Film Star Wars: The Force Awakens | NO SPOILERS!

The Red Thinker

He's not in it. Its most likely Lars von Trier.
Benedict Cumberbatch was on the set of Star Wars. He has even admitted it. Though, he said that he's just meeting up with his buddy Simon Pegg.

Though, he did also say he wasn't Kahn in Into Darkness... so you never know. They have the right to not reveal all of the cast you know.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That is 100% Tatooine. The skybox is identical to the originals. The snowy forest wouldn't be Hoth because Hoth didn't have trees so that must be a new planet? The xwings over the lake looks like it might be Yavin 4 (the planet at the end of A New Hope, which might fit in well with my flashback theory?).
Good eye and memory. I forgot Hoth was more like a snowy desert. That planet feels just as mystical as Dagobah... Place of the rebirth of a dark side perhaps ?

Yavin 4 is a strong possibility. If I was an Empire I would definitely strike Alliance in some historical place where would hurt them. That's probably where their fleet stationed after destroying first death star and even longer.

The Red Thinker

Oh shit you're right. I thought Cumberbatch confirmed it a while back, looks like I was wrong.
He tends to lie. He's quite the tease that way. Proper Geek he is. With all his vocal ability, he's perfect for Star Wars. I may be wrong, but it is by no means a stretch of the imagination.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Benedict Cumberbatch was on the set of Star Wars. He has even admitted it. Though, he said that he's just meeting up with his buddy Simon Pegg.

Though, he did also say he wasn't Kahn in Into Darkness... so you never know. They have the right to not reveal all of the cast you know.
He's not in it, they announced the official cast ages ago, and we already knew Cumberbatch was in Star Trek just not his role.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
More of a teaser than a trailer, I was hoping they'd show a bit more. The Falcon looks awesome.

The Mitcher

I agree with you, they do look like they aren't CGI in that scene, will look far better than they did in the prequels.

Made me laugh when I saw the lightsaber though, it looked like it was malfunctioning :lol:
I thought it looked badass, but the hilt was too ridiculous :lol:

The Red Thinker

The standouts in the trailer

- That voice over was... intense!
- A real dark theme and sense of urgency
- Boyega the storm trooper! What a surprise!
- 'Chrome Troopers' as they're going to be called, looked smart
- That Teutonic Light Sabre was FECKING COOL (I know some will grumble but anyways)
- X-Wings looking beautiful!
- The Millennium Falcon flying around in breathtaking visuals and John Williams's score gliding with it...

That was the best possible teaser to put out in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm delirious and possibly 9 yrs old right now.

The Mitcher

- That Teutonic Light Sabre was FECKING COOL (I know some will grumble but anyways)
- The Millennium Falcon flying around in breathtaking visuals and John Williams's score gliding with it...

I doubt he's a storm trooper, probably in disguise. Or if he is, he's running away after seeing the light?

Everything else...oooooooh

The Red Thinker

He's not in it, they announced the official cast ages ago, and we already knew Cumberbatch was in Star Trek just not his role.
Official casts mean nothing my friend. If you're going to surprise an audience are you going to put the name in the official cast?

And mind you, the cast that was put out earlier wer the main players at the first table read. Not all of the possible characters.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Good eye and memory. I forgot Hoth was more like a snowy desert. That planet feels just as mystical as Dagobah... Place of the rebirth of a dark side perhaps ?

Yavin 4 is a strong possibility. If I was an Empire I would definitely strike Alliance in some historical place where would hurt them. That's probably where their fleet stationed after destroying first death star and even longer.
Not sure about the flashback now. Just had a look at the scenes a ANH and although the costume looks very similar there are a number of difference to the pilot costume in the trailer. Just seems a bit strange that there's a new Rebel Alliance? I'd have thought that after Return of the Jedi they'd have restored the Republic. Unless they simply kept the logo of the alliance as a reminder to the Alliance struggle.

But if the Empire did attack anywhere, then Yavin 4 would be a great place to strike. I see to recall (this is from some of the computer games) that Luke founded the Jedi Stronghold/Base thing on Yavin 4 after Return of the Jedi.

The Mitcher

Official casts mean nothing my friend. If you're going to surprise an audience are you going to put the name in the official cast?

And mind you, the cast that was put out earlier wer the main players at the first table read. Not all of the possible characters.
I think they mean a hell of a lot.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

I agree to all of this. I laughed at the lightsaber but it was fricking awesome to be fair, much like I thought Darth Maul's was.

The Millenium Falcon was the highlight for me by far along with the X Wings gliding across the water. That trailer teased me beyond recognition.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Not sure about the flashback now. Just had a look at the scenes a ANH and although the costume looks very similar there are a number of difference to the pilot costume in the trailer. Just seems a bit strange that there's a new Rebel Alliance? I'd have thought that after Return of the Jedi they'd have restored the Republic. Unless they simply kept the logo of the alliance as a reminder to the Alliance struggle.

But if the Empire did attack anywhere, then Yavin 4 would be a great place to strike. I see to recall (this is from some of the computer games) that Luke founded the Jedi Stronghold/Base thing on Yavin 4 after Return of the Jedi.
That's mindblowing theory. If fallen Empire will manage to decimate new found Jedi Academy by any chance this may be the reason to restore old X-Wing squads with most experienced pilots and veterans from previous wars. Wild stuff but would make some sense. I assume the best pilot in the oldschool Rebellion, Wedge Antilles still has it... that would be simply an epic appearance. Colossal win for the franchise.

That thing with old/new Rebel Alliance may be like an emergency solution or a secret elite guard of honor in case some fubar situation where there's again so much corruption in the senate with intergalactic morons like Jar Jar Binks being one of the representatives... There's again another mission for Luke in this to step up again to the bigger conflict... or he'll become just like Yoda and Obi Wan, sitting in the cave, teaching and advising new generation.

One simple question... Who's piloting the old Millenium Falcon ? Solo or his old friend Lando who also became a hero type character for new Rebellion/Republic. I doubt it's Lando but it would be cool if the actor appear just for a short time.

Raptori

Special needs

No reason for them to change their logo just because they're no longer rebelling against anyone :)

Loving the look of it, but I have to say that based on that trailer I think the films will majorly suck. Why? I see no R2D2. :mad:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
That's mindblowing theory. If fallen Empire will manage to decimate new found Jedi Academy by any chance this may be the reason to restore old X-Wing squads with most experienced pilots and veterans from previous wars. Wild stuff but would make some sense. I assume the best pilot in the oldschool Rebellion, Wedge Antilles still has it... that would be simply an epic appearance. Colossal win for the franchise.

That thing with old/new Rebel Alliance may like an emergency solution or a secret elite guard of honor in case some fubar situation where there's again so much corruption in the senate with intergalactic morons like Jar Jar Binks being one of the representatives... There's again another mission for Luke in this to step up again to the bigger conflict... or he'll become just like Yoda and Obi Wan, sitting in the cave, teaching and advising new generation.

One simple question... Who's piloting the old Millenium Falcon ? Solo or his old friend Lando who also became a hero type character for new Rebellion/Republic. I doubt it's Lando but it would be cool if the actor appear just for a short time.
Star Wars Wiki said:
It also became the base for a Jedi Academy after the war ended.
Yeah, kind of makes sense that if the Imperials are still about that they'd be trying to do terrorist type attacks. Hitting Yavin 4 would be a great place to start! Could also provide the "dark" themes of the film that Hamill has suggested.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Is anyone else pumped that we get to see lightsabre battle in this movie?? I was kinda worried

My apologies!
I'd be surprised if we did considering the lack of Sith and Jedi. Can't be that many Jedi floating about. Perhaps a brawl between Luke and this new fella? Could Luke be killed off in the first movie?

The Red Thinker

I'd be surprised if we did considering the lack of Sith and Jedi. Can't be that many Jedi floating about. Perhaps a brawl between Luke and this new fella? Could Luke be killed off in the first movie?
The odds are stacked against him! First movie of both trilogies had one thing in common - Legendary Jedi falls.

Though, since Luke is the Grandmaster of the order, or so I believe in my head, he may yet survive this one. We may instead see a dramatic numbers increase for the Sith. No more "Only two" Sith business. We're talking scorched earth here!

The Red Thinker

Even in a world where Ewoks helped defeat the Empire, this seems silly.
You mean teddy bears with spears defeating trained troopers weilding tech way ahead of their time is less sillier than a lightsabre with two extra blades to the sides? Okay then... I guess I'll disagree.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
It's just a lightsabre with a hilt. I imagine it's for a defensive stance. If anything it's a bit of protection.

The Red Thinker

It's just a lightsabre with a hilt. I imagine it's for a defensive stance. If anything it's a bit of protection.
Exactly... It is based on the Teutonic Swords of the Middle Ages. I'm clutching at straws here, but the middle ages were the period with the most battles between "Light" and the "dark", depending which religion considered to be what in each of their perspectives.