g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Film Star Wars: Episode VIII

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Someone told me it was called The Last Jedi and I thought they were taking the piss

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
...must just be me that likes it.
I like it... seems ominous & hopefully will be ESB type darker film where the Sith do well.

Disney have done well so far with the movies. I have high hopes for this one.

Clas Sified

If I'm not wrong, there used to be a novel series for young kids called 'The Last of the Jedi'. I remember thinking that was a nice name and wouldn't have minded a similar series for adults.

However, the removal of the 'of the' from the title makes it seem a whole lot less epic and nostalgic imo.

Runner

How are they going to blow up the death star this time?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
so does that mean Luke and Leia will be killed off leaving Rey as the last
I'm guessing Luke will die. Maybe an Obi Wan type moment from ANH where he trains Rey for a bit, gets into a battle & accepts his fate?

Will be interesting what they do with Leia. Apparently she was going to be in Episode 9 but now they've said they won't CGI Carrie Fisher so this must be the end for her too.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Return of the Jedi to the Last Jedi in 2 films! That's careless stuff.

Sylar

I like the name, surprised so many are feeling "meh" about it. Its just a title after all :lol:

Anyway, im wondering how real life events affect this. I hope it doesnt ruin it too much though.

OohAahMartial

Think it just means that the film is about Luke. Remember that not all force uers are Jedi, the Jedi is an order of force users that one must be accepted into and trained. At this time neither Leia nor Rey are Jedi. I like the title though.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I'm guessing Luke will die. Maybe an Obi Wan type moment from ANH where he trains Rey for a bit, gets into a battle & accepts his fate?

Will be interesting what they do with Leia. Apparently she was going to be in Episode 9 but now they've said they won't CGI Carrie Fisher so this must be the end for her too.
I hope to god they don't rip off any more stuff. Is it that hard to make new things?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Luke wont die. I do think he'll be fecked up though, nothing like the Luke in RotJ. It will help the film swerve away from the Yoda mirror in ESB.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Luke won't die imo. Jedi can be plural can't it? It could mean Luke and Rey.

Ubik

Plot twist, first scene has Luke whip out a red lightsaber.

Simbo

Jedi is plural... That title could actually mean all sorts of stuff.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I reckon I can write a note perfect review of it right now.

It'll be slightly less of an identikit Star Wars than the last Star Wars (not counting this years Star Wars, which was less Star Wars than your average Star Wars, whilst still thoroughly Star Wars) but still Star Wars enough to be fittingly Star Wars, in a "darker second Star Wars in a Star Wars trilogy" kind of way, to be labelled the "best Star Wars ever!" for the first month of release, before being eventually reappraised as "better than average Star Wars" once everyone realises just how generically Star Wars it actually is, in the grand scheme of Star Wars.

In summary, a respectable Star Wars/10.

Ubik

Whenever you post in a Star Wars thread, I imagine you having this guy's voice

I think this entire scene would be more fun

She needs to search her feelings, she knows it to be true.

Aboutreika18

I reckon I can write a note perfect review of it right now.

It'll be slightly less of an identikit Star Wars than the last Star Wars (not counting this years Star Wars, which was less Star Wars than your average Star Wars, whilst still thoroughly Star Wars) but still Star Wars enough to be fittingly Star Wars, in a "darker second Star Wars in a Star Wars trilogy" kind of way, to be labelled the "best Star Wars ever!" for the first month of release, before being eventually reappraised as "better than average Star Wars" once everyone realises just how generically Star Wars it actually is, in the grand scheme of Star Wars.

In summary, a respectable Star Wars/10.
So what you're saying is a planet blows up because of the firepower of 3 hataks ? A dozen hataks couldn't even dent an ori ship and our 304 destroyed the same ori ship with 2-3 shots with our uber asgard beams.

Classic.