Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46807185

Stadium not ready until March.

I said a while ago, that Levy is drip feeding these announcements in the hope that they will get a couple of home games in by the end of the season. They have known since the summer that it’s months and months behind schedule.

The FA/ Prem League should now insist that they play their games at Wembley for the rest of the season. This affects away supporters as much, if not more than home supporters, and the integrity of the PL.

Levy seems to be able to do what he likes, the FA/ PL have had the wool pulled over their eyes without a doubt.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
Have there actually been a proper investigating article of what's the issues are and why it have taken so long to fix them? One proper investigative journalism could fix the insane amount of hate and Meme's Spurs are getting atm.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46807185

Stadium not ready until March.

I said a while ago, that Levy is drip feeding these announcements in the hope that they will get a couple of home games in by the end of the season. They have known since the summer that it’s months and months behind schedule.

The FA/ Prem League should now insist that they play their games at Wembley for the rest of the season. This affects away supporters as much, if not more than home supporters, and the integrity of the PL.

Levy seems to be able to do what he likes, the FA/ PL have had the wool pulled over their eyes without a doubt.
It's beyond ridiculous now.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The game at home to Liverpool was the original projected opening game - Sept. 15th.

Now I'd guess the first game will be same fixture as was the last game in our old stadium, namely home to United, on January 13th, which would provide a kind of symmetry to events. If so, that would be a delay of nearly 4th months.
Would you like another guess?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I don't understand how Spurs have been able to get away with this shambles.

Points deduction would be excessive as it has nothing to do with the football side of the club, but a fine would be hard to argue against. They won't play a game in their new stadium this season.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
How much is it costing Spurs to play at Wembley for longer and longer and how much in extra build costs for the stadium itself?

They seem to be having something of a fire sale with Dembele going, Alderweireld likely going for £25m in the summer, Vertonghen also seems to have the same clause. Eriksen hasn't signed yet and has the big two in Spain rumoured to be interested.

Wondering what the Spurs team that plays at this stadium next season will look like?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
How much is it costing Spurs to play at Wembley for longer and longer and how much in extra build costs for the stadium itself?

They seem to be having something of a fire sale with Dembele going, Alderweireld likely going for £25m in the summer, Vertonghen also seems to have the same clause. Eriksen hasn't signed yet and has the big two in Spain rumoured to be interested.

Wondering what the Spurs team that plays at this stadium next season will look like?
Yeah it's a total disaster and we're going to end up only having the youth team left :rolleyes:.

Dembele is past it and injured, he won't have featured much this season anyway and we're 3rd without him. Alderweireld is gone but I doubt Vert is going anywhere, Eriksen is an issue but I'm not hitting the panic button just yet. There's no 'fire sale', just selling a player who is clearly past his best and a couple of contract issues.

Oggmonster

This stadium was never going to be ready and Levy will of known it back in September. It's ridiculous. Don't they have a load of home games at the end of the season to cos the stadium wasn't ready at the start of the season? Seems a bit of an unfair advantage for them that considering it's no ones fault but their own.

Oldyella

This stadium was never going to be ready and Levy will of known it back in September. It's ridiculous. Don't they have a load of home games at the end of the season to cos the stadium wasn't ready at the start of the season? Seems a bit of an unfair advantage for them that considering it's no ones fault but their own.
They should have to play all home games this season at Wembley, stadium ready or not.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They are taking a piss with the fans. Why not just say it won't be ready until next season and stop getting fans hopes up?
Question for Spurs fans, are season ticket holders due any compensation?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Yeah, he knew about the status long before the announcement was made. The fact they waited till the season tickets were sold out says everything innit.

Oggmonster

Yeah, he knew about the status long before the announcement was made. The fact they waited till the season tickets were sold out says everything innit.
Do they do anything for the fans in terms of reimbursing their travel? If you lived nearer to White Hart Lane then you're out of pocket from transport to Wembley you weren't expected to do for the last few months.

Morpheus 7

Levy must have hired a few handy men to finish off the construction, or he's a lying snake who knew back in September it wouldn't be ready this season.

shoom

Supports
Arsenal

Points deduction would be excessive as it has nothing to do with the football side of the club, but a fine would be hard to argue against. They won't play a game in their new stadium this season.
Yeah I don't think they will either. Levy's saying March at the earliest so reading between the lines it's April (or later).

They have Brighton and Huddersfield early April but if they don't get it done by then the next one is West Ham. If they don't want to do the NLD as the first one for security reasons they won't do that one either.

After that it's Everton which is the last game of the season.

It’s not an issue if they don’t play at the stadium, and that’s what should happen to be fair to all teams in the league. There should be some sort of fine/ recompense for spurs. The stadium can take years to complete, and that’s not a problem, but this drip feed of delays is unethical, and unfair on the away fans.

They should have to play all home games this season at Wembley, stadium ready or not.
Exactly. If the FA/PL had any sort of spine, it’s exactly what they would demand. The decision should not be spurs’.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
It’s not an issue if they don’t play at the stadium, and that’s what should happen to be fair to all teams in the league. There should be some sort of fine/ recompense for spurs. The stadium can take years to complete, and that’s not a problem, but this drip feed of delays is unethical, and unfair on the away fans.

Exactly. If the FA/PL had any sort of spine, it’s exactly what they would demand. The decision should not be spurs’.
I agree with this, and although I want Spurs to play at the stadium this season this is getting a little silly. Having said that I completely understand why the club is doing what they are doing, and I don't think they expected this to take as long as this. I assume that some incompetence or 'bending of the truth' to win the bid to construct certain things have been going on by those hired to build it and all blame shouldn't be on Levy.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I guess March makes sense. Everybody knows it’s the best month for cheese.

DanClancy

Any Spurs fan put me right but it looks like their going to be left with a £600m debt which they'll eventually turn into a bond a few years down the line.

The extra revenue from the stadium will cover the likely payments of around £35m a year on the bond but it doesn't look like they'll have any chance of shifting the debt and its certainly doesn't look like a game-changer for Spurs. Would imagine the new stadium once sponsored will bring in an additional £70m in revenue a year from where they were in the last set of accounts.

Any Spurs fan put me right but it looks like their going to be left with a £600m debt which they'll eventually turn into a bond a few years down the line.

The extra revenue from the stadium will cover the likely payments of around £35m a year on the bond but it doesn't look like they'll have any chance of shifting the debt and its certainly doesn't look like a game-changer for Spurs. Would imagine the new stadium once sponsored will bring in an additional £70m in revenue a year from where they were in the last set of accounts.
Don't get 'you know who' started! He has a direct line to Levy, so will be around soon to answer you question!

Personally I don't see it as a game changer, it's an upgrade that clearly needed to happen, they will generate more income, but need to service the debt, but the impact of the stadium and match day revenue becomes less relevant as time goes by due to TV money. If they make an addition £25m per season, it's not to be sniffed at, but doesn't mean they can start spending significantly more on players.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Club royally fecked this up, it was clearly never going to be ready when they said it was. Nowhere near.

I agree with @InLevyITrust and think we should just wait till next season to move in. Avoids the complications of people moaning about facing us at a different stadium and whilst I hate Wembley we're managing OK there.