Film Star Wars: Episode VIII

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I still remember Kylo Ren stopping that blaster bullet and the sound of my jaw hitting the floor in the cinema. That was brilliant. Like literally started tapping on my girlfriend's shoulder going "watch, watch"

Oo0AahCantona

I hope that little fur creature gets exploded by kylo ren like freeza does to krillen in dbz.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
I decided to not watch any more trailers. Even if they weren't spoilers in the first I just don't want anything from it in my head before I watch it.

Shark

@NotShark
Star Wars trailers always looks the business. Look back at episode 1 trailers and they even made that look decent.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Been getting good reviews so far. Some has said that this is the best SW film since Empire strikes back. Given that was the only SW film I found to be actually good, I am looking forward to this now.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Been getting good reviews so far. Some has said that this is the best SW film since Empire strikes back. Given that was the only SW film I found to be actually good, I am looking forward to this now.
This just general twitter stuff/people that managed to get to the premiere?

Ubik

Ubik

Critics reviews pretty good so far, at 87 on Metacritic. Apparently spoilers abounding everywhere so time to avoid most of the internet until Thursday!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Luckily I have no social media accounts, so should be able to avoid spoilers between now and Friday morning. However, at the first sign of this being threatened, I'm going into hibernation for three days.

freeurmind

weak willed
Need this to be good. Apart from Deadpool, I can't think of a major film I went to see in theatres that I wasn't disappointed by.

cyberman

Im getting a bit worried about this. Theres a few reviews on Youtube from critics I trust complaining about it being an Empire remake.
I'm also getting the feeling that the Star Wars fans on that list are convincing themselves to like it.
A lot are saying they had problems with the first viewing but enjoyed it more on the second. That tells me they didn't like where the story went but could see past it second time around.
How many time am I meant to see this thing?

Runner

I really hope they blow up another deathstar in this movie.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Im getting a bit worried about this. Theres a few reviews on Youtube from critics I trust complaining about it being an Empire remake.
I'm also getting the feeling that the Star Wars fans on that list are convincing themselves to like it.
A lot are saying they had problems with the first viewing but enjoyed it more on the second. That tells me they didn't like where the story went but could see past it second time around.
Maybe a controversial plot twist they didn't really see coming and aren't sure if they like? Would certainly fit in with the 'Empire remake' criticism if that's the case.

Rooney1987

I have seen a few youtuber reviews, Collider, ScreenJunikies, Jeremy Jahns and others the big Star Wars fans all seem mixed on it. Yet it's getting a lot of 4 to 5 star reviews in Empire, Telegraph and many more. IGN gave it a 9.7. Got high scores on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes. Looking on Reddit (somehow managed to avoid spoilers) seems like the average film goer who has seen it seems to really like it and the hardcore Star Wars fans not so much. Makes me think something happens to a major character the average Star wars fan won't like.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In a way pissing off Star Wars fans would bode well for the new film. The least interesting thing they could do is follow up TFA with another film that panders to the fans by deliberately aping the originals. Probably too much to hope they radically break the mold but something slightly more iconoclastic would be nice.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
In a way pissing off Star Wars fans would bode well for the new film. The least interesting thing they could do is follow up TFA with another film that panders to the fans by deliberately aping the originals. Probably too much to hope they radically break the mold but something slightly more iconoclastic would be nice.
To be fair you probably get a couple of types of SW fans - I'd imagine some who're into the whole mythology aspect of it wouldn't mind a film that's a bit different and not too similar to the campy feel the films have often had.

Ubik

Mainly want to know if Max Landis hates it, that'll be good enough for me. Even without seeing the film tbh.

GBBQ

85 on metacritic after 49 reviews, 46 of the reviewers are positive, 3 mixed. Quite a few giving it full marks (and not just IGN or Empire who hand those out by default to major blockbusters)

Had said previously that Johnson being given his own trilogy was a sure fire sign that Disney was happy with the final product. Now to avoid spoilers until i get to see it!

Big Andy

Bloke
Instead of hanging on reviewers words, like sheep, people should just go and see it, and if they like it, great, if they don't, oh well, it's just a film...

GBBQ

Instead of hanging on reviewers words, like sheep, people should just go and see it, and if they like it, great, if they don't, oh well, it's just a film...
How are people sheep for discussing reviewers scores? If someone had said they wont go see it because someone gave it a bad review then fine, but people are just talking about the positive reaction it has received to date, they were going to see it and judge it regardless.

Big Andy

Bloke
How are people sheep for discussing reviewers scores? If someone had said they wont go see it because someone gave it a bad review then fine, but people are just talking about the positive reaction it has received to date, they were going to see it and judge it regardless.
Not specifically anyone on here per se, but I've seen people on twitter getting their knickers in a knot about it, and how these reviews are making them not want to bother, etc, or others saying they will now go and watch it off the back of that...

To be honest, if you've watched all the other 7 Star Wars, then you've really got to go and finish the story, so reviews shouldn't really matter either way...

Ubik

Avoiding the content from most reviews but Mr Sunday Movies is always worth a listen (spoiler free, but if you want to go in with a completely open mind obviously still avoid)

Stay clear of the comments as well, prolly spoiler ridden.