Spurs fans booed during/after 0-3 defeat. United fans silent after 0-5 defeat.

LARulz

The best fans are those who turn up each and every week and make Old Trafford and every away ground a better venue for their presence. There's better fans than me in that regard, as I have to sell a few homes matches each year and don't go to many aways. But yes, I'm happy to go on record that I think I'm better than those abroad who go online slagging off match-going fans, especially those who stand and sing.

United are better off for having those who were still singing defiantly during the 0-5 and then gave the team unconditional support a week later. The sense of entitlement at Spurs is hilarious.
Better than fans abroad? You are aware a lot of United's revenue comes from these 'foreign' fans? They are the biggest club in the WORLD not just your small bubble

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
"This is how a proper club behaves"
Said about Spurs with no trace of irony.

beer&grill

If you really believe United in would in the Championship without overseas supporters you have no place questioning other people's logic
Should I even bother replying to this? It’s not 1980 anymore. The fact that United has such a large global fanbase it’s what gets them those juicy Adidas and Chevrolet contracts. Also the merch sold worldwide. All the big clubs have huge overseas fanbases, so yeah, make of it what you want.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't think the Spurs fans have ever taken to Nuno - which probably makes it easier for them to boo.... I don't think you'd see the same reaction if, say, Ledley King was in the dugout.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
What’s your point? Are you going to have a pop at someone supporting United who lives in Northern Ireland?
I've having a pop at someone who evidently doesn't attend matches, suggesting that United's generally vocal and positive match-going support, packing out Old Trafford, is in anyway a negative for the club.

Literally nobody who attended the 0-5 reflected that United or the day itself would have been better off had the Stretford End and singing section withdrawn their support. Ditto the great atmosphere that the away fans delivered yesterday.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Not a fan of booing during the game, supporters at the ground should be supporting. When the game is over you can boo all you want.

Our match going fans generally do this which is good and bad. As they wouldn't boo Moyes and we know how that turned out.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ole was signing shirts after the 5-0 weren’t he? I don’t think our fans will properly boo him like that ever

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Should I even bother replying to this? It’s not 1980 anymore. The fact that United has such a large global fanbase it’s what gets them those juicy Adidas and Chevrolet contracts. Also the merch sold worldwide. All the big clubs have huge overseas fanbases, so yeah, make of it what you want.
No you shouldn't because you're just embarrassing yourself even more

cyberman

Your right but they're only 2 points behind us and had harder fixtures. We've still to play city and Chelsea, spurs only have Liverpool of the top teams to play.
They’re only two points behind because of how in and out we have been. It’s not reflective of the two squads imo.
Spurs downed tools when defensive Jose arrived, didn’t take to Nuno defensive style and the same thing will happen here imo. They may as well have waited to the summer, get rid of Kane and start afresh with Conte then

IrishRedDevil

I've having a pop at someone who evidently doesn't attend matches, suggesting that United's generally vocal and positive match-going support, packing out Old Trafford, is in anyway a negative for the club.

Literally nobody who attended the 0-5 reflected that United or the day itself would have been better off had the Stretford End and singing section withdrawn their support. Ditto the great atmosphere that the away fans delivered yesterday.
Where’s your evidence?

Making stuff up to suit your narrative. Top Red.

L1nk

We believe ourselves to be a far morally superior football club compared to every other club, to the detriment of the club itself.

To boo or show discontentment is to not be a real supporter, you must cheer on the manager even if they are wildly out of their depth or produce results like 0-5 against Liverpool of all teams

Pogba's Barber

Supports
Droylsden FC
Fans have the right to boo all they want, but I don't think it really influences owner's decisions much. Its a results business, and results will decide the actions of owners, in context of the bigger picture or overall plan of the 'project'

Rockets Redglare

We weren't silent. Was probably the loudest, most sustained United Calypso of the season in the last 10 minutes of the 0-5. Thankfully the Stretford End and singing section is well populated in recent seasons. Good sustained atmosphere and a critical mass of unfickle fans who support the team without entitlement. If United lose to City at the weekend, it sure as hell won't be down to a lack of vocal support and fans not attending with the intention of playing their role in loudly supporting their team.

By all means, get on the fecking ferry, paint your bed sheets and have a tantrum in the stands.
You completely missed the point he was making through your tears and angry keyboard mashing as a true red.

He didn’t say anything about lack of support, he said United fans should’ve been more vocal in a negative way to get the board to react.
Not singing support for Ole after getting humiliated at home by our biggest rivals.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Simply a comparison of another club reacting swiftly after a humiliating home defeat. The fans booing, no doubt made it an easier decision for the board.

Perhaps United fans are too soft with our underperforming managers? Have our standards dropped? This thread is to discuss that.
I’m asking a question, do you think it’s the match going fans fault then?

Withnail

You completely missed the point he was making through your tears and angry keyboard mashing as a true red.

He didn’t say anything about lack of support, he said United fans should’ve been more vocal in a negative way to get the board to react.
Not singing support for Ole after getting humiliated at home by our biggest rivals.
How does boo-ing not constitute a lack of support?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

That’s not a great way to make your point is it? I live in Northern Ireland too and I know few people whom have season tickets at Old Trafford whom fly into Manchester every other weekend. Just because someone’s not from Manchester doesn’t mean they don’t attend games.

Even if they don’t attend, like most on this forum, it doesn’t mean they’re any less of a fan. People have myriad of reasons as to why getting to Old Trafford every fortnight isn’t feasible.

charlenefan

Facts from the individual who doesn’t understand how the world works.
Again the irony :lol::lol::lol:

United would not have been relegated if we didn't have overseas supporters don't be bloody ridiculous

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Always been quite keen on the Top Red insult myself. Away ends would be Manchester postcodes only if I had it my way :)

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I think thats fantastic really. To show your team support even in the face of adversity? That what being a supporter is like

Spurs have not won shite in decades. Even huge clubs like RM, Bayern and Barcelona who regularly can sleepwalk themselves to league titles i find that kind of behavior pretty unsavory

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why is this in the football forum? Some of us have the United forum on ignore to avoid train wreck threads like these one.

If you want to boo go buy a ticket and boo as much as you fecking want. Absolute state of this armchair fanbase.

Steve Bruce

Again the irony :lol::lol::lol:

United would not have been relegated if we didn't have overseas supporters don't be bloody ridiculous
Well you don't know that either, we've been relegated before. The only reason why it's inconceivable now is because of the money generated by united and much of it comes from overseas fans.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Most people had left the stadium against Liverpool.

There were boos at half time against Atalanta.

Steve Bruce

That was what the OP was insinuating which is beyond absurd!
I'm not sure that's what he meant though, I think he's just highlighting the difference between the two sets of fans reactions...But I could be wrong, I'm sure he can answer that himself.

charlenefan

Well you don't know that either, we've been relegated before. The only reason why it's inconceivable now is because of the money generated by united and much of it comes from overseas fans.
When exactly did this relegation happen? Was it under Fergie? Or was it one of Moyes/LVG/Mourinho or Ole that got us relegated?

Sylar

Are people really blaming the match going fans for not booing enough to get the manager sacked? :lol:
Seems to be

I don't / can't go to as many games as I used to and that's life.
I think questioning those who attend behaviour is weird though.

If you want people who attend to boo, you need to be part of it IMO

Btw thousands of fans left before full time. That's more damning than booing or being stunned or supporting the club or whatever

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Nuno sacked. Quick move to get Conte.

Ole survives to smile another day. United board Spurs’d it.

Maybe sometimes the match going fans need to let their disgruntled voices be heard?

Next up, home to City...
If disgruntled, don't go then... (that's if you do go.)

Next up, home to City ... and I'll cheer the team all game and stay to the end.

And don't give me that "top red" sh!t.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Pop down to a game and get on with it then.
Yes because it's that easy right? Is this another top red comment? Will you be a top red when the club you support is winning feck all due to your always support the manager mantra, whilst clubs who's fans don't follow such top red mantra are winning everything in sight? Is that what's best for the club long term?

DavelinaJolie

To me it seems that unfollowing their social media accounts and doing anything possible to impact their bottom line are the best ways to express your annoyance at Utd.

Steve Bruce

When exactly did this relegation happen? Was it under Fergie? Or was it one of Moyes/LVG/Mourinho or Ole that got us relegated?
1974 only 6 years after being European champions.

Money has become a massive thing since then and isn't limited to the 75k that go every other week. If it was just the 75k that where putting money into the club then the club would lose hundreds of millions. The overseas fans and non match going fans contribute a massive amount towards the success of Manchester United. Take that away we be more like Newcastle, a big local support that fills the ground. How have Newcastle been going over the last 20 years?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yes because it's that easy right? Is this another top red comment? Will you be a top red when the club you support is winning feck all due to your always support the manager mantra, whilst clubs who's fans don't follow such top red mantra are winning everything in sight? Is that what's best for the club long term?
:lol: