogba have brought it on themselves with their egotistical and childish cold war in the media and the fans are, like you say, definitely divided now. This has all the hallmarks of the Jose meltdown and the blame is on Jose and the board. Absolutely disgusted with what I saw today.
When you say toxic, what do you mean? Like people booing or what

Esquire

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, the reaction to the Spurs game was one of the most bizarre reactions to a game I’ve ever witnessed on here. I mean, people were falling over themselves to praise Mourinho all because he ‘tried’ to play football for half an hour. I’m sorry but it was Spurs at Old Trafford and we got hammered, what the feck am I missing here?

As for Pogba, he’s done if Jose somehow manages to stay. Even if he goes, Pogba may well be off anyway.
But to be fair Pogba was poor today. He didn’t look like he gave a feck either. No buying into the Jose PR machine but Pogba and his agent have done themselves no favour and they clearly are agitating for a move. YOu cannot equate people getting on Pogba with supporting Mou. They can be dealt with as seperate issues surely?

MV12

Excuse the pun but we should really be 'united'.

But hey this is a reflection of the way of the world is atm. Microcosm-Macrocosm

You think I'm joking?

Robbie Boy

But to be fair Pogba was poor today. He didn’t look like he gave a feck either. No buying into the Jose PR machine but Pogba and his agent have done themselves no favour and they clearly are agitating for a move. YOu cannot equate people getting on Pogba with supporting Mou. They can be dealt with as seperate issues surely?
To be completely honest I think Pogba has acted like a colossal cnut. I don't have a side, I just want this circus to end and Mourinho to go.

Esquire

To be completely honest I think Pogba has acted like a colossal cnut. I don't have a side, I just want this circus to end and Mourinho to go.
People are so afraid of blowing things up again and rebuild only 3 years into Mou’s regime. I’m not so sure why that is so unattractive because this experiment clearly has failed. It’s become necessary. Players (not just Pogba and Martial), managers and management all warrant scrutiny. That’s how you get this circus to end.

Coxy

The fact he wasn’t backed in the summer is mental. If the board didn’t want him then why the feck was he kept on.
How much backing does the guy need? I agree the team still needs investment - but we’ve spent a fortune. We’re losing against teams who have spent far less than us

fellaini's barber

I don't take this split stories too seriously, our players are a bunch of pansies first of all, secondly most of them haven't been here long enough, or are good enough to be taking 'sides' on anything

Robbie Boy

People are so afraid of blowing things up again and rebuild only 3 years into Mou’s regime. I’m not so sure why that is so unattractive because this experiment clearly has failed. It’s become necessary. Players (not just Pogba and Martial), managers and management all warrant scrutiny. That’s how you get this circus to end.
Yup, it's a collective blame. Best place to start is binning Mourinho.

Robbie Boy

How much backing does the guy need? I agree the team still needs investment - but we’ve spent a fortune. We’re losing against teams who have spent far less than us
Think you're picking me up wrong. I'm glad he wasn't backed to buy dross like Willian and Maguire. But the board gave him a new contract and then proceeded to not get him the players that he wanted. It all just seems peculiar and like the board weren't unanimous in giving him the new contract.

Macca7

Hear, Hear. Added to the fact Pogba is a complete tool and deserves to be nowhere near the club with his actions off the pitch and shite displays on it. I am by no means a Mourinho fan either. If it was up to me they would both be gone.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Mourinho will walk, sooner or later, I have no doubt about it. Thing is, Zidane comes, he'll do great the first season he's here, depending how much he'll be here he may even do well for the 1.5 season (we probably won't win the league, FA Cup perhaps, maybe some Europa League win or a good run in the CL) and after that everything will go to shit again. We've seen it with Moyes, LVG and now Mourinho, it will be no different under whoever the feck comes in next, players will always find a reason why they don't like the manager, sooner or later, we genuinely need to re-do most of the structures at this club, stop throwing idiotic money at fecking wankers of players and managers and then perhaps some stability and sanity will be retained.

The player power plot from players who have achieved feck all at this club is hilarious to say the least. It was sort of understandable under Moyes when we've still had Rios, Rooneys et al. but if some kind of power struggle is led by sulking Martial, dablord and some other pawns who have shown nothing at all at United, we're trully fecked.

fellaini's barber

What does being good enough have to do with a player having a personal opinion?
What sort of opinion? Going against a manager?Sorry but I don't see players like Young, Valencia, Jones, Lingard, Herrera, Mata etc exactly ganging up to decide they want to oust Mourinho or want him to stay as no one should be listening to them in the first place. Imagine Valencia or Lingard downing tools, what fecking tools

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I dunno. If Pogba actually disrespected the club I'd agree with you, but he only relayed what we sing every week. He did his power play against Jose earlier in the season after 6 months of Jose's childish antics post-Sanchez and his post-match Wolves comments were pretty tame in comparison to what he said post-Leicester.

Fully agree with your last sentence though, both of them are to blame for where we are right now and their selfish actions are going to lead to a horrendous season. I think Jose's position is irredeemable realistically, because it would mean he would have had to totally change how he sees the game, which we know won't happen and it will likely mean that he's gone either at the end of the season or when top 4 is mathematically impossible (because our board are fecking cowards and won't sack a manager until they absolutely have to). I used to think Pogba will be fine as long as Jose's gone and that the fans could see through the BS and take his performances, but the reaction I saw from the fans after that substitution gives me doubts. Like I said, I'd never seen it like that, ever. We usually pride ourselves on backing our own to the hilt, but that was fecking nasty.
/but the fans were shouting 'attack, attack, attack'. Maybe there is a divide and the Jose fans just drown out the others? It's not helping for sure. Hop Ed realise they don't represent all fans.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
What sort of opinion? Going against a manager?Sorry but I don't see players like Young, Valencia, Jones, Lingard, Herrera, Mata etc exactly ganging up to decide they want to oust Mourinho or want him to stay as no one should be listening to them in the first place
Whatever opinion they want. I'm sorry but I don't see how good they are at football has any relevance at all. Who said anyone is listening to them? That doesn't stop them having an opinion on Mourinho and the situation. They aren't sitting there at training like nah lads I'm shite so I don't care.

Most of the people on here can barely kick a call and no one cares what any of us think and yet here we are with opinions. Uninformed opinions at that.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Just come back from the game, and I've never seen our away end as toxic as it was today when Pogba was subbed. Both Jose and Pogba have brought it on themselves with their egotistical and childish cold war in the media and the fans are, like you say, definitely divided now. This has all the hallmarks of the Jose meltdown and the blame is on Jose and the board. Absolutely disgusted with what I saw today.
Just read all your posts on this. The thing is, there is nothing more unforgivable for us supporters than players that couldn't give a toss. Part of me thinks "let him have it" because of the way he's acted. We could have the shittiest manager going, but when Pogba does what he's done then he's fair game. No matter what you think of Jose, Pogba is the one speaking out of turn and making a mockery of the club. By the sounds of it he doesn't even want to be here. That puts him at the bottom of the food chain as far as supporters are concerned.

rotherham_red

/but the fans were shouting 'attack, attack, attack'. Maybe there is a divide and the Jose fans just drown out the others? It's not helping for sure. Hop Ed realise they don't represent all fans.
Yeah they'll shout attack, attack, attack but as a matter of principle they'll back the manager over a player - even when it's patently clear that, that manager is ill-suited to us. But I think what's feeding the hatred more, is the perception of Pogba wanting out despite there being nothing to corroborate it - The Barca move is a non-factor - they literally can't afford what it would take to a) release him from Utd; and b) his wages even if they did manage to achieve a). The fans have played right into Jose's hands. He knew what he was doing with the bizarre Stretty love-in post-Spurs and he was waiting for his moment to use the good feeling it generated for him against Pogba after using it to poison the fanbase against Woodward at Burnley.

Greck

Wouldnt take the boos too seriously. We already know our fanbase is split. If even 20% of fans at a match are against him that's still a couple thousand people to boo him

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Yeah they'll shout attack, attack, attack but as a matter of principle they'll back the manager over a player - even when it's patently clear that, that manager is ill-suited to us. But I think what's feeding the hatred more, is the perception of Pogba wanting out despite there being nothing to corroborate it - The Barca move is a non-factor - they literally can't afford what it would take to a) release him from Utd; and b) his wages even if they did manage to achieve a). The fans have played right into Jose's hands. He knew what he was doing with the bizarre Stretty love-in post-Spurs and he was waiting for his moment to use the good feeling it generated for him against Pogba after using it to poison the fanbase against Woodward at Burnley.
The fans are being manipulated by Jose. He leaked all this stuff about Pogba I bet. To be honest, I was amazed how much support Chelsea fans at their games had for him during their nightmare season, so I guess he's gotten to some of our fans in this way. However, with Chelsea fans, I could understand because he was the one who came in and started Chelsea on their winning streak. There would be an element of being grateful for what he'd done for them. However at United, we have no such history with him, it's completely baffling why he still gets that support. You're right, the media also has a lot to do with it.

We should remember though, the fans at games are only a portion of the whole fanbase. Other fans also spend money on subscriptions for Sky/BT or whatever - so money is spent whether fans are physically at the game or not. Therefore all fans have a say and I think the majority are completely over Jose and no longer buying his bs.

It's ironic that they booed LVG mercilessly, and he never disrespected the club on the scale of Mourinho.