Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
A 160/170m bid and Levy would not control the bulge in his pants never mind 300.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I dunno, I think 300m would certainly make Levy think. That's insane money for a single player.

To be honest, if I thought we would invest the majority of that fee back in to the team and do it sensibly (similar to how Liverpool did it post coutinho sale) I'd be tempted by that kind of fee. Then again, I still remember having to watch the likes of Capoue, Paulinho and Soldado *shudders*.
I personally think Kane, especially with coming from the academy and being the face of English football right now give Tottenham something in terms of sponsorship and coverage etc that is worth more than a quick 300m if he is happy to stay. It's not as if we can't sell him for 100m+ later if he wants to leave when he turns 27 anyway. If he wants to leave then that's a different question of course, but if we're selling Harry Kane if he wants to stay then that would send all sorts of wrong signals to the Squad, Poch, future signings as well as fans.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
A 160/170m bid and Levy would not control the bulge in his pants never mind 300.
This is bollocks. Levy knows the market, to even think about replacing someone like Kane would cost 100m+ and the player we would buy would never be as good. Losing Kane would be a huge dent in our CL qualifying hopes going forward and that's worth far, far more to the club than a quick buck. Levy isn't an idiot or a short term thinker, despite my issues with him.

160/170m would be turned down instantly. Like, not even taken under consideration. He's our best player, has a massive contract at the club and is adored by the fans as one of our own. No way do you get him without breaking the transfer record.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
What, are you hoping Arsenal put in a joint-bid for ownership of his arm?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
This is bollocks. Levy knows the market, to even think about replacing someone like Kane would cost 100m+ and the player we would buy would never be as good. Losing Kane would be a huge dent in our CL qualifying hopes going forward and that's worth far, far more to the club than a quick buck. Levy isn't an idiot or a short term thinker, despite my issues with him.

160/170m would be turned down instantly. Like, not even taken under consideration. He's our best player, has a massive contract at the club and is adored by the fans as one of our own. No way do you get him without breaking the transfer record.
I think his value is getting a bit over the top. He is an excellent/great PL footballer and goalscorer and will fetch you a lot of money but i'd take the bet that it will not be breaking the transfer record of Neymar or Mbappé when he decides to try his luck in La Liga.
You might think it's wishful thinking from an Arsenal fan but i genuinely think he will move in that range in a season or two if Spurs find themselves struggling with the new stadium (they will) and building a team that match his ambitions.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
£100m would be laughed at for Kane. You're talking 200m+ for it even to be feasible with the length of his contract, the fact we could never get close to replacing him, the state of the market right now etc. The only way I could see him leaving is if he forced his way out, which I could never see him doing at all. He's here to stay for the next couple of seasons at least, in my opinion. Maybe if we haven't progressed by then he'll start to look elsewhere, but right now he's clearly very settled at the club and it would take a record transfer fee for Levy to even entertain selling.

Eriksen would be a huge loss, and if we're being honest does look very possible that he could leave. I view him as our second best player after Kane and replacing him would be a massive headache, we'd be left with very little creativity from midfield with him out of the side.
That's why I said £100m PLUS, I'd say 170m would do it.
That'd pay a huge chunk of the impressive stadium off!!

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I'll always admire players like Kane when they could be earning double what they're currently on to play for their boyhood clubs, looking at Rashford earning the same as him while being 5 years further along in his career must hurt a little.

The only problem I see is Tottenham doing what Liverpool done with Owen/Torres and bring him back from injury too soon all the time or play him through injury as it'll shorten his career/peak drastically.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I think his value is getting a bit over the top. He is an excellent/great PL footballer and goalscorer and will fetch you a lot of money but i'd take the bet that it will not be breaking the transfer record of Neymar or Mbappé when he decides to try his luck in La Liga.
You might think it's wishful thinking from an Arsenal fan but i genuinely think he will move in that range in a season or two if Spurs find themselves struggling with the new stadium (they will) and building a team that match his ambitions.
I think he has different qualities from Mbappe and Neymar, but overall I think he is just as an effective footballer. He might want to leave for Spain if Spurs isn't able to match his ambitions eventually, and if that's the case then the fee would depend on many different factors, and it's hard to guess. But I if he was on the market right now I think we could get a world record fee for him.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

Agree with all this

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'll always admire players like Kane when they could be earning double what they're currently on to play for their boyhood clubs, looking at Rashford earning the same as him while being 5 years further along in his career must hurt a little.
Should have picked a better club, Rashford is playing for his boyhood club and earning a killing.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

The only problem I see is Tottenham doing what Liverpool done with Owen/Torres and bring him back from injury too soon all the time or play him through injury as it'll shorten his career/peak drastically.
Rashford is on 200k a week?

Kane didn't exactly burst in to life at a really young age like Owen. He actually had pretty limited game time till his twenties, he's played no more for us than plenty of other star men at other clubs. Unlike players like Torres or Owen he's not reliant on an explosive burst of pace, so I really don't see him having anything but a pretty long career.

The rushing him back from injuries may be a slight issue .. he's had a couple of injuries related to his ankle now, but hopefully the club will be careful this time around.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Rashford is on 200k a week?

Kane didn't exactly burst in to life at a really young age like Owen. He actually had pretty limited game time till his twenties, he's played no more for us than plenty of other star men at other clubs. Unlike players like Torres or Owen he's not reliant on an explosive burst of pace, so I really don't see him having anything but a pretty long career.

The rushing him back from injuries may be a slight issue .. he's had a couple of injuries related to his ankle now, but hopefully the club will be careful this time around.
Sorry, should have said "close to Kane", reportedly he's going to get £150k a week, while I thought Kane was on £165k?

And the pace wasn't my point, it's the fact he's your star man and he's being rushed back/played through pain, niggling injuries can ruin careers irrespective of pace.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Sorry, should have said "close to Kane", reportedly he's going to get £150k a week, while I thought Kane was on £165k?

And the pace wasn't my point, it's the fact he's your star man and he's being rushed back/played through pain, niggling injuries can ruin careers irrespective of pace.

I read that Kane was on around 200k a week, but that might be with bonuses included.

True, but Kane has only really had a couple of ankle injuries, and I think the last one was more just the result of a clumsy tackle by Jones? It is a worry though and I do think we rushed him back from the last one. We were actually playing pretty well in his absence but brought him back early anyway, I'm guessing partly because he wanted to get back up to speed before the WC and partly because he's golden boot hungry.

That's the thing with a striker like Kane, they always want to play, always want to be top scorer. I don't think it's a case of the club rushing him back but the player himself being extremely determined to score as many goals as he possibly can, with one of the worst side effects of that being that the fecker insists on taking free kicks :lol:.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
His last contract was shortly after breaking through. Depending on the clauses in his contract, I'd be surprised if he's on over £50k/week. He's in talks for a new one now which would take him closer to Kane's wages.
Fair enough. Pretty mad money to be on at 21 but totally understandable with the form he's in right now.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs have build a stadium that’s not fit to host a World Cup match.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/47164514

Surely that’s a massive oversight. Also applieds to OT, and Anfield - but these are classic old stadia, not something built in 2018/19.
"That is because grounds need to provide sufficient run-off space for players and adequate areas for photographers."

I think this was by design to allow the fans to be as close to the pitch as possible, the idea is to create a better atmosphere and more hostile environment I'd imagine.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You’re quite a negative spurs fan aren’t you? Are you a gooner in disguise?

Obviously, it won’t be just the stadium that convinces them, but this coupled with improved deals will surely assist in their final decisions.
Just by 1.5% :lol:

I just can't imagine that if Eriksen or other players will ever stay in your club that will be 30% due to "new stadium". Footballer plays for money or achievement not stadium. 1.5% effect is the highest percentage I can come out with.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Spurs have build a stadium that’s not fit to host a World Cup match.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/47164514

Surely that’s a massive oversight. Also applieds to OT, and Anfield - but these are classic old stadia, not something built in 2018/19.
Typically they only use 2 stadiums in a city, I would have thought that would be Wembley and The Emirates of The Olympic Stadium. Plus its a small possibility that England host a world Cup. I think Spurs would be aiming to host a Europa League final.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
I'am sorry and beg for forgivness, but wth is cheese room? Is it really for eating cheese and drinking champagne, or is is name for something else.

No Idea For Nickname

It’s literally where you go to eat cheese!
You are kidding? No! So their new stadium has been delayed because of cheese? Maybe when they finish top 4 they can spend money on loads od cheese, not players. I thought it was some running joke to make fun of Spurs fans here, mainly Glaston.
Anyway, I love cheese.:D

No Idea For Nickname

I actually thought the cheese room was a joke to wind up @GlastonSpur

I can't believe they had a cheese room down as a talking point about their new stadium, what has football become? Dwarfs the prawn cocktail sandwiches we found ourselves facing.
Bloody hell, they will have Prawn Room as well? They will never finish their stadium!

youmeletsfly

Kane secures Spur's top 4 and UCL. That's easily 100mil per year and some people think that Levy will let him go for 150-170 mil.

You risk losing 100mil for top4+UCL and with the remaining sum you don't even replace the guy with a proper forward.

I'm no Spurs fan but he won't go for anything less than 230-250 mil.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Said this earlier in the season and will repeat it now, Spurs should just be docked points and fined for this.

RedDevil@84

Said this earlier in the season and will repeat it now, Spurs should just be docked points and fined for this.
Not sure about docked points, but yes, heavily fined for sure. In a league where schedules of games depend on broadcasters and all, I think it is unacceptable that a team will be postponing it indefinitely

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Why should they be docked points?
Not sure about docked points, but yes, heavily fined for sure. In a league where schedules of games depend on broadcasters and all, I think it is unacceptable that a team will be postponing it indefinitely
Take our game at Wembley vs. Spurs earlier in the season: because of their unpreparedness for the fixture, we had to move two of our other games to overcome the scheduling chaos, and then we risked serious injury to our players by being forced to play on a sandpit after the NFL fixtures. Instead of forcing City to bend over backwards the FA should have docked Spurs three points and awarded us the win (which we got anyway). Spurs have pulled a fast one on the FA, their own fans and other teams in the PL with these "unexpected delays" and not once have they been punished for it.