Spurs 2018/19

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Agree with @SquishyMcSquish in that it is only 3 games and I'll not get carried away. Having said that it has been such a great start for us - Kane has banished the August and Old Trafford hoodoo - Moura looks like a brilliant new signing and there is no sign of a world cup hangover which was a worry for me. So far so great. I'll start getting really excited if we carry this through the next 2 games and get a good result at Watford and against Liverpool but right now it's great but no real indicator of how the league will pan out.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
:lol: So one more Liverpool fan who doesn't know what he is talking about. Go and google Scouse boom bust cycle. I'm sure you have seen it every year.
Okay, so a quick Google search gave me this:

- "Wait till next season" phase. No one said that, as the consensus is that City will win the league once again. We also didn't have to say it because we had a very good season.
- Best player in the world in every position. No one said that either.
- Team is no where near as good as they thought. Well, we're top of the league with no goals conceded, which is as good as any of us could've expected, probably even better. Not applicable either.
- Rock bottom is reached after Christmas. Anyone's guess.

So, you're talking out of your ass as usual. Let's continue the Spurs talk in here though, unless you want to keep on quibbling on petty things in order to make you feel better about yourself after last night.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You really know nothing if you believe this post.
Ironic.

With few modifications since Klopp became your manager.

Nothing to do with winning league title.

roonster09

Scout
Okay, so a quick Google search gave me this:

- "Wait till next season" phase. No one said that, as the consensus is that City will win the league once again. We also didn't have to say it because we had a very good season.
- Best player in the world in every position. No one said that either.
- Team is no where near as good as they thought. Well, we're top of the league with no goals conceded, which is as good as any of us could've expected, probably even better. Not applicable either.
- Rock bottom is reached after Christmas. Anyone's guess.

So, you're talking out of your ass as usual. Let's continue the Spurs talk in here though, unless you want to keep on quibbling on petty things in order to make you feel better about yourself after last night.
So you had no clue or idea about what boom bust was and somehow started to post randomly when I said it has nothing to do with winning league.

I don't give a feck about last night. So yeah, like I said you are one more clueless Liverpool fan who haven't got a clue on what you are posting.

Saw boom bust and went all defensive with league and all the nonsense.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Ironic.

With few modifications since Klopp became your manager.

Nothing to do with winning league title.
It's always been about the title.

I'd expect this from someone who started watching football in the past five years or so. Do you really know nothing about the history and culture of all this?

roonster09

Scout
It's always been about the title.

I'd expect this from someone who started watching football in the past five years or so. Do you really know nothing about the history and culture of all this?
Well that was different "next year is our year" bs.

boom bust is as showed in that pic. Best players, best manager win feck all and repeat.

Re bold part :lol: Use common sense.

roonster09

Scout
:lol::lol::lol:

Course you dont.
Why would I when I know this will end up in Jose getting sacked. :lol:

This is one more boom bust. So many Liverpool fans are posting now, will be bust in few months as usual :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
So you had no clue or idea about what boom bust was and somehow started to post randomly when I said it has nothing to do with winning league.

I don't give a feck about last night. So yeah, like I said you are one more clueless Liverpool fan who haven't got a clue on what you are posting.

Saw boom bust and went all defensive with league and all the nonsense.
Wow. Car crash of a post. You're channeling your inner TheReligion here.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
The only weakness Dembele has is that he is slow in releasing the ball forward, his moments of brilliance in carrying the ball covers this but his attacking ability both in shooting and releasing the ball quickly and effectively is frustrating. Winks on the other hand doesn’t have the physical attributes of Dembele but damn he is always looking forward. Having said that I want to keep Dembele, he has an important role in the the 1st team.
I too highly rate Dembele, but I wouldn't say it's his only weakness because he sometimes (not often) over-estimates his ability to keep the ball and fend off players around him, with the result that he can sometimes lose the ball in dangerous locations … we've conceded one or two goals from this before. Perhaps this is linked to his slowness in releasing the ball to a team-mate.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Well that was different "next year is our year" bs.

boom bust is as showed in that pic. Best players, best manager win feck all and repeat.

Re bold part :lol: Use common sense.
Don't even know what to say. You've tied yourself into knots here. Let's leave it at that and pretend this never happened.

roonster09

Scout
Wow. Car crash of a post. You're channeling your inner TheReligion here.
Ironic considering your posts.

Don't even know what to say. You've tied yourself into knots here. Let's leave it at that and pretend this never happened.
Not really, it's just your urge to be defensive whenever you see boom bust without knowing what it means.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I too highly rate Dembele, but I wouldn't say it's his only weakness because he sometimes (not often) over-estimates his ability to keep the ball and fend off players around him, with the result that he can sometimes lose the ball in dangerous locations … we've conceded one or two goals from this before. Perhaps this is linked to his slowness in releasing the ball to a team-mate.
Does he ever shoot ? When was last time he scored ?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Does he ever shoot ? When was last time he scored ?
He does occasionally shoot, not very often. Last time he scored was during the 2016-17 season.

He's never scored more than 3 times (2015-16) in a season for Spurs , and apart from that he's only scored 1 goal in each season for Spurs except for last season when didn't score at all.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What utter shite.

Winks is a good Premier League player.

Dembele is a world class footballer with a Sunday league players robustness (yes, hyperbole)

Winks has found his level and will do well to stay there.

Dembele could have won the biggest competitions in the game if he had a body that held up to it.

It's like comparing Evans to Ferdinand.
What’s utter shite? I’m not saying Winks is anywhere near Dembele’s class, but Dembele has his weaknesses along with his strengths.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
What’s utter shite? I’m not saying Winks is anywhere near Dembele’s class, but Dembele has his weaknesses along with his strengths.
Ok

So you're in agreement that Winks is a passable premier league player and Dembele is a top drawer Champions League player?

Because the post I replied to didn't suggest that.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Ok

So you're in agreement that Winks is a passable premier league player and Dembele is a top drawer Champions League player?

Because the post I replied to didn't suggest that.
There is a distinct difference in quality of them yes, but Dembele isn’t perfect even dispite his injury problems over the years. I mentioned Winks simply because he happens to have the one thing that Dembele lacks.

Dembele has had me shouting at the TV so much simply because he has so much quality in carrying the ball but there are so many occasions where he doesn’t release the ball quickly or effectively.

Roons111

Supports
spurs
Spurs will start to fade when the Champions League starts up, had the same problem last year. Squad strength still isn't quite there yet.

Agreed on Moura, thought he'd be a good buy for them. Suits their play style perfectly and they've been crying out for a strong player coming in from the right for years.
We started the season slowly (we normally do)- first half of the season 34 points, second half of the season 43. (1/3= 23pts, 2/3=25pts, 3/3=29pts) - We tend to play better after Christmas, which is when a lack of squad depth would typically be shown up.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He does occasionally shoot, not very often. Last time he scored was during the 2016-17 season.

He's never scored more than 3 times (2015-16) in a season for Spurs , and apart from that he's only scored 1 goal in each season for Spurs except for last season when didn't score at all.
He rarely shoots and I think it's been at least a year since he scored - which is annoying.
Wasn't he more of a goalscorer before he joined your team ? I seem to remember a wonder goal where he went dribble past several opponents

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Dembele is not world class ffs. He is top notch at what he does, but he lacks too much in other departments to make that grade.

roonster09

Scout
Wasn't he more of a goalscorer before he joined your team ? I seem to remember a wonder goal where he went dribble past several opponents
Think that was in Dutch league, back then he was striker or second striker/attacking mid. Then Martin Jol (at Fulham) moved him to deeper role and he was very good since then. Completely nullified his weak attribute, his finishing.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We started the season slowly (we normally do)- first half of the season 34 points, second half of the season 43. (1/3= 23pts, 2/3=25pts, 3/3=29pts) - We tend to play better after Christmas, which is when a lack of squad depth would typically be shown up.
Last season your results dropped sharply around the Champions League Group Stages.

Group Stages Begin

Swansea (H) 0-0 - Draw
West Ham (A) 2-3 - Win
Huddersfield (A) 0-4 - Win
Bournemouth (H) 1-0 - Win
Liverpool (H) 4-1 - Win

United (A) 1-0 - Loss
Palace (H) 1-0 - Win
Arsenal (A) 2-0 - Loss
West Brom (H) 1-1 - Draw
Leicester (A) 2-1 - Loss
Watford (A) 1-1 - Draw

Group Stages End

You lost 4 more games in the other 27 games and drew 5 more. Fatigue got the better of you as the games added up at that point, that's the real test of your squad, when you've got 2 games a week and that tends to happen in the first third of the season while the Champions League / Europa Group Stage Games are going (add in the EFL Cup third round and round 16 too) with the build up to the hectic Christmas period. I'd argue and say the final third of the season is relatively easy on the squad unless you're progressing in all competitions. There tends to be a pretty big gap now between games in the CL once you progress through the Group Stages.

Roons111

Supports
spurs
Last season your results dropped sharply around the Champions League Group Stages.

Group Stages Begin

Swansea (H) 0-0 - Draw
West Ham (A) 2-3 - Win
Huddersfield (A) 0-4 - Win
Bournemouth (H) 1-0 - Win
Liverpool (H) 4-1 - Win

United (A) 1-0 - Loss
Palace (H) 1-0 - Win
Arsenal (A) 2-0 - Loss
West Brom (H) 1-1 - Draw
Leicester (A) 2-1 - Loss
Watford (A) 1-1 - Draw

Group Stages End

You lost 4 more games in the other 27 games and drew 5 more. Fatigue got the better of you as the games added up at that point, that's the real test of your squad, when you've got 2 games a week and that tends to happen in the first third of the season while the Champions League / Europa Group Stage Games are going (add in the EFL Cup third round and round 16 too) with the build up to the hectic Christmas period. I'd argue and say the final third of the season is relatively easy on the squad unless you're progressing in all competitions. There tends to be a pretty big gap now between games in the CL once you progress through the Group Stages.

We lost to United and Arsenal away - rightly or wrongly we have had a reputation of not winning away to the top 6 teams, if we did not play you at this time but lost it would not be seen as unusual I do not think it points to fatigue, it had been 11 days since out CL game when we played you and we did not rotate anyone.

Not sure that is clear above but if the Man Utd and Arsenal games were not at this time the same result would have been likely, I watched those games and it was not fatigue or lack of squad that caused the losses, we lost to you because Mourinho had a gameplan and it nullified us and worked perfectly. Arsenal simply wanted it more than us we went into the game thinking we would stroll it.

Before the CL kicked off we had already lost to Chelsea and drawn to Burnley, we tend to be slow starters.

- we progressed in the FA cup & CL (Juventus was March & semi final against you in the FA cup) so the games did pile up in the second half, especially end of Jan- March we were playing two games a week and no real drop in results. (days between games at the end column)

Newport County
1:1 (0:1) -4
Manchester United 2:0 (2:0) -4
Liverpool FC 2:2 (0:1) -3
Newport County 2:0 (2:0) -3

Arsenal FC 1:0 (0:0) -3

Rochdale AFC 2:2 (0:1) -7

Crystal Palace
1:0 (0:0) -3
Rochdale AFC 6:1 (1:1) -3

Huddersfield Town 2:0 (1:0) -4

AFC Bournemouth 4:1 (1:1) -6

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fans derailing the Spurs thread again I see to talk about their own club :rolleyes:

Shame.
How likely is it that Poch would take the Utd job if offered?

Failing that, I believe Moyes still has a year remaining on his initial contract.
Good to see Liverpool fans finally crawling out of their woodwork. Boom bust cycle is at it's peak. :D
Liverpool fan asks legitimate question about Spurs' manager.

United fan can't resist to make a sly dig at said Liverpool fan.

Shame.

TheReligion

Abusive

Shame.
Eh. I take it you missed @St Red sticking the boot in about United and Moyes first?

Not sure why you lot can't just enjoy your team playing well and United struggling without acting like fools across the forum. This is the Spurs thread and last night and today it's been Liverpool fans derailing it.

roonster09

Scout

Shame.
Legitimate question :lol:

"Failing that Moyea have 1 more year on his initial contract"

And it was united fan with sly dig.