Film Star Wars: Episode VIII

Someone

Something
Production teaser!

Rey took her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and will continue her epic journey with Finn, Poe, and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the continuing Star Wars saga, Star Wars: Episode VIII, which began principal photography at Pinewood Studios in London on February 15, 2016.

Star Wars: Episode VIII, which is written and directed by Rian Johnson and continues the storylines introduced in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, welcomes back cast members Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis. New cast members will include Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and talented newcomer Kelly Marie Tran.

Star Wars: Episode VIII is produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman and executive produced by J.J. Abrams, Jason McGatlin, and Tom Karnowski. Joining the production crew will be some of the industry’s top talent, including Steve Yedlin (Director of Photography), Bob Ducsay (Editor), Rick Heinrichs (Production Designer), Peter Swords King (Hair and Make-Up Designer), and Mary Vernieu (US Casting Director). They will be joining returning crew members Pippa Anderson (Co-Producer, VP Post Production), Neal Scanlan (Creature & Droid FX Creative Supervisor), Michael Kaplan (Costume Designer), Jamie Wilkinson (Prop Master), Chris Corbould (SFX Supervisor), Rob Inch (Stunt Coordinator), Ben Morris (VFX Supervisor), and Nina Gold (UK Casting Director).

Star Wars: Episode VIII is scheduled for release December 15, 2017.

Last edited:

Someone

Something
New cast members will include Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and talented newcomer Kelly Marie Tran.
Laura dern, what are the odds she's the mother?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
We have promo teasers for the first day of shooting now? The feck is wrong with Hollywood...

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
We have promo teasers for the first day of shooting now? The feck is wrong with Hollywood...
I think it's more to do with the stiffy everyone except you will get from knowing they've started to make it.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Oh, shit! Benicio Del Toro is in it. I wanna see just 2 hours of Del Toro fecking up Mark Hamil.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
The hype will start soon and I'll have lost interest by Christmas.
Still haven't watched VII because I got bored of the build up.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Would be a mistake to kill off anothrr original character.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I hope they kill Luke in the most brutal way possible. Blood and limbs all over the fecking place.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would make all kinds of sense to kill Luke. In fact it's a pretty predictable thing to do.

kps88

Ford's name wasn't mentioned anywhere in the cast announcement. I highly doubt he will return.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
No he's not coming back. There will be a brief appearance from whoever it is that will play the young Han, in Rogue One.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
The hype will start soon and I'll have lost interest by Christmas.
Still haven't watched VII because I got bored of the build up.
If you decide to watch it, watch out for the extra scene after the credits end. Best ever in my opinion.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
If you decide to watch it, watch out for the extra scene after the credits end. Best ever in my opinion.
I teach a class of 7 year olds and they have been talking about nothing else for ages. i know a lot of the story now so will watch in a few months when the DVD comes out and my addled brain can't remember the details.

Woodzy

I teach a class of 7 year olds and they have been talking about nothing else for ages. i know a lot of the story now so will watch in a few months when the DVD comes out and my addled brain can't remember the details.
Do end credits scenes make it to DVD? I genuinely don't know. What I do know is that scene just cannot be missed (especially if you want to get hyped for VIII!), so if you have to see it in the cinema then I would.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Far better than anything we've seen from Marvel - and they've had some crackers.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I will watch this this week, but I have come to the realisation recently that I don't like Star Wars very much. I think all the hype has ruined it for me. It's fecking everywhere over here.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I will watch this this week, but I have come to the realisation recently that I don't like Star Wars very much. I think all the hype has ruined it for me. It's fecking everywhere over here.
Good luck with that.