Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Alex Ferguson said after he has won dozens of trophies that Phil Jones was the next Duncan Edwards. Managers talk bollocks to big up things that aren’t as big as they really are in order to appease their fans. This is spin, being highly spun - you are aware of that aren’t you?
In fairness, Phil Jones was an insane talent when he was coming through at Blackburn and it is perhaps difficult now to remember just how in demand he was, by every single big club. He is still only 26! Couldn't believe that last week.

Frustrating about the stadium delays but ultimately, it is for a long term (100+ years realistically) structure so a few months here and there, while annoying, isn't too significant I guess. Though I know most football fans now struggle to see beyond a 3 week period of time so patience may be difficult to understand.

The focus on the other stuff is funny but a bit misplaced. Stuff like the cheese room will be nothing to do with the majority of fans. 30k Spurs fans won't be walking around chewing on the finest brie, its a corporate thing. That is ultimately a big money spinner for any club.

The lights are being tested and the hope is to be able to host concerts and other events quite regularly once it is open. If they do it for the beginning of games (I doubt they will), it will be an annoying Americanisation of the game but ultimately, Spurs are neither pioneers or even at the forefront of that aspect of football. And regardless, only small provincial clubs use lights pre match :wenger:

shoom

Supports
Arsenal
Might be delayed to Feb.
Oh dear, the fact that he's saying that in November isn't a good sign.

On the plus side it means there's a decent chance their first home game would be the NLD on 2 March. Make it happen Levy!

dbs235

Oh dear, the fact that he's saying that in November isn't a good sign.

On the plus side it means there's a decent chance their first home game would be the NLD on 2 March. Make it happen Levy!
Probably their best option in terms of damage control from the stadium opening so late.

CallyRed

Funnily enough was just outside the ground. It definitely wont be ready for January.

Club shop is open though. Swings and roundabouts.

shoom

Supports
Arsenal
Losing to their rivals on the opening day that will forever be in the record books would be so Spursy.
The shame would be unbearable. Realitically they'd have no choice but to take the hit and wipe the slate clean. Dismantle the stadium and start again.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Funnily enough was just outside the ground. It definitely wont be ready for January.

Club shop is open though. Swings and roundabouts.
Have you perhaps seen some loony outside the stadium mumbling something about United finances? It's been nearly 1 page and I'm getting worried.

CallyRed

Ia the cheese room open?
Sadly not, it is exactly the sort of thing you'd need when visiting a ground, been crying out for one for years.

Have you perhaps seen some loony outside the stadium mumbling something about United finances? It's been nearly 1 page and I'm getting worried.
Tottenham high road has many loonies stalking up and down it, so possibly.

IrishRedDevil

The design team and project managers have a lot to answer for.

I seen an image of the stadium back in August and my gut feeling was that it was 6 months away from being finished. If that was clear to me just from images, why was the design team and PM’s spouting out totally unrealistic deadlines.

The design team and project managers have a lot to answer for.

I seen an image of the stadium back in August and my gut feeling was that it was 6 months away from being finished. If that was clear to me just from images, why was the design team and PM’s spouting out totally unrealistic deadlines.
I expect the club fully knew about the issues. However, they have chosen to drip feed the issues to the public and most importantly the PL in order to get some matches played there this season. If they came clean in Aug and said the stadium won't be ready until Feb/ Mar the PL would have told them they need to play the whole season at Wembley.

It's clear they have deceived the PL and compromised the competition - and this was their intention from before the season started.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Spurs have even bottled moving into their own new stadium...

That is just so Tottenham.
You can't blame Pochettino for having a phobia. He's frightened by the cheese room.

And rightly so, because when all is said and done there are few people who can look a Cornish Kern squarely in the eye.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I see how this panning out, if we get beaten in our first game “the new stadium will be cursed and the Club is doomed” if we win “we are cheating bastards”.

ayushreddevil9

I see how this panning out, if we get beaten in our first game “the new stadium will be cursed and the Club is doomed” if we win “we are cheating bastards”.
Technically you should be allowed to play there from next season. Its not fair for those who are yet to play you at your 'home'

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Shame the sparks haven't been paid.
It was choice between them and extending the range of cheeses. No contest. Burrata doesn't come cheap.

Plus, Pochettino finds this particular variety more reassuring.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
So every loss is a 'bottle job' now? Looks like you've bottled the same number of games that we have this season, including a massive bottle to us at home.
We're a club who win trophies, during our 'slide' we've won an FA Cup, Europa League and League Cup - that's more than you've won in 25 years, that's why you're famous as a 'bottling club'.

You feck things up when it matters most, you go from positions of apparent dominance to comical failure.

Your hilarious PL campaign the year when Foxes won it, for example - and your position of leading at Arse to where it ended up.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
We're a club who win trophies, during our 'slide' we've won an FA Cup, Europa League and League Cup - that's more than you've won in 25 years, that's why you're famous as a 'bottling club'.

You feck things up when it matters most, you go from positions of apparent dominance to comical failure.

Your hilarious PL campaign the year when Foxes won it, for example - and your position of leading at Arse to where it ended up.
We finished above you, so you bottled it more? Not sure I follow.

This has been mentioned many times before, but Spurs were never closer than 5 points to Leicester, it was theirs to lose and they didn't. To bottle something you actually have to under-perform due to pressure and lose something that looked like a certain win. It was never ours to lose.

Sure, trophies would be nice, and I would love to win the FA cup or the league cup. But for me the EL is worth as much as the trophy you get for winning the championship, its a competition without all the best teams, how can anyone claim that it's a major trophy? May as well give the team that finish 7th in the league a trophy.

edcunited1878

This has been mentioned many times before, but Spurs were never closer than 5 points to Leicester, it was theirs to lose and they didn't. To bottle something you actually have to under-perform due to pressure and lose something that looked like a certain win. It was never ours to lose.

Sure, trophies would be nice, and I would love to win the FA cup or the league cup. But for me the EL is worth as much as the trophy you get for winning the championship, its a competition without all the best teams, how can anyone claim that it's a major trophy? May as well give the team that finish 7th in the league a trophy.
Ask Sevilla and Atletico Madrid how important the Europa League title is to them. It's a European trophy with the winner of the competition playing the Champions League winner in the UEFA Super Cup. Silverware is silverware.

ayushreddevil9

Ask Sevilla and Atletico Madrid how important the Europa League title is to them. It's a European trophy with the winner of the competition playing the Champions League winner in the UEFA Super Cup. Silverware is silverware.
Hilarious really. Zero piece of silverware since eternity and people still have the audacity to downplay winning a European trophy. The season we won it, Spurs were in the competition too. They got knocked out by genk or something but but the competition is for 'smaller' teams.

Vadim

The difference is, we acknowledge when we are shit.

Some of you lot live in this Spurs Echo Chamber where everything is amazing and Spurs are “on the march!”.

You’ve been on about it for years yet you’ve won feck all. These aren’t exactly years you’ll remember forever, are they?

We’ve had those nights in Barcelona, Moscow, even the Europa League win v Ajax, numerous cup wins and of course all of them league titles to tell our kids about. Even when we’re shit, we win trophies.

What are you going to tell your kids about? That incredible cheese board at the new Spurs stadium?!

Get some perspective.

billybee99

If they gave a trophy for seventh, Spurs would have a bigger trophy cabinet than United.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
The difference is, we acknowledge when we are shit.

Some of you lot live in this Spurs Echo Chamber where everything is amazing and Spurs are “on the march!”.

You’ve been on about it for years yet you’ve won feck all. These aren’t exactly years you’ll remember forever, are they?

We’ve had those nights in Barcelona, Moscow, even the Europa League win v Ajax, numerous cup wins and of course all of them league titles to tell our kids about. Even when we’re shit, we win trophies.

What are you going to tell your kids about? That incredible cheese board at the new Spurs stadium?!

Get some perspective.
No need to put words in my mouth. I don't see much of this spurs echo chamber here.

I'm enjoying watching my team play. Just like Huddersfield fans or Bournemouth fans are enjoying watching their team play without winning any trophies.

I was giving my view on the EL. Feel free to disagree with my argument without bring in cheese, or what I would tell possible kids.

If they gave a trophy for seventh, Spurs would have a bigger trophy cabinet than United.
Just like getting knocked out of the CL gives a bigger chance of a trophy than qualifying for the knock out. I don't like it one bit. That's my point.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
But for me the EL is worth as much as the trophy you get for winning the championship, its a competition without all the best teams, how can anyone claim that it's a major trophy? May as well give the team that finish 7th in the league a trophy.
The arrogance is unbelievable :lol::lol: Just win anything, take your pick, you will then start to understand what it really means to fans, players, staff, club, city.