Film Star Wars: Episode VIII

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Whenever you post in a Star Wars thread, I imagine you having this guy's voice

:lol:
excellent

The points raised in the Rey video are valid though - if she is his daughter, there's a LOT of explaining to do.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
:lol:
excellent

The points raised in the Rey video are valid though - if she is his daughter, there's a LOT of explaining to do.
I reckon he can swerve his way round most of them. Plus I think it's a fairly good bet she was at his Academy, so even if it wasn't his kid he'd still have dumped a small child to her apparent doom, which is harsh whatever her parentage. Then there's the option that it was Kylo that shoved her there, maybe after not being able to kill her (as she was his little cousin!).

As long as she's not a bloody virgin birth reincarnation of Anakin I'll be fine.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I reckon Rey is Kenobi's daughter.
I doubt it. Rey is late teens/early twenties, and TFA is set 33 years after he dies. Even if he'd picked up some fanny in the cantina when the audience wasn't looking, he'd be too old to get it up anyway.

Sylar

I reckon Rey is Kenobi's daughter.
Im thinking grand-daughter somehow. Would be funny if she is, and also the long lost daughter of Luke, thats why shes so strong. Double connection. One of Lukes hook-ups, with somebody nobody knew was alive (until we get the spinoff :D )

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Tom Hardy is rumored to play a storm trooper :lol:

Revan

Assumptionman
Im thinking grand-daughter somehow. Would be funny if she is, and also the long lost daughter of Luke, thats why shes so strong. Double connection. One of Lukes hook-ups, with somebody nobody knew was alive (until we get the spinoff :D )
Yeah, also Yoda was somehow related on the orgy, together with Mace Windu, Palpatine and his master Darth Jar Jar Snoke.

Lets make a latin telenovela.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
No chance. Way too young.
I doubt it. Rey is late teens/early twenties, and TFA is set 33 years after he dies. Even if he'd picked up some fanny in the cantina when the audience wasn't looking, he'd be too old to get it up anyway.
Aye, sorry would be great grand daughter. Getting Luke and Anakin mixed up. She's a Kenobi though I reckon.

Art Vandelay

You'd think Rey would just get a jacket with sleeves instead of insisting on arm bandages as a form of clothing.

Trailer looked good and wasn't using pure nostalgia to sell it.

Sylar

Nice teaser. I think thats the only reason I watched it, cos its a teaser rather than a trailer :D

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
I am so hyped up for this! I love everything* Star Wars so much. December can't come fast enough.

*this should not and does not include Jar Jar

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Dont understand the hype with Star Wars at all. I'll watch it but as a series, I think they're only good, not amazing. Hated Rogue One.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Dont understand the hype with Star Wars at all. I'll watch it but as a series, I think they're only good, not amazing. Hated Rogue One.
It's strange with Star Wars, I think it's definitely greater than the sum of its parts. Is there one truly great film in the entire thing? Empire maybe? But it's this huge complex universe with more depth than any other film series. It's a little bizarre that it's spawned all this.

Peanut Butter

Because of the characters, lore and mixture of politics and magic/religion (the force).

If you were born in the 70s and grew up with it, the chances are you will follow it forever.

I love every film - even the 'bad' ones.

That trailer is :drool:

pauldyson1uk

Because of the characters, lore and mixture of politics and magic/religion (the force).

If you were born in the 70s and grew up with it, the chances are you will follow it forever.

spot on this.
Pretty much the first film I went to see on my own was Star Wars.
I have been hooked ever since , watched them all many times , even the bad ones.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

Exactly what Peanut Butter said.

I don't care how old and jaded I get, when the opening music starts on a new Star Wars movie I am transported to being 5 years old in a tiny hot theatre in the middle of the summer in the late 1970s all over again.

kps88

Trailer wasn't anything special but I love that poster. I'm going to try and avoid all future trailers.

And is it just me who doesn't particularly like the space battles? The final battle in New Hope was great as it was pivotal to the story, but the rest of them are usually a case of "hurry up and get back to the action on the ground".

Peanut Butter

Trailer wasn't anything special but I love that poster. I'm going to try and avoid all future trailers.

And is it just me who doesn't particularly like the space battles? The final battle in New Hope was great as it was pivotal to the story, but the rest of them are usually a case of "hurry up and get back to the action on the ground".
Yeah the space battles are my least favourite part of Star Wars but I know some people that love them.

I am hyped for this new one. I never go to the cinema these days but always make an effort for a new Star Wars.

settembrini

Yep. Star Wars is just a special thing for one particular generation whilst everyone else sees it as a franchise of extremely variable quality. Harry Potter is the same for people born in the 90s.

Andersons Dietician

Maybe she is the reincarnation of Yoda. However space bacteria immaculate birth. The balance and all that of the force. She's the new chosen one