g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Film Star Wars: The Force Awakens | NO SPOILERS!

Zen

How long you reckon until Episode VIII inevitably gets pushed back to December 2017? Pretty surprised to see it slated for May at the moment. Has it even started filming or hell pre-production?

Looking at releases, the only reason I can see that they haven't gone straight in for December is because Cameron is still randomly slated to have Avatar 2 out by then....yeah right.

Last edited:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
How long you reckon until Episode VIII inevitably gets pushed back to December 2017? Pretty surprised to see it slated for May at the moment. Has it even started filming or hell pre-production?

Looking at releases, the only reason I can see that they haven't gone straight in for December is because Cameron is still randomly slated to have Avatar 2 out by then....yeah right.
I read they start filming in March for Episode VIII. It was a while ago when I saw that though so it might have changed.

Woodzy

The scene after the credits gets me excited for the next installment more than the film itself.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
So glad I stayed, usually leave but the cinema was so packed we just waited in our seats.
Same here, I was going to leave but my lad dropped his phone and we were looking around on the floor for it for ages then literally when we found it the credits stopped and the teaser scene came on. :drool::drool:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Yeah, without spoiling it the scene after the credits is pretty epic. Make sure you stay till the end.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I thought they said there was going to be no end credits scene?

I don't know if I believe you bastards or not.

Watching it tomorrow night. So excited.

Parma Dewol

I thought it was awesome. A proper Star Wars film.

A word of caution that may be helpful to people planning on going: I saw it in 3D and wish I hadn't. In my opinion the 3D elements don't add anything meaningful to the movie, and it takes away some of the detail. I'll be going to see it again in 2D so I can properly see what's going on in the fast-paced scenes.

Sigma

Guys it's not been said in here yet (or has it?) but make sure you stay after the credits.
I was sitting beside a few people that I didn't know and because I'm a nice guy I said told them that there was an end credit scene...

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
This post credit thing is starting to sound like a wind up to me

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I was a bit like that too which was weird considering I've never been a massive fan of the films but I did rewatch them all recently to catch up. I felt my heart racing a bit when
I knew we were finally going to see Luke :lol:
Edit.
Wrong thread. Removing spoiler.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
This post credit thing is starting to sound like a wind up to me
Same. I'm sure I read something a while ago saying there would be no end credits scene.

I won't stay for it. If there is one, it'll be online at some point.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
They're taking the piss yeah. There is a small post credits clip which relates to the events of the film, but it's not 'epic' or a huge revelation for the next film. Would only stay if you're a proper Star Wars fan.

Saw it on Thurs last week. Admittedly I did have mixed feelings walking out of there at the end. But after a bit of time to digest, I can say I thought it was a brilliant Star Wars movie, that I would appreciate even more with a 2nd viewing.

It's the first one in the saga to get the balance right between CGI and practical effects. There's a sense of realism throughout that immerses you in the movie. I also like the natural chemistry between the younger lead stars which bodes well for the following films. It does a good job of making you care about these characters, especially Daisy Ridley who was outstanding in her first ever movie. She's gained a lot of admirers. Overall it definitely leaves you wanting more and i'm looking forward to the next one!

8.5/10

Last edited:

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I was explicitly told there wasn't going to be an after-credits scene by staff. Might need to have a few strong words tomorrow.

Sam

Anyone seen this in 4DX?

My mates want to go on Thursday, but I don't particularly like the sound of being sprayed with water while watching a film. In fact, I can't think of anything worse. I don't even like the rain. Actually, is there even any water scenes in Force Awakens?

Sigma

Anyone seen this in 4DX?

My mates want to go on Thursday, but I don't particularly like the sound of being sprayed with water while watching a film. In fact, I can't think of anything worse. I don't even like the rain. Actually, is there even any water scenes in Force Awakens?
Never heard of 4DX. Do you smell whats happening too :lol:?

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Seems like this may break the record for sales. Already on $610m and its not even been a week.