Television 'Squid Game: The Challenge' Reality Series Greenlit | Casting open in the UK, US and Global

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I haven't watch it, but is the social aspect comparable to the TV show "Survivor"? I believe it is on CBS in the US.
I honestly have no idea. I haven’t seen Survivor unfortunately.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
The girl behind Trey is dumb as shit. She’s happier to let him die which means she then has to guess like 14 correctly in a row. Whereas if she just goes ahead of him she only has to guess right once. Unbelievable stupidity.
This annoyed me no end. Not only was it advantageous for her to follow the team plan, but her selfish attitude and then complete switch when it suited her had no ramifications.
Mai was the only one that picked up on it and ended up getting vilified for it. To the extent that she had to apologise to her for 'making a mistake'.
That said, Mai's no angel either and has flip flopped quite a bit. And it was easy for her to get on her high horse about it considering she was never in any danger under either method as number 20.

b82REZ

Hated the first episode but my gf carried on watching it. It's actually really good.

The old man turning on the deaf girl during marbles trial cracked me up.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Really pissed off about how they're doing the finale. It's airing worldwide at the same time but at 1am UK, all so the twats in the US get to watch it live at a normal time, Europe having to get fecked as always.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Way too many luck based games that helped Mai win the entire thing.
The rock paper scissor is an ok game to play, but the way 016 was KO'd was stupid. I just feel these guys couldn't think of games after they reached 20 odd people, as most people were KO'd on the basis of luck based decisions or how close friends you managed to make

Krits

How stupid was that finale? Two luck based games. Even though between the 3, I think Maia deserved to win just based on the fact she played some sort of game instead of just being lucked in to the final 3. (Phil was pretty impressive in the previous episode though with the blindfold game).

But rock paper scissors, really? The show was good from episode 3-8 I’d say. Don’t know how heavily it was scripted. But it was good to watch while doing chores around the house.

hobbers

The final 2 games were total junk. Show turned itself into the lottery with injected drama and even more pregnant pauses.

Also 100% scripted that the first person to push a button was always going to be grey.

Globule

Should have been decided with a game of carrot in the box.

Globule

It really does feel anticlimactic.

Squid Game: The Lottery.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Ashley 278 was the worst.

She clearly didn't move on the glass bridge, even quoted as saying she wasn't going to move and let 301 keep going until he eliminated himself then acted so offended that Mai put her name out there in the next phase. If she was going to be selfish she should have just owned it but the gaslighting and hypocrisy was so annoying. She was the worst.

Globule

Ashley 278 was the worst.

She clearly didn't moved on the glass bridge, even quoted as saying she wasn't going to move and let 301 keep going then acted so offended that Mai put her name out there in the next phase. If she was going to be selfish she should have just owned it but the gaslighting and hypocrisy was so annoying.
Especially because she then had the gall to change her mind when it suited her. Suddenly she became a team player when she needed it.

I just don't understand her objection to the original plan. I could understand it if you're wearing number 12, but as number 2 surely you have to realise it's in your interests to go one each. Unless she somehow thought number 1 was going to pick correctly 17 times in a row.

Big Andy

Bloke
How stupid was that finale? Two luck based games. Even though between the 3, I think Maia deserved to win just based on the fact she played some sort of game instead of just being lucked in to the final 3. (Phil was pretty impressive in the previous episode though with the blindfold game).

But rock paper scissors, really? The show was good from episode 3-8 I’d say. Don’t know how heavily it was scripted. But it was good to watch while doing chores around the house.
Wait so they didn't even play Squid Game at the end?

Big Andy

Bloke
The final 2 games were total junk. Show turned itself into the lottery with injected drama and even more pregnant pauses.

Also 100% scripted that the first person to push a button was always going to be grey.
Why did the player pick to go second? If you don’t pick you’re guaranteed to go through especially if you’re mate is choosing second.

anant

Why did the player pick to go second? If you don’t pick you’re guaranteed to go through especially if you’re mate is choosing second.
451 played it smart though. He knew that if 016 presses green, he'd pick him, and if he presses red, he'd go through any which way.

I don't think 016 was confident in whom 451 would pick if he pressed green

Big Andy

Bloke
451 played it smart though. He knew that if 016 presses green, he'd pick him, and if he presses red, he'd go through any which way.

I don't think 016 was confident in whom 451 would pick if he pressed green
016 was fecking stupid. Just sit there and flat out refuse to pick and you're guaranteed to go through if your mate is as good a mate as you say he is. 451 was home and dry as soon as 016 decided to pick second.

hobbers

The button press game was just stupid. What would the penalties have been had no one gone first? No idea, but no one should have volunteered to go first. 3 smart finalists and that game is toast. But at least that 50/50 button press saved 016 from losing $4.6m to drawn out sheer luck.

They were obviously hyper conscious of things like gender bias as the end got nearer and that's why every single test and game after marbles was just pure luck or social deduction. Not even a real squid game to end with.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
How you calling the show Squid Games and not using Squid Game on the final? :lol:

The two finalists should have agreed to split the money 60/40 to the winner.

Too many luck based games on the end, ruining a decent idea.

Me and my mate will apply! Time to get rich!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How you calling the show Squid Games and not using Squid Game on the final? :lol:

The two finalists should have agreed to split the money 60/40 to the winner.

Too many luck based games on the end, ruining a decent idea.

Me and my mate will apply! Time to get rich!
Wasn’t the actual game in the show involving strength and stuff though? Would’ve been unfair to Mai I guess. Yeah too many luck based things in the end.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Wasn’t the actual game in the show involving strength and stuff though? Would’ve been unfair to Mai I guess. Yeah too many luck based things in the end.
Equal rights fam. Can't be changing the rules because of who gets in to the final.

Red_Aaron

I was looking forward to them playing squid game for the finale purely because I remember not having a fricken clue how it worked whilst watching the drama. I was hoping they'd explain it better in this

Suedesi

Really pissed off about how they're doing the finale. It's airing worldwide at the same time but at 1am UK, all so the twats in the US get to watch it live at a normal time, Europe having to get fecked as always.
Look at the bright side, you were spared a genuinely awful final episode

hobbers

From what I gathered from the tv show it's like attack vs defense where the attackers have to hop on one foot while the defenders push them over.

LInkash

Not sure having the game decided by a fit young man shoving an old lady over would be the best idea.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The chance games in the final episode were brutal though, which is what the show's about. Imagine being that close to it and going out like that. Be so hard to take.

You can actually outsmart someone on rock paper scissors too, which we saw Mai do. There's been research in to it. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1404.5199v1.pdf
She seemed aware of the stat about men being mostly likely to choose rock first too.

anant

The chance games in the final episode were brutal though, which is what the show's about. Imagine being that close to it and going out like that. Be so hard to take.

You can actually outsmart someone on rock paper scissors too, which we saw Mai do. There's been research in to it. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1404.5199v1.pdf
She seemed aware of the stat about men being mostly likely to choose rock first too.
I think rock paper scissor wasn't a bad game. However, picking keys from that box is more of a lottery. Similarly, the competition in which they went from 3 to 2 was quite idiotic IMO

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think rock paper scissor wasn't a bad game. However, picking keys from that box is more of a lottery. Similarly, the competition in which they went from 3 to 2 was quite idiotic IMO
Kinda represents what it's about...a mixture of smarts and luck gives you more opportunities at success. The button press was proper brutal. Genuinely be tough to ever recover from knowing you were that close, then getting binned like that.

Glorio

Didn't mind the last game to be honest.
Rock, paper, scissors has an element of trying to suss out what your opponent is thinking,
and also misleading them. It's not complete luck. I do share the view though that there were too many games based on popularity and completely out of the control of the players

Ashley/Ashleigh got her just desserts. Loved the blindfold game. Was just thinking if folks had distinct BO, one might be able detect whoever put the package on their table :lol:

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
The button press game was just stupid. What would the penalties have been had no one gone first? No idea, but no one should have volunteered to go first. 3 smart finalists and that game is toast. But at least that 50/50 button press saved 016 from losing $4.6m to drawn out sheer luck.

They were obviously hyper conscious of things like gender bias as the end got nearer and that's why every single test and game after marbles was just pure luck or social deduction. Not even a real squid game to end with.
Apparently the winner/winners didn't get their money yet.

acnumber9

That was my thought watching it. It was entirely up to the producers to decide what colour they wanted it to be. They were at dinner, place them under a cloche if you’re being above board.

Golden Nugget

Just finished this - my goodness was I annoyed in the whole Ashley thing.

Like others have mentioned - I wouldn’t have moved until she kept going and falling (or finishing) as that was her own rules. I can’t believe they let her off for that - effectively causing elimination to Trey - who got two spots right - and also causing the final guy to lose too.

The next episode was even worse, where Mai saw it, and no one seemed to care/remember. I can understand Ashley being sneaky - it’s part of the game to win - but to then make Mai the villain for trying to set things right, pissed me off the most. Glad they all lost
[/]

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
And she gets him killed and then does one jump and expects everyone to still overtake her. And they do! What the feck. I’d have told her she needs to do the rest like she was happy to force Trey to do. What a cnut.
I don't know why they just didn't push her, in the original game that type of thing was allowed so someone needed to jump on her space and push her out of the game and everyohe can continue.

Irrational.

It was an engaging watch - can’t say I really enjoyed it though. The Americanisation of one of the most watched series of all-time was cringeworthy af at times.

The constant tears, the hyperbole, acting like the players were dying, the dramatic fall to the floor once the players have been eliminated. Special mention to Mai for the dramatic Oscar worthy performance beating Chad’s chest when he was eliminated.

The show had so many dislikeable characters, starting with Mai, the frat boy, Miss MENSA and they even managed to make the deaf girl look a prat.

The winner for most annoying player has to be Ashley though. What an absolute bitch she was. Deserved to be pushed off that damn bridge.

Interesting to see it was filmed in Bedfordshire, and that a second season has been commission. I won’t be watching.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Enjoyed it until the last couple of episodes. Terrible choice of games

atkar83

I haven't watch it, but is the social aspect comparable to the TV show "Survivor"? I believe it is on CBS in the US.
It became that by the end of it. But Survivor has its rules/playstyles, no one knew the rules going into squid game other than the show, so it was basically luck only that got you through. Its not laid out if you should make friends or be solo, be loud or quiet, and most of the time the choices were out of your control