g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

BristolRuss

The sequel to the underappreciated Jedi: Fallen Order coming out 2023. If that is the Grand Inquisitor then they finally have his look right unlike Rebels and Obi-Wan!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Exciting. Looking forward to this as I thoroughly enjoyed Fallen Order.

I hope they give you the option of a single hilt lightsaber. I don't care for the double. Speaking of the lightsaber, I hope it actually feels like one this time. In Fallen Order it felt like it was just a really bright baseball bat.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Fallen Order was great, one of those games where I wanted to explore every nook and do everything

Very much looking forward to this.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Games are becoming so good graphically, I genuinely couldn't tell if it was a film or a game from that thumbnail

Sviken

Probably the only good Star Wars thing that was produced ever since Lucas sold the rights.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Nice. I wouldn’t say the first was anything special as a game but it was still a lot of fun and managed to combine well with the Star Wars universe. Hopefully they’ve built on it well.

Hoof the ball

Worth mentioning that this release is next-gen only, which is very positive in my eyes because at least we can hope for a push of next-gen capabilities.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Probably replay Fallen Order again.
I gather there's a free PS5 upgrade ?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

The sequel to the underappreciated Jedi: Fallen Order coming out 2023. If that is the Grand Inquisitor then they finally have his look right unlike Rebels and Obi-Wan!
Underappreciated? Iirc, it did notably well commercially, which is also big part of the reason we're getting a sequel.

Anyways: :drool:

choccy77

Loved this game so much, but my only complaint was the spider creatures and then the same bloody creatures again and again throughout.

It was not pleasant or easy for me to get through this game.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Loved this game so much, but my only complaint was the spider creatures and then the same bloody creatures again and again throughout.

It was not pleasant or easy for me to get through this game.
Being a soulsborne-noob i started at Jedi difficulty and worked my way up to Jedi Grandmaster. Taron Malicos was a different beast on highest diificulty.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They need to streamline the game. The original was enjoyable for about 10-15 hours but then just felt repetitive and the story was very weak. A shorter game with a more focused story would work better.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I overall liked it more than not, but it is a half baked mish-mash of a lot of different games without getting any right. Take away the Star Wars license, and no way would it be getting the same praise.

If they can improve on the sequel and at least make the combat more fun, then it could definitely be getting towards greatness. Though it is EA...

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
It was utter crap mate - looked the part and I love Star Wars but it was an incredibly boring, on the rails game that had me uninstalling after about 3 hours. It was rubbish.
You haven't even seen 75% of it :lol:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You haven't even seen 75% of it :lol:
After the first 3 hours I had absolutely no interest in seeing any more of it. It was getting repetitive already and it was a game basically on rails which is just is not fun for me, I found it very boring.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Started replaying Fallen Order last night on the PS5 and the framerate issues are still annoyingly present ,as are the continuing popping up of textures.

It's a slight shame as I thought, having initially played this on the base PS4, that there would be quite a improvement but it doesn't look like a huge leap in quality at the moment.

Still, the gameplay itself is still rather enjoyable. Sure its very, very Dark Souls light but I can deal with this at the moment.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So is it worth playing the fallen order if it goes on sale on the PS store?

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I hated Fallen Order. I felt like it had such promise, but I needed something more than the same movement pattern repeated 500 times and I needed to be able to run more than 10 feet before my next 'jump, grab, shimmy shimmy, drop down' repetitive combo. Felt like that combo was all I did for hours on end, when I think of puzzle games I think of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, worlds apart. I hope this is better with more diversity in the puzzles and less repetitive movement so exploration isn't a chore. Feels like 30% of the game was me staring at a wall, shimmying horizontally across whatever surface I'm grabbing onto.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I hated Fallen Order. I felt like it had such promise, but I needed something more than the same movement pattern repeated 500 times and I needed to be able to run more than 10 feet before my next 'jump, grab, shimmy shimmy, drop down' repetitive combo. Felt like that combo was all I did for hours on end, when I think of puzzle games I think of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, worlds apart. I hope this is better with more diversity in the puzzles and less repetitive movement so exploration isn't a chore. Feels like 30% of the game was me staring at a wall, shimmying horizontally across whatever surface I'm grabbing onto.
Ouch.

But very much agreed.

b82REZ

Not got high hopes for this.

The first was a jack of all trades, master of none. The combat was way too floaty and unresponsive for a game that aspired to be a Souls-like. The Metroidvania aspects were lazily implemented and the puzzles were basic and boring.

Tried getting into it a few times and bounced off it hard.