Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

The Purley King

“I’ve not worked on a site like that in a long, long time,” one source says, claiming: “There were people off their heads, drinking cans first thing in the morning before going on to site and snorting coke in the toilets.”

Build going well then.
They are on £400 a day so plenty of spare cash to spend!

Pagh Wraith

That reminds me that I booked a flight from Berlin Brandenburg to London in January 2012 only to receive an email a few weeks prior to the flight that the airport isn't ready. Oh well:lol:

The cost of building a property and the price on the market are different though
True to an extent, and it was just illustrating my point. But building in London is extortionate and one of the most expensive places in the world. If the cost of the build is £850m that’s not outrageous.

Mihai

True to an extent, and it was just illustrating my point. But building in London is extortionate and one of the most expensive places in the world. If the cost of the build is £850m that’s not outrageous.

There're 8 1 bedroom flats in Clapham on the market on rightmove that have a starting price of at least 650k. At least one is listed twice with two different agents. The total amount of 1 bedroom flats listed in Clapham on rightmove is 272. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is about 2.9%. This is far from the assumption that "a one bedroom flat in Clapham would cost 650k".

Again, we are talking about construction costs and not sale prices. The difference in building a 1st floor flat compared to a penthouse flat of roughly same size will be much lower than the difference in sale prices.

While I understand that the real estate prices in London are extortionate, this is not due to construction costs, but due to high demand. For big developments, in London, the targeted sales revenue at 100% sold is about twice the building costs (excluding solicitors, estate agents etc).

There're 8 1 bedroom flats in Clapham on the market on rightmove that have a starting price of at least 650k. At least one is listed twice with two different agents. The total amount of 1 bedroom flats listed in Clapham on rightmove is 272. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is about 2.9%. This is far from the assumption that "a one bedroom flat in Clapham would cost 650k".

Again, we are talking about construction costs and not sale prices. The difference in building a 1st floor flat compared to a penthouse flat of roughly same size will be much lower than the difference in sale prices.

While I understand that the real estate prices in London are extortionate, this is not due to construction costs, but due to high demand. For big developments, in London, the targeted sales revenue at 100% sold is about twice the building costs (excluding solicitors, estate agents etc).
That’s pretty sad mate. But glad you have lots of time to waste. Fact is contraction costs are higher in London - the Clapham flat annocidote was tongue in cheek, and I didn’t bother myself with looking up exact prices! Perhaps I could have said £550k, or £500k or whatever. You sure as hell cant buy a 1 bed in Clapham for under £250k, unless it’s for a short lease, it’s cash only or it’s a only a share of the flat. For £250k I could buy a new build 4 bed house in half the country.

For the cost of my house in London, I could buy 10 houses in many areas of Manachester - now that’s down to value not construction.

However I can guarantee that the sqm of any new construction is significantly higher in London than elsewhere in the country. That was one of the reasons Birmingham was considered as a replacement for Wembley many years ago. Increased travel times, higher prices of labour, and services transportation costs are all higher in London.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think it's quite ridiculous that the league hasn't told them to scrap plans to move this season.

Think it's quite ridiculous that the league hasn't told them to scrap plans to move this season.
Yup!!

And that the league seem to be ok with the issues of this also continuing to screw over everyone elses fixture list and travel plans, just as with the Everton game tomorrow that was originally planned for today until Spurs first stadium delay caused a knock on effect with the TV fixtures.

alsabi

If the new stadium is finally ready in January we might be the first visitors to it (due to play them on the 13th).

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Cant wait untill @GlastonSpur explain it to be a genius move by Levy to shock entire world football next year onwards.
Delays with huge construction projects are hardly unusual. We'll have our new stadium for many decades to come, so a delay of 3 months or so is small beer in comparison.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Typical bottle job from Spurs. They should be docked 15 points for the hassle they’re causing. They’re an embarrassment to our country.

Cliche Guevara

How much over original budget is it now, £500m?

That must be killing Levy. Still, he hasn’t sold any players to United in years so he still has that trophy in the cabinet.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
How much over original budget is it now, £500m?

That must be killing Levy. ...
It's not £500m over budget. But even if it were, Spurs finances are in great shape, as shown by our latest financial results, recently released for the year to June of this year:
  • Revenue is up from £306M -> £381M (+24.5%).
  • Profit from operations (before football trading, depreciation, interest, tax and exceptional items) is up from £117.6M -> £163M (+38.6%).
  • Gross tangible assets in excess of £1bn - facilities which include the Training Centre, the new Players’ Lodge, Percy House, home of the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, Lilywhite House Club offices, new retail warehouse, new Paxton House Ticket Office and now the new stadium along with the newly-opened Spurs Shop – the largest football club store in Europe - plus other property assets.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
We might give Glaston stick all the time, but who of you actually works for your club's public relations team? Who of you is actually married to the CEO?

Needham

Looks like the final bill for the stadium could be £1bn+:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ggestions-12bn-final-stadium-bill-inaccurate/
Probably quite a lot of speculation in the article. It seems Levy has made a lot of mistakes with the stadium though.
No real animus against Spurs but he riles me and when this whole New Tottenham things busts apart after Poch and Kane sensibly decamp to Madrid, I'll get odd moments of pleasure imagining his grim uptight face.
Just angry cause our game's been delayed to Sunday 4pm.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Meh, I guess I was naive to believe that it would be finished this time. I even thought it would be finished in time for the league start, disappointed in the club and in myself.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Typical bottle job from Spurs. They should be docked 15 points for the hassle they’re causing. They’re an embarrassment to our country.
Let's auction all the players and make all the fans work in the Arsenal shop!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If the new stadium is finally ready in January we might be the first visitors to it (due to play them on the 13th).
Which is unfair, against the spirit of the competition and against the rules.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What a joke this is turning out to be. Isn't there an American Football game at Wembley today too? Hopefully they wreck the pitch for Spurs & Citeh on Monday.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It's not £500m over budget. But even if it were, Spurs finances are in great shape, as shown by our latest financial results, recently released for the year to June of this year:
  • Revenue is up from £306M -> £381M (+24.5%).
  • Profit from operations (before football trading, depreciation, interest, tax and exceptional items) is up from £117.6M -> £163M (+38.6%).
  • Gross tangible assets in excess of £1bn - facilities which include the Training Centre, the new Players’ Lodge, Percy House, home of the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, Lilywhite House Club offices, new retail warehouse, new Paxton House Ticket Office and now the new stadium along with the newly-opened Spurs Shop – the largest football club store in Europe - plus other property assets.
It's around £400m over initial budget estimations. So not £500m but still a hefty heft amount.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This is where it starts hurting Spurs I think. Having to play City on the monday and then just a 48 hour recovery for West Ham away who should've got at least a draw in the recent league fixture. Can't see Kane starting both given he's been off the pace for most of the season. They've also got Wolves away then on the Saturday evening which is a very tricky fixture this season.

Falling off the pace at the top, going out of the league cup and being 1 game from going out of the CL is obviously a downgrade on last season. Fixtures would be more evenly spread if they were already in new WHL.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Falling off the pace at the top, going out of the league cup and being 1 game from going out of the CL is obviously a downgrade on last season. Fixtures would be more evenly spread if they were already in new WHL.
Or if they had done the sensible thing and booked a full second season at Wembley in advance then the fixtures would have been planned better. Instead, they said they'd definitely be in their new stadium by now and we ended up with this farce that has affected fixtures of other clubs too.

Cloud7

I’m glad that as a fan base, no matter how fractured we may be, we can all come together to laugh at Spurs.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
It's around £400m over initial budget estimations. So not £500m but still a hefty heft amount.
Initial budget estimations according to who? And current cost according to who?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Or if they had done the sensible thing and booked a full second season at Wembley in advance then the fixtures would have been planned better. Instead, they said they'd definitely be in their new stadium by now and we ended up with this farce that has affected fixtures of other clubs too.
Not with Man. City as NFL dates are fixed. If they were already in WHL they could've played the Man. City game today and then West Ham on Tuesday so sufficent recovery time.

Didn't they ask Man. City to swop and play at Etithad. Man. City sensibly said no as that would've mean 3 away games in a row for them in April which would obviously be a disadvantage if the title race is still on.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Not with Man. City as NFL dates are fixed. If they were already in WHL they could've played the Man. City game today and then West Ham on Tuesday so sufficent recovery time.

Didn't they ask Man. City to swop and play at Etithad. Man. City sensibly said no as that would've mean 3 away games in a row for them in April which would obviously be a disadvantage if the title race is still on.
If they had said before the fixtures for this season came out then Spurs would have likely been playing away to some other team instead.

What NFL teams are supposed to be playing at the new stadium? Jaguars have ruled themselves out.

Pagh Wraith

Delays with huge construction projects are hardly unusual. We'll have our new stadium for many decades to come, so a delay of 3 months or so is small beer in comparison.
Bad as it looks for Spurs right now, this is obviously true. Nobody will care in a few years.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Which do you reckon will happen first: a completed stadium, Poch leaving or Jadon Sancho signing?