Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

James Peril

The NFL must be so sad. Moving their game from a not so big stadium to a 50% bigger stadium.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
It’s unique in that it doesn’t have a trophy cabinet.

Also, calm down, it’s a good talking point as it affects the scheduling of the PL season and brings up questions about fairness of teams playing Spurs in two different venues, which was against the rules until they allowed you to do it this year. I imagine them agreeing to it was in the basis on a few games, which is now turning into half the season.

Yes it will be a fantastic stadium, but try to take a step back and look at it from a neutrals POV.
Since when did missing 4 home games in our new stadium equate to half a season?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Probably all worth it for those VR tours and automated sprinklers. Haters just gon' hate.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
The NFL must be so sad. Moving their game from a not so big stadium to a 50% bigger stadium.
I think they will be, because Wembley is not built with NFL football in mind. The new Spurs stadium has been, which is why the NFL signed a deal with us.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
The rule hasn't changed, spurs got special treatment, that's what everyone has an issue with.
But we're the media darlings, so what did you expect?

Besides, it's a disadvantage to Spurs to be playing at Wembley rather than in our stadium … so what have rival clubs really got to complain about?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I can only suggest that you email them and ask.
Nah I think I'll take the fact that the CEO of the league said it's against the rules and that Spurs had to request permission to do it as a reasonably good indication that it's not within the rules.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Nah I think I'll take the fact that the CEO of the league said it's against the rules and that Spurs had to request permission to do it as a reasonably good indication that it's not within the rules.
Doesn't that mean it's within the rules to ask for - and get - permission?

Otherwise, I can only suggest that other clubs sue the Prem authorities for breaking the alleged rules. Although it beats me why they would wish to do so, when it's a disadvantage to Spurs to be playing at Wembley.

Frank Grimes

Besides, it's a disadvantage to Spurs to be playing at Wembley rather than in our stadium … so what have rival clubs really got to complain about?

Because for example Liverpool will play spurs in Wembley and other teams will play in the nfl one, that's precisely the issue.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Does Wembley have the ability to lay the NFL pitch over the top, or is the pitch just going to be destroyed for any game after an NFL game?

acnumber9

It’s a league season and there are 19 other clubs. If playing at Wembley is a disadvantage to Spurs then why is it fair to Huddersfield that Cardiff play there and not this new stadium? Or Liverpool play there and potentially Man City but United and Chelsea don’t. You’re pointing out why it isn’t fair by saying it’s a disadvantage for Spurs to play at Wembley.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Doesn't that mean it's within the rules to ask for - and get - permission?

Otherwise, I can only suggest that other clubs sue the Prem authorities for breaking the alleged rules. Although it beats me why they would wish to do so, when it's a disadvantage to Spurs to be playing at Wembley.
But the Premier League’s chief executive, Richard Scudamore, has revealed that would be against its regulations. “They’d have to play in the same stadium for the entire year,” he said. “For the integrity of the competition. You can’t have 19 home games with 10 at Milton Keynes and nine at Wembley – completely, completely unfair. That won’t be allowed in our competition.”
I'm thinking not.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Because for example Liverpool will play spurs in Wembley and other teams will play in the nfl one, that's precisely the issue.
Well, then I guess it will provide some of these other clubs with a convenient excuse if they fail to make top 4.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Does Wembley have the ability to lay the NFL pitch over the top, or is the pitch just going to be destroyed for any game after an NFL game?
The latter, I believe.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Come on guys, let's talk about unique features.
We will boast the longest bar in the UK, which IMO is going to earn us at least 6 more points every season.

Plus, perfect place to go when we sign nobody again. Bet that's been his plan all along the tight fisted cnut.

Ban

We will boast the longest bar in the UK, which IMO is going to earn us at least 6 more points every season.

Plus, perfect place to go when we sign nobody again. Bet that's been his plan all along the tight fisted cnut.
:lol:

What about the floodlights?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Shame, would have liked for us be the first club to play them in the new ground probably be one of the last clubs now until next season or 2020. It's looks great inside, a bit like Marseille's velodrome with the roof.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs

Should have spent at least £200m net on transfers this summer, on top of the £1 billion invested in the new stadium complex and training centre. Talk about penny pinching!