Music Spotify

Handjob Bob

And e(r) must 8(on) this tagline
Anybody using this yet?

Listen to any song you want in full for free, here's a video to show you how it works if you dont know much about it.

http://www.spotify.com/en/

Will it give itunes a run for its money? I think what sets Spotify apart is that you can search for a particular song & the search results offer many versions of this song.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Just downloaded it. It seems pretty good so far. Still yet to hear any audio ads so can't say how obtrusive they are. A good range of music, most stuff is on there, some is not. I guess it's a growing library.

I don't really listen to much music at the computer so it seems perfect for the odd bit of cost free listening or listening to a record before commiting to the purchase. And it sure beats downloading Gigs of data via a torrent only to delete most of it later.

El B

Ive been using this for a while, it got a bit laggy a couple of weeks ago and songs would skip or the stream would stop, i haven't been using it since. Is it running any better now? Seems cool though, the ads dont seem to be very common either

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Downloaded it a few days ago.

Haven't listened to anything on it yet. Couldn't find any of the songs I wanted, so typed in "Oasis" as a test. Came up with three songs, two of which weren't by them.

It's crap.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I've changed my mind somewhat. It's quite good, but it's still frustrating how much stuff isn't on there.

Over the past two weeks I've managed to listen to all three of "The Music's" albums though. Which was helpful, since they're about £20 each in HMV (£20 for an album? feck off)

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Yeh, it's really good. Search "Deezer" on Google for something similar.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
It's mint. But the adverts seems to be getting more frequent, which is annoying. I preferred it when it was just adverts about sex online or summit. Now I have to listen to extracts of songs from feckin Greenday and the like. I feckin hate Greenday and the more they advertise their stupid albums on spotify the more I'm going to have the urge to remove Billy Joel's larynx with a rusty spoon.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Just skip to the next song a few seconds from the end of the previous one after every 2-3 songs. Think this resets whatever's counting down to the advert break and preFindanyfilm.com, fancy a film about night? Arabian Nights? Nightwatch, A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Black Knight, One Night At McCools, Night of The Living Dead, The Black Knight, Bladerunner, The name's Bond, James Bond. Findanyfilm.com, the best resource for ordering films, onlinevents the adverts from ever interfering between songs.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How have i only just discovered this? It's brilliant.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It is missing quite a few good albums and stuff, wonder why they aren't on there.

SmashedHombre

Is this being really anal for anyone else recently? Keep getting the message 'spotify has encountered a problem' and it just stops playing every so often

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
Yeah, its trying to link you to a advert that isn't there. Its good because you get to skip the ads.

SmashedHombre

Yeah, its trying to link you to a advert that isn't there. Its good because you get to skip the ads.
Oh right. That would explain why the only advert I ever get is that damn Kate Moss one.

'Kate Moss, considered by many to be the world's most attractive woman...'

Really? Considered by who exactly?

Biscuit1871

Had it for ages. Its alright, but does a different job to iTunes so i don't see how it could be deemed "to give iTunes a run for its money"

F-Red

Spotify momentum is gathering pace, and more artists will sign up as it does.

Far worse and less publicised web services have run for longer.
The issue isn't 'artists' signing up, but more the labels that control them.

Other 'web services' don't even come into this logic.

Spiralfrog carried the same model as Spotify & it fell flat on its arse with debt. The problem with the service is that its whole revenue stream is based upon another industry, very risky.

I looked into their business model as part of my dissertation for uni & surprisingly Spotify has yet to reveal how much money they're making (which indicates to me that its less than impressive).

It'll survive the short term, just long term i can't see it making any money for themselves.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I can't wait for them to bring this out on the iPhone.

kps88

Could anyone be kind enough to send me an invite for this?

HsJ

For my HTC, there is a spotify application which you have to pay for just to stream music.

Then there is this app called i Music. Lets you download any song straight to your phone completely free....

I wonder which is better.

Spotify are going to become the Hi5 (who were top dog before Facebook arrived) if they are not careful.