Music Spotify

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
Thanks to Makki, I'm on this. Probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway: to listen to music again that you've already listened to, do you have to make a playlist? Is that the only way to re-listen to music outside of searching for it again?

Iron Stove

Thanks to Makki, I'm on this. Probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway: to listen to music again that you've already listened to, do you have to make a playlist? Is that the only way to re-listen to music outside of searching for it again?
Pretty much.. I guess you could "star" the song, but it's essentially just another list.

mr.suave

Spotify is amazing for finding new music but they are a bunch of cnuts for imposing a limit on the number of times you can listen to a certain track. I thought the whole point of Spotify was that it was funded by advertising but now it's pretty shit unless you pay for the premium service. Twats.

Iron Stove

It's almost useless now unless you pay the price.. then it's still an amazing service.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Spotify is amazing for finding new music but they are a bunch of cnuts for imposing a limit on the number of times you can listen to a certain track. I thought the whole point of Spotify was that it was funded by advertising but now it's pretty shit unless you pay for the premium service. Twats.
The point was to tempt people in with the free model and then entice them to upgrade. An advertising funded model was never remotely viable.

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
I'm sick of people complaining about Spotify's free services tbf.

Seriously, you pay 10 fecking quid a month so that you can have more or less unlimited access to all mainstream music (and you can even import your own fecking non-mainstream music!) on your computer or even your telephone. You can even sync the tracks to your phone so you can listen to your playlists abroad while in offline mode without having to use a 3G connection which would cost you a lot of money, and you get all pissy because they don't let you get all that for free. Get a fecking grip, people.

olesmyhero; Did you ever get that second invite I sent you for your mate?

MikeUpNorth

I'm sick of people complaining about Spotify's free services tbf.

Seriously, you pay 10 fecking quid a month so that you can have more or less unlimited access to all mainstream music (and you can even import your own fecking non-mainstream music!) on your computer or even your telephone, and you get all pissy because they don't let you get all that for free. Get a fecking grip, people.
People have unfortunately got used to music being made worthless through piracy.

Iron Stove

Yeah, and there's a lot more than just mainstream music on there too. I find almost everything I need.

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
People have unfortunately got used to music being made worthless through piracy.
I'd rather pay 10 quid a month for the services that Spotify provide than having to trawl through countless sites to download the tracks that I want, and then having to run an anti-virus scan after I've downloaded shite from untrustworthy sites, then have them take up space on my computer and then make playlists out of them.

If that isn't everyone's cup of tea, then fair enough, but I just think that people come across as right spoilt bastards when they expect it to be free, and then when the free version hasn't got the same features/privileges as the paid version, they complain about it as hell.

MikeUpNorth

I'd rather pay 10 quid a month for the services that Spotify provide than having to trawl through countless sites to download the tracks that I want, and then having to run an anti-virus scan after I've downloaded shite from untrustworthy sites, then have them take up space on my computer and then make playlists out of them.

If that isn't everyone's cup of tea, then fair enough, but I just think that people come across as right spoilt bastards when they expect it to be free, and then when the free version hasn't got the same features/privileges as the paid version, they complain about it as hell.
I agree with you.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Hello Makki - meet Internet.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Can someone briefly explain to me how this works?

I use iTunes from time to time, but the prices are heavy and if I know I can buy the CD £3/4 cheaper off the net it puts me off using it. I occasionally download music for free, but the programme I use for that is having it's faults and after all, paying for music is what you should do.

Can songs from Spotify go straight into your iTunes album? If I have to create a brand new library of songs for Spotify then I doubt I'll use it.

Iron Stove

Can someone briefly explain to me how this works?

I use iTunes from time to time, but the prices are heavy and if I know I can buy the CD £3/4 cheaper off the net it puts me off using it. I occasionally download music for free, but the programme I use for that is having it's faults and after all, paying for music is what you should do.

Can songs from Spotify go straight into your iTunes album? If I have to create a brand new library of songs for Spotify then I doubt I'll use it.
No but you can import your Itunes library (as well as your lists) and listen to it directly in Spotify.

Baxter

I stopped using it because they limited the amount of songs you could play a month on the free version if I remember. Is that still the same or has it changed back to unlimited with ads?

phelans shorts

I stopped using it because they limited the amount of songs you could play a month on the free version if I remember. Is that still the same or has it changed back to unlimited with ads?
Changed back.

Also, I don't know how they managed to work out I was a student with the targeted ads, since I listen to stuff like Black Sabbath and the Sex Pistols at about 3AM...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm listening to it at work and haven't paid a thing.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
You can download stuff to spotify, right? If I decided to pay for a month, download lots of stuff then cancel my subscription would I still be able to listen to my downloaded stuff?

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Yeah, you can buy a song to keep it I think, but I never bother with that. It's cheaper just to spend 4.99 a month and have unlimited access to pretty much everything.

AVARiCE

I'm pretty sure he'll just be lambasted with ads every third song.
I have an account from way back that I got via invite. I stopped listening when they said they were turning all free accounts into limited ones which only had 10 hours' playtime. If it's not limited I'm going to hop straight back onto that horse!

gormless

I pay the 4.99 a month. Would quite happily pay double that. If I'm on my laptop, I'm constantly using spotify, and it actually saves me money, listening to new Springsteen album now, which costs 10 quid in shops

Skywarden

The biggest benefit having it on my smartphone is having the ability to connect it to the TV receiver easily. Very comfortable.

JohnLocke

Just 4.99 sub, don't listen to music out and about.
What's the £4.99 option? £10 a month is a bit much for me, considering I don't listen to as much music as I used to.

Also anyone use the iOS4 version. My phone is jailbroken to 4.2 and I don't want to unbreak it.

Any help much appreciated.