Film Star Wars: The Force Awakens | NO SPOILERS!

Revan

Assumptionman
Seems like this may break the record for sales. Already on $610m and its not even been a week.
China hasn't opened yet, right? For Jurassic World, China itself made around 100m in the first weekend.

SW worldwide opening was around the same as JW, but SW was without China.

Last edited:

Ixion

It should be able to cross 2 billion worldwide, hopefully it can beat Avatar overall, that would be incredible.

vanthaman

Winner
I almost missed the end credits scene, was walking out when realising the lights were still off and over half of those in the cinema were still seated so sat back down again

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
China hasn't opened yet, right? For Jurassic World, China itself made around 100m in the first weekend.

SW worldwide opening was around the same as JW, but SW was without China.
It beat JW.

Heardy

Make sure you stay for the end credits scene. I missed it and had to actually find a shite quality cam version of the film just to see it.
Thanks for the "heads up" - I warned my boss that he had to sit through the credits for the post credit scene, only for him to ring me up not exactly thanking me for making him sit through 10 minutes of credits for no additional scene!! :lol:

Revan

Assumptionman
Thanks for the "heads up" - I warned my boss that he had to sit through the credits for the post credit scene, only for him to ring me up not exactly thanking me for making him sit through 10 minutes of credits for no additional scene!! :lol:
:lol:

Dan

@Twigginater :lol:

Amir

Saw, I finally saw it. An hour later, I was thinking 'alright, saw it, it's done'. Five hours later, I'm thinking 'I've gotta watch it again'.

It's up there with the original trilogy and that says it all. Excellent.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I really enjoyed it (the post credit sequence especially ;)).

Slevs

likes to play with penises
:lol::lol:

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
So it is about to overtake Avatar in America, already overtook Avatar in Britain and if it gets the projected $500m from China ($200m more then the second highest) then it will still fall over $200m short of Avatar. Begs the question, where the feck did Avatar make its money?

Sigma

So it is about to overtake Avatar in America, already overtook Avatar in Britain and if it gets the projected $500m from China ($200m more then the second highest) then it will still fall over $200m short of Avatar. Begs the question, where the feck did Avatar make its money?
Think it was because of the inflated prices from 3D

stevoc

It wasn't just the 3D they re-released the extended version in the cinema which added to it's total.