Film Star Wars: The Force Awakens | NO SPOILERS!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
1. Is that Tatooine ? Looks kinda like it.

2. Stormtrooper's landing operation is badass.

3. Formation of X-Wings flying just above the water is nice display of effects, too.

4. Who's that guy ? He looks kinda lost. :lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
They're using the rebel alliance logo on the pilots helmet... interesting.

Also, i'm assuming the lost stormtrooper isn't an actual storm trooper but disguised as a storm trooper maybe?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
So, who is the fella holding the light sabre then? Is he perhaps someone Palpatine trained behind Vader's back?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
They're using the rebel alliance logo on the pilots helmet... interesting.

Also, i'm assuming the lost stormtrooper isn't an actual storm trooper but disguised as a storm trooper maybe?
Perhaps traitor to the Empire or what's left of it, just like Lando Carlissian.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Perhaps traitor to the Empire or what's left of it, just like Lando Carlissian.
Could well be. I'm wondering if the XWing scene is a flashback which explains why the pilot has the rebel alliance logo? Would also explain why he's wearing pretty much identical jump suit to A New Hope. Although the helmet itself is odd, perhaps training helmet? /shrugs. No idea why they'd have a flashback of that though... :lol:

Phil Duck

Can't wait to completely ignore this movie, Hollywood is at its worst time ever, trash after trash being released. We used to have imagination from producers and directors from the 70's to the 90's but now everything is just a spin off of the spin off, production companies making money out of 30 and 40 year olds hungry of nostalgia.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
So, who is the fella holding the light sabre then? Is he perhaps someone Palpatine trained behind Vader's back?
Luke Skywalker. He figured that if he puts two smaller light sabers to act as guard for his hands, no one will cutting his remaning one off any time soon. A wise move with his families history of injuries.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Can't wait to completely ignore this movie, Hollywood is at its worst time ever, trash after trash being released. We used to have imagination from producers and directors from the 70's to the 90's but now everything is just a spin off of the spin off, production companies making money out of 30 and 40 year olds hungry of nostalgia.
So i guess you didn't see Interstellar, or even heard of it?

Member 39557

That lightsabre looked dangerous to wield. I expect the bearer's arms/body to be a mass of scars from sabre practice.

Nice trailer though, the voice was menacing, the falcon looked good and that guy looked pretty confused/scared to be running around in the desert.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Lightsaber is just ridiculous. The whole trailer is a bit meh for me. But the theme music in the end brought up so many memories!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Could well be. I'm wondering if the XWing scene is a flashback which explains why the pilot has the rebel alliance logo? Would also explain why he's wearing pretty much identical jump suit to A New Hope. Although the helmet itself is odd, perhaps training helmet? /shrugs. No idea why they'd have a flashback of that though... :lol:
Exactly. :lol:

I'm thinking... If it's really Tatooine then it may be a proper place to hide remaining armies of the fallen Empire. Perhaps awakening of the force is aimed at the dark side this time... or it's a flashback indeed because we know Han Solo spend a lot of time on that planet in his younger age.

Damn you, teaser. Even bigger mindfeck than all the fake trailers with Cumberbatch's voice from Star Trek... :lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
That is 100% Tatooine. The skybox is identical to the originals. The snowy forest wouldn't be Hoth because Hoth didn't have trees so that must be a new planet? The xwings over the lake looks like it might be Yavin 4 (the planet at the end of A New Hope, which might fit in well with my flashback theory?).

Does look like a lot of the story will be set on Tatooine. Makes you wonder if Bobba Fett might be involved...

The Mitcher

You shouldn't have even acknowledged him to be honest.
Maybe, but some people's nostalgia needs to be dealt with. Hollywood hasn't changed in the 90 years its become a huge force in the world, for every classic piece of art there's 10 production line duds. Always has been, always will be.

The Mitcher

Did anyone think the troopers were real people? They did not look like CGI Characters like the prequels.

The Red Thinker

Is is just me or is that Benedict Cumberbatch's voice?? I know it can be Serkis, but that diction is very Smaug-like.

Woodzy

Honestly, there is no need for that silly lightsaber.

The Darth Maul staff was cool and useful (and I assume introduced in EU anyway?)... this is just gimmicky for the sake of it.