Spurs 2018/19

HNK55

Supports
Chelsea
They got outplayed first leg and were lucky it stayed 1-0. They lost today 2-1 and people are still saying Spurs did well overall?

desirere

It's actually funny how much of an 'almost team' they are. The blatant definition. And please don't put it on injuries, none gave a damn when we had half a team injured in LVGs era, they were even making fun of how bad we are. Why would I be considerate ? Was it injuries, every past season, where Spurs were "better" then us? We won 3 being shit by they way (4 if you want to count cs)...

I'm frankly astounded to how inefficiently strong they are, imaginary top 4 throphy aside.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
A professional footballer should at least get it on target.
Well actually no, professional footballers miss all the time and it very rarely has to do with it being a lottery. Which was the point I was contesting in the first place. Spurs lost on penalties because their best forwards weren't available, it's understandable and you would think they would have realised this fact but strangely enough Spurs were the ones holding on in the final 10 minutes rather than pushing for a goal.

cyberman

Well actually no, professional footballers miss all the time and it very rarely has to do with it being a lottery. Which was the point I was contesting in the first place. Spurs lost on penalties because their best forwards weren't available, it's understandable and you would think they would have realised this fact but strangely enough Spurs were the ones holding on in the final 10 minutes rather than pushing for a goal.
Its a lottery when you go for top corner.
Look at Ronaldo, Le Tissier, Cantona etc.
Rarely went for each top corner cause it narrows range of error.
It was a poor penalty based off of a poor choice.

Can't see Spurs fans being too disappointed. Losing on penalties against Chelsea with all their injuries on key players, what of it.

Besides it's only the league cup.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Amusing to see United fans laugh about Tottenham’s loss. However:

• Spurs will soon have the newest and most modern arena in the league
  • NFL games will take place in that arena - not at Old Traffied
  • The average finishing position for Tottenham over the last 5 years is much higher
  • If you exclude all seasons in which United finished higher, Man Utd have never finished above Tottenham in Premier League era
  • Younger team
  • Training facilities
  • Daniel Levy

Adarsh CU

• The average finishing position for Tottenham over the last 5 years is much higher
  • If you exclude all seasons in which United finished higher, Man Utd have never finished above Tottenham in Premier League era
  • Younger team
  • Training facilities
  • Daniel Levy
I don't know if your post is sarcasm. But this statement is really insightful :lol:

Red_Beans

• Younger team
  • Training facilities
  • Daniel Levy
:lol:

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Missing a shitload of important players up against a team that has invested about 300m more than them.

Bottlers with a doubt.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Missing a shitload of important players up against a team that has invested about 300m more than them.

Bottlers with a doubt.
I know right? The caf never ceases to deliver. I certainly had Spuds going out with their crazy injury pile up, that and I do not rate their midfield much at all. Winks, a young kid, Sissoko despite being in good form is an average footballer and Dier, who is a limited footballer and good as a midfield destroyer but that is it. That midfield for me is definitely not top 4 material.

Im surprised it went to penalties, Chelsea were(understandably) the much better side.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Agree with this, having our 4 top scorers unavailable to start (only Lucas coming on) did hurt without a doubt. I'm still disappointed though, and feel we could have managed the game better, especially the first half.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Both City and Chelsea started their respective dominance with league Cup wins

Winning breeds a habit which simply Spurs don't have.
Come off it. City and Chelsea started their respective dominance when oil money turned up. The Coca Cola Cup has nothing to do with where they are today. Billions of dollars built City and Chelsea not winning the Coca Cola Cup.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

• Younger team
  • Training facilities
  • Daniel Levy
:lol:

How's India mate?

Imran Mamdani

• Younger team
  • Training facilities
  • Daniel Levy
I don't see trophies/silverware in that list... am i missing something??

Sarni

I don't see trophies/silverware in that list... am i missing something??
They've won Net Spend Trophy, Did Not Sell Modric And Bale To Major Rivals Trophy and multiple Sold Him For More Than We Bought Him For trophies.

Mihai

• Younger team
  • Training facilities
  • Daniel Levy
:lol: The logic is strong with this one.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Well yeah, but at least we have managed to win some cups in the last years :)
Indeed. :)

Both City and Chelsea started their respective dominance with league Cup wins

Winning breeds a habit which simply Spurs don't have.
And other teams didn't, another thing those two teams also have in common is that they were the richest team when they started winning.

Sarni

:lol: The logic is strong with this one.
Glastonesque. I remember how he was trying to argue how they were a consistent top 4 team back when they weren't, by only including the seasons in which they finished top 4 but excluding almost all other seasons.

Revan

Assumptionman

• Younger team
  • Training facilities
  • Daniel Levy
Your Glaston/Wumminator's impersonification posts are a highlight on this forum.

Mihai

Glastonesque. I remember how he was trying to argue how they were a consistent top 4 team back when they weren't, by only including the seasons in which they finished top 4 but excluding almost all other seasons.
#trends :lol: