Television 'Squid Game: The Challenge' Reality Series Greenlit | Casting open in the UK, US and Global

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Only 15 minutes in and already I'm getting annoyed by how overly dramatized it is.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
There is something ironic about a TV show depicting the horrors of capitalism through a death game and then re-creating said "death" game in real life to further milk the concept. It kind of reminds me of how they tried to turn Josef Fritzl's home and dungeon into a museum. Once you've crossed that line you might as well turn into an escape room.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That girl giving up cause she couldn't hold a standing squat for 30 seconds is pathetic

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Watching it, but it's way too dramatized. Proper reality TV stuff, and I'm not a fan of those kind of shows

LordSpud

Just glad that a certain participant didn't make it to the end. Absolute dickhead who I thought the producers would somehow manufacture their way to the final due to it being good TV.

On that note, I loved the tug of war swerve!

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just glad that a certain participant didn't make it to the end. Absolute dickhead who I thought the producers would somehow manufacture their way to the final due to it being good TV.

On that note, I loved the tug of war swerve!
432?

mu4c_20le

So they turned it into a comedy. I just wish they had a watchalong with the korean audience, would love to see their reactions to the americans fecking around and complaining all the time.

Big Andy

Bloke
First one eliminated by that redneck and the girl made me laugh. YSB

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
why the feck did that girl vote out the old guy?? What a shite thing to do

feck that girl

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Enjoying this a lot. The feckery is great.

feck that girl
Wounding but guessing she wanted to obliterate the Gganbu Gang

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve enjoyed this actually. Thought it had potential to be crap from the first 15-20 minutes but it finds its groove. I do enjoy this concept and the fact that one person is guaranteed to feel like a God when they’re the last one standing.

Once the relationships start forming the feckery just reaches new heights and it is a good watch even if it is technically reality TV. That girl eliminating the old guy though man. Ouch.

They really should’ve seen the picnic thing coming. They knew they’d have to be paired eventually and fecking He-Man being on his own should’ve been the giveaway

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’ve enjoyed this actually. Thought it had potential to be crap from the first 15-20 minutes but it finds its groove. I do enjoy this concept and the fact that one person is guaranteed to feel like a God when they’re the last one standing.

Once the relationships start forming the feckery just reaches new heights and it is a good watch even if it is technically reality TV. That girl eliminating the old guy though man. Ouch.

They really should’ve seen the picnic thing coming. They knew they’d have to be paired eventually and fecking He-Man being on his own should’ve been the giveaway
He-man :lol:

What happens to him in it now? I can't remember if that happened in the show.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He-man :lol:

What happens to him in it now? I can't remember if that happened in the show.
In the show the player without a partner went into the next round without having to play.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
In the show the player without a partner went into the next round without having to play.
I'd have been studying the show if I was going in to this one. Wonder if some clocked on but they didn't show it so it was a surprise to the viewers that didn't. I enjoyed the surprise having forgot about it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
]I thought the old man would be a plant that mimicked 001 from the show. Didn’t turn out great….

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That girl giving up cause she couldn't hold a standing squat for 30 seconds is pathetic
Confirmed that they were waiting for up to 30 minutes between each ‘round’ of it now. Because apparently a couple of the contestants are suing them about it, after being forced to stand still for so long in uncomfortable positions.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Confirmed that they were waiting for up to 30 minutes between each ‘round’ of it now. Because apparently a couple of the contestants are suing them about it, after being forced to stand still for so long in uncomfortable positions.
How about they shut the feck up. Such entitlement. You went on a show you accept whatever happens.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Cry baby puke man :lol:

Chocolate muffin man :lol:
What's interesting is that people are weirder than characters put in movies that people consider unrealistic!

Put that guy in a film, and people would be like: 'c'mon... :rolleyes: ' but there he is; weird to the core and more naive than anything you'd see as a plot device in a film.

wr8_utd

:'(
I wasn't a huge fan in the first 15 minutes but it really picked up after that. Loved the selection criteria for the cookie game.

Tarrou

feck that girl
just seen this bit

obviously don't know how it ends up but that can't have been a smart move making literally everyone hate you surely :lol: :lol: :lol: