Television Star Trek

Amir

I've seen barely 5 episodes. I got traumatised by the theme song :lol:
Yeah, that wasn't good :lol:

Seasons 1 and 2 were definitely weaker (hardly a shocker, TNG's first season wasn't good). 3 and especially 4 were much better, but the damage was done.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Given the suggested timeline (between Undiscovered Country and TNG), we can probably hazard a guess at the ship type, assuming they stay true to the known history of the show. The Constellation-class is possible, and there would be a degree of continuity given that such was a former ship of Picard's before Enterprise. It also looks somewhat different with its four naceeles. Alternatively, the Enterprise-C was an Ambassador-class, and they could be sister ships.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Its about time. There should never not be a new, ongoing Star Trek series on TV. We were spoiled in the early 90s when TNG, DS9, and Voyager were running at the same time.
Agreed! Unfortunately I have visions of this being impossible to see outside the US if they put it behind an online paywall.

Given the suggested timeline (between Undiscovered Country and TNG), we can probably hazard a guess at the ship type, assuming they stay true to the known history of the show. The Constellation-class is possible, and there would be a degree of continuity given that such was a former ship of Picard's before Enterprise. It also looks somewhat different with its four naceeles. Alternatively, the Enterprise-C was an Ambassador-class, and they could be sister ships.
Have they released the plot yet?

PeteReDevil

iPete
Finally got around watching DS9. First tried a few months ago and it didn't really catch on. But after getting tired of TNG I've been really enjoying this!

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Finally got around watching DS9. First tried a few months ago and it didn't really catch on. But after getting tired of TNG I've been really enjoying this!
It's really great, I'm not a huge fan of the first and last season, otherwise it has been fantastic.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
On my last 3 eps of TNG. DS9 next.
I still prefer the original series though.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Wait till Sisko gets bald/DS9 gets its own ship/the Dominion become important/a certain TNG character joins DS9. That's when the show takes off.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I am watching Enterprise at the moment. I quite like it.

Heard it gets better after the first season.

And also, T'Pol :drool: I have never seriously considered rubbing one out after an alien before, but might do it now.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
It seems that it's all on Netflix now

Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Next Generation anyway not sure about original

OneUnited24

Terrible CGI, ship looks weird, like a combination of Federation and Klingons?

Timeline between Enterprise and OS?
Looks like something that was rushed out to get the buzz going. But at least we know the era its set now

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
So, quite a few episodes into Enterprise now and how this show gets so much hate from the Trekkies I don't know.

I especially like the episodes where they get contaminated and need to go into that purifier thing in their undies, and it always happens to T'pol :drool:

Btw, is that some 90's silicone baps I detect on T'pol there? Sure doesn't look natural.

OneUnited24

Probably don't allow hotlinking.

Ralph McQuarrie is usually absolutely awesome, but that's just disgusting.
Looks like one of those Klingon D7 cruisers. I hope that means its set at the time of the Human/Klingon war !

Will Absolute

TNG is the shit... Star Trek always grapples with big questions, moral positions, whether to intervene or not and how... It's an on-going dialectic, to a large extent, and that's more than you can say for most shows that reduce these issues to platitudes, mostly.
A good show, but a little ridiculous. It's as if Roddenberry compensated for his own disorderly life and character by insisting on a liberal, utopian fantasy future in space. Some of its precepts were absurd. The Prime Directive - a future in which human beings tiptoed through the tulips of the galaxy in a strictly spectator capacity, and with their first object being to never step on a flower? I don't think so.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Apparently they've already changed the design of the ship.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Why does every other planet have a monolithic society when Earth is so divided?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Probably don't allow hotlinking.

Ralph McQuarrie is usually absolutely awesome, but that's just disgusting.
:lol: Looks like they shopped off the end of a Star Wars imperial cruiser and replaced it with the saucer of the original Enterprise.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Half way through season 2 of Voyager and the latest ep was shite. I am seriously thinking of sacking it and going straight onto Enterprise.
Already watched the original series, STNG and DS9.
Does Voyager get any better?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Half way through season 2 of Voyager and the latest ep was shite. I am seriously thinking of sacking it and going straight onto Enterprise.
Already watched the original series, STNG and DS9.
Does Voyager get any better?
Stick with Voyager, early seasons are a bit naff but it picks up and when it does its very good.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Stick with Voyager, early seasons are a bit naff but it picks up and when it does its very good.
I just watched the ep with the female caretaker that was going to destroy them all in revenge for killing her mate. They captured her and then let her go and she just said 'oh, okay' and disappeared. Also the blonde bird got some special powers and managed to overpower the guy that was infinitely more powerful than her.

Ok, I will stick with it for a bit.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I just watched the ep with the female caretaker that was going to destroy them all in revenge for killing her mate. They captured her and then let her go and she just said 'oh, okay' and disappeared. Also the blonde bird got some special powers and managed to overpower the guy that was infinitely more powerful than her.

Ok, I will stick with it for a bit.
Kes was a moron. Shit character.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Kes was a moron. Shit character.
The problem with Voyager was that most characters were a bit shit. The worst of the shows for me together with Enterprise (for similar reasons).

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The problem with Voyager was that most characters were a bit shit. The worst of the shows for me together with Enterprise (for similar reasons).
Harry Kim and Kes were annoying. The rest of them I didn't mind. Nelix was annoying but they reduced his role later on and the Doctor had good and bad episodes.