Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
When did that become clear?

Poch would walk to Manchester in the morning if we thought he was good enough to offer him a job.
The man who turned down Real Madrid last summer (and signed a new, 5 year contract with Spurs) is desperate to join MUFC? I think not.

But let's stay on topic.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
You will probably get a few acts who put on a gig at WHL. I've seen Muse at The Emirates and many gigs at the Victoria stadium.

What you clearly won't get is anyone wanting to play WHL over Wembley - unless the Spice Girls are Spurs fans...

They won't be taking any business from Wembley, but they may attract additional acts. It's limited to the summer months, and council usually limit how many events you have. With Finsbury Park, Hyde Park, and other bigger stadia, it's a crowded market place that might bring in a couple of million a year. Rolling Stones get paid upwards of £16m per gig - it's the artists and their agents who appropriate the money.
We are already taking business away from a club who took business away from Wembley:

"Saracens will host future London derby matches against Harlequins at Tottenham's new White Hart Lane stadium, according to the club's director of rugby Mark McCall. The Premiership fixture was staged at Wembley in 2017 before it was relocated to West Ham United's London Stadium last year." http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_...host-saracens-vs-harlequins-derby-next-season

Moreover, Wembley used to be the exclusive home stadium for the NFL's International Series of games. Now it isn't.

Nick7

We are already taking business away from a club who took business away from Wembley:

"Saracens will host future London derby matches against Harlequins at Tottenham's new White Hart Lane stadium, according to the club's director of rugby Mark McCall. The Premiership fixture was staged at Wembley in 2017 before it was relocated to West Ham United's London Stadium last year." http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_...host-saracens-vs-harlequins-derby-next-season

Moreover, Wembley used to be the exclusive home stadium for the NFL's International Series of games. Now it isn't.
You mean you're taking business away from London Stadium, right?

Saffron

Imagine being so starved for success you try to manufacture a poor substitute, like a depressed person eating five ice creams for dinner instead of seeking professional help.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
You mean you're taking business away from London Stadium, right?
As I've said already, we're already taking business away from:
  • Wembley (who are no longer the exclusive home stadium for the NFL's International Series of games)
  • The London Stadium, who in turn took the same business concerned away from Wembley
This is even before our stadium is properly up and running. It has raised the bar considerably and will become the venue of choice in London for many sporting and entertainment events.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
As I've said already, we're already taking business away from:
  • Wembley (who are no longer the exclusive home stadium for the NFL's International Series of games)
  • The London Stadium, who in turn took the same business concerned away from Wembley
This is even before our stadium is properly up and running. It has raised the bar considerably and will become the venue of choice in London for many sporting and entertainment events.
They haven't been the exclusive home stadium for the International Series for three years running now, as they've split the games between Wembley, Twickenham and Estadio Azteca in Mexico City.

Jezpeza

It's a nice stadium to look at, probably a nice one to be able to watch your team play in and... well that's about it really. The costs involved will hurt Spurs in the short term and from there on, they'll be playing catch up on the football side of life. Players don't join clubs because of the stadium, players join due to how much they'll be able to make.
A nice stadium is great but if you aren't competing on the pitch, then what's the point?
Liverpool's owners decided that building a new stadium was not cost-effective. Why spend almost £1bn for an extra 15k seats at Anfield when you can adapt and expand for a fraction of the cost? Granted, I don't know how feasible that would have been with the old WHL, but it's a huge cost for an extra 25k seats.
It will be interesting to see if Spurs can buck the trend set by Sunderland, Southampton, Arsenal etc whereby a new stadium didn't mean success but as long as they have a massive climbing wall, then I suppose they don't really care?
Hats off to spurs, cracking and exciting state of the art stadium. I dont think that Spurs will be hit as hard by the stadium cost as people make out. They have nearly a 400m a year revenue, stadium cost 1bn. They are apparantly the tenth richest club. I think Arsenal were hampered before because they took on the cost of the stadium before the silly money had exploded into football. Also, Spurs have a record of good scouting and signing and developing talent rather than drawing 60m tickets out of the tombola like the Di Maria’s and Morata’s of the PL. Still dont see them winning anything though :)

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
They haven't been the exclusive home stadium for the International Series for three years running now, as they've split the games between Wembley, Twickenham and Estadio Azteca in Mexico City.
We're talking about the UK, not Mexico. And the deal with Twickenham has ended.

For 2019 there will be four NFL games in London, two at Wembley and two at Spurs.

Saffron

We're talking about the UK, not Mexico. And the deal with Twickenham has ended.

For 2019 there will be four NFL games in London, two at Wembley and two at Spurs.
So for an entire year, you will have a grand total of 2 NFL games? :lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
It's a report from the Daily Mail. If you want to complain, complain to them.

Moreover, they reported on leg room, not just seat width.
Just apply a modicum of critical thought.

First up. You KNOW it’s the daily mail. Written by cretins, for cretins.

If you quote the Daily Mail, you’re every bit as cretinous as they are.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
It's turning into a multi-purpose arena which happens to show a football game every couple of weeks.

It's like buying a new car and leasing it out to people.

Will there also be a Rugby pitch under the football and NFL pitches?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
So for an entire year, you will have a grand total of 2 NFL games? :lol:
Yes. But that's two more than any other Prem stadium will manage. And it's part of a 10 year deal, which is 10 years longer than any other Prem club will ever manage to get.

The long-term aim is host an NFL franchise …. which again is an aim that no other Prem stadium can even try or hope for.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Yes. But that's two more than any other Prem stadium will manage. And it's part of a 10 year deal, which is 10 years longer than any other Prem club will ever manage to get.

The long-term aim is host an NFL franchise …. which again is an aim that no other Prem stadium can even try or hope for.
I'd love to see an NFL franchise here, I genuinely hope that happens, and at a stadium designed for NFL, rather than Wembley.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Just apply a modicum of critical thought.

First up. You KNOW it’s the daily mail. Written by cretins, for cretins.

If you quote the Daily Mail, you’re every bit as cretinous as they are.
What are you actually complaining about? Do you think their figures for increased seating leg-room are wrong? If so, why?

I was asked for some info. I tried to be helpful and the only source I could quickly find was a Daily Mail article. You don't like the Daily Mail's reports in relation to football? Tough shit. You don't like me being helpful? Again, tough shit.

Now feck off and complain about something else utterly trivial in some other thread that hopefully doesn't involve me.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
What are you actually complaining about? Do you think their figures for increased seating leg-room are wrong? If so, why?

I was asked for some info. I tried to be helpful and the only source I could quickly find was a Daily Mail article. You don't like the Daily Mail's reports in relation to football? Tough shit. You don't like me being helpful? Again, tough shit.

Now feck off and complain about something else utterly trivial in some other thread that hopefully doesn't involve me.
Calm down. Go and do some fishing or something.

acnumber9

I’m still waiting to find out how much all these events will make and how many weeks of Sissoko’s wages it will pay. After interest payments have been paid of course.

RedDevil@84

So we will have stage shows, NFL, football in the ground?? Anything else in London that will be moved to this stadium?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
So we will have stage shows, NFL, football in the ground?? Anything else in London that will be moved to this stadium?
Rugby Union, as per an above post.

Plus conferences, business events, community events, weddings, parties, birthday celebrations etc. https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/the-stadium/venue-hire/welcome/

Not forgetting, in addition to the extreme sports centre, abseiling: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/the-stadium/visitor-attractions/sky-walk/

Last edited:

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
To pay off your debt for one thing.

Even if you were debt free do you believe Levy will change his ways?
Some of our income will obviously go towards debt repayment and interest - that's so obvious that it hardly needs pointing out. But when our annual income will soon hit the £400m mark, such payments are hardly a big problem.

Critics of Levy want it both ways. They accuse him of being tight-fisted, but then ignore the c. £1 billion he's invested in club infrastructure …. which is far, far more than any other Prem club has invested in its longest-term future.

Dolf

I just can’t comprehend how someone could be so proud of your club hosting 2 NFL games.
I mean, we’re talking about spurs here. A football club. Good for them but we won’t be seeing any of these ground breaking skywalls or cheese rooms on tv when they loose to southampton again.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Oh...Ok? Does every other Prem stadium want to host an NFL franchise? Is that really a league wide goal?
Given the vast amounts of money involved, I'd guess the answer would be 'yes', if only they could. But they don't have the possibility.

Nick7

I just can’t comprehend how someone could be so proud of your club hosting 2 NFL games.
I mean, we’re talking about spurs here. A football club. Good for them but we won’t be seeing any of these ground breaking skywalls or cheese rooms on tv when they loose to southampton again.
I'd be pretty delighted if Old Trafford never hosted an NFL game, or if they stopped doing the Rugby League stuff there.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I think its fair to say that the line of clubs banging down the NFL's door to host their matches is a short one

Its also fair to say that Glaston is such an unrelenting bore when it comes to Tottenham that most fans on here won't ever give him the satisfaction of saying anything nice about this stadium. Anyone who knocks one out over an extra 10mm on a seat is not worth having any kind of a conversation with.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I think its fair to say that the line of clubs banging down the NFL's door to host their matches is a short one

Its also fair to say that Glaston is such an unrelenting bore when it comes to Tottenham that most fans on here won't ever give him the satisfaction of saying anything nice about this stadium. Anyone who knocks one out over an extra 10mm on a seat is not worth having any kind of a conversation with.
:lol:

Saffron

I would love to have a cheese room.

They got that one badly wrong.
Then they could genuinely get to say they re-invented the (cheese) wheel and they wouldn’t be lying. Just add 10-15 mm to the circumference.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

:lol:

acnumber9

Given the vast amounts of money involved, I'd guess the answer would be 'yes', if only they could. But they don't have the possibility.
Well of course have the possibility. They could build a stadium for half the price if they wanted to.

acnumber9

I'd be pretty delighted if Old Trafford never hosted an NFL game, or if they stopped doing the Rugby League stuff there.
Tottenham will be stealing all that Rugby League business now no doubt. The unlimited cash cow that it is.

ErranMorad

Serious question: Is this Glaston dude for real or is it some elaborate joke? This thread is 45 fecking pages. I'll say it again, a fecking stadium thread is 45 fecking pages; most of which are filled with his insane obsessions and exaggerations over a stupid fecking stadium. No way, he believes all the shit he types.

Think the jokes on us, the guy is trolling, probably laughing his ass of how he has got so many hook, line, and sinker.

Or he is............

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Serious question: Is this Glaston dude for real or is it some elaborate joke? This thread is 45 fecking pages. I'll say it again, a fecking stadium thread is 45 fecking pages; most of which are filled with his insane obsessions and exaggerations over a stupid fecking stadium. No way, he believes all the shit he types.

Think the jokes on us, the guy is trolling, probably laughing his ass of how he has got so many hook, line, and sinker.

Or he is............
He also does it on an Aston Villa forum.