Film Star Wars: The Force Awakens | NO SPOILERS!

The Red Thinker

I dunno about you boys and girls but I've been a Star Wars fan all my life. When that theme smashes into our ears and the Star Wars title drifts into space, I get shivers down my spine - every bloody time.

So, since it's almost time for the release of the first trailer of what is going to be a truly epic saga (hopefully) and will banish most of the crap in the prequel trilogy out of our minds ( I actually didn't mind Revenge of the Sith), I think it's time I assemble all those of you one with the Force.

HERE IT IS!

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I've been refreshing youtube every 30mins :lol:

Don't agree with your assessment though. I disliked all of the prequels and really disliked Revenge of the Sith. That whole film was extremely silly.

Excited to see what JJ can do with Star Wars though.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I might watch it, apparently there's no actual new footage?

RUUD_10_LEGEND

Half of America stayed up all night thinking it was going online at midnight PST :lol:

Should be out in the next couple of hours. I'm home from work, pumped and ready to help break the internet

The Red Thinker

I've been refreshing youtube every 30mins :lol:

Don't agree with your assessment though. I disliked all of the prequels and really disliked Revenge of the Sith. That whole film was extremely silly.

Excited to see what JJ can do with Star Wars though.
He did stellar with Star Trek, so I'm quite optimistic!

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
It's gonna be shite. I'm not 12 anymore and that's the age range it will be aimed at.

The Red Thinker

Half of America stayed up all night thinking it was going online at midnight PST :lol:

Should be out in the next couple of hours. I'm home from work, pumped and ready to help break the internet
Twitter is awash with scandals and sad deaths... wait until the Force Awakens!

The Red Thinker

It's gonna be shite. I'm not 12 anymore and that's the age range it will be aimed at.
Various reliable sources and Mark Hammill himself, a noted critic of the prequels, has said that the feel of this movie is more Empire Strikes Back than the others... so though kids may be part of the ride, it will be no means be strictly for kids. Disney isn't dumb enough to alienate the fans like Lucas did.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Various reliable sources and Mark Hammill himself, a noted critic of the prequels, has said that the feel of this movie is more Empire Strikes Back than the others... so though kids may be part of the ride, it will be no means be strictly for kids. Disney isn't dumb enough to alienate the fans like Lucas did.
I hope so.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Neither is JJ. He'll want to pull at heart strings and take it towards adult themes, that's what he's best at.

RUUD_10_LEGEND

apple.com/trailers will have it, and it's just been announced that youtube will too. (Apparently)

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I hope all it will be is a single shot of space for 88 seconds.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I've found a trailer that is 1 min 27, and it's pretty convincing.

Edit:
There's a scene from enders game which skipped me by.
Damn it.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I just rewatched the first Star Trek Trailer. Loads of fast edits, main bulk of the trailer revolved around a pointless part of the story (when Kirk was a kid and trashing the car). It worked well as a trailer from memory though, got people talking/ranting/speculating.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
No genetically engineered dinos. Called it.

Giggled with that red lightsaber thing with the little bits on the side, looks ridiculous.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was hoping for a bit more but I expected that. Can't really judge anything from that teaser.