g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Film Star Wars: The Force Awakens | NO SPOILERS!

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Was really good! Now have to go see it again in 2D.

Ubik

Would people recommend 2d or 3D for this one?
The 3D was pretty well done but has the usual lighting and focus issues, the only thing that really wowed me was a Star Destroyer that really did look like it was poking out the screen into my face. Personal taste really but don't think you're missing much if you go 2D, only reason I went 3 was that I thought the screen would be bigger.

El-Manos

The 3D was pretty well done but has the usual lighting and focus issues, the only thing that really wowed me was a Star Destroyer that really did look like it was poking out the screen into my face. Personal taste really but don't think you're missing much if you go 2D, only reason I went 3 was that I thought the screen would be bigger.
2D it is, thanks for that!

Zen

I thought it was very good. Well executed, superbly paced. Solid acting and there should be more growth from the weaker links with Rian Johnson......who I hope is given freedom to take this trilogy into it's own thing rather than touching upon the originals heavily like this did, because that's only going to work once.

Only the second time I've bothered with 3D due to their being no 2D IMAX showing, if you like that sort of thing....then do it, it doesn't bother me though, I'd have enjoyed it just as much in 2D. Someone said about the Star Destroyer coming out at you, that was pretty good to be fair.

The 'reveals' are so obvious that the film itself doesn't even treat them as reveals which was something I liked, basic storytelling, kudos.

Zen

Can't y'all just wait for 2 weeks? The theatres will be empty by then
I went with a couple mates straight off nights......and it was empty then. Show up and buy, no queue. If you have an unlimited card with cineworld, you can use it

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
845 tonight. Can't wait to not have to be really really careful what I click on!!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Anyone else not really liking the new Storm Troopers? The design looks a bit too plastic-y for me. Like something you'd see in some generic futuristic film like Starship Troopers or something.

Tribec

Anyone else not really liking the new Storm Troopers? The design looks a bit too plastic-y for me. Like something you'd see in some generic futuristic film like Starship Troopers or something.
They were a lot cleaner than the originals. Certainly not a fan of the chrome suit.

I see it's confirmed that Daniel Craig did in fact play a storm trooper in this film. I enjoyed his scene, but it could have been a bit shorter, to make it less comedic.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
For anyone wanting to see this in 3D i'd just like to say it's not really essential as it's not a huge 3D film. The only bits that are shot in 3D are the space scenes, and they do look good in 3D but that's the only time you notice it and there is only one real 3D wow moment in the whole film to be honest.

The 3D was pretty well done but has the usual lighting and focus issues, the only thing that really wowed me was a Star Destroyer that really did look like it was poking out the screen into my face. Personal taste really but don't think you're missing much if you go 2D.
Yeah, this!

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I'll spoiler my personal rating for the movie. No words just a rating, honest.

9.5/10

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Don't think I'll be watching this until the 27th myself. Will give a verdict in the other thread when I do but it looks like there's plenty of praise already from those that have seen it.

Ubik

Kermode loved it as well, and describes himself as someone that wasn't a fan beforehand - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03chr5d

No spoilers in the review either. I agree with every word he says too. Wish I could see it in Imax 2D, would be perfect.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I didn't think it was all that if i'm honest. Never really got going for me, but it had it's moments. I'd give it a 7/10, which might sound generous but 6 sounds too harsh, it was better than that.

Plus decimals are for morons.

Zen

So is a 10 system when people barely use the scores below 6......I consider 6 a good film, 7 very good etc. 10 and 9 are pretty god damn rare in modern film. Yet when I tell people I give a film 6/10, they react like I'm hating the thing.

Bordering on a 7 for me, and yeah I think I'll go with 7, because I had so much fun watching it, it was just a damn good blockbuster that I at no point really found myself going into nitpicking mode out of the silliness or boredom that I seem to mostly do when I see these big money films nowadays. Stuff like JW, Furious 7 and Avengers 2 drove me insane except a few moments.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
So is a 10 system when people barely use the scores below 6......I consider 6 a good film, 7 very good etc. 10 and 9 are pretty god damn rare in modern film. Yet when I tell people I give a film 6/10, they react like I'm hating the thing.

Bordering on a 7 for me, and yeah I think I'll go with 7, because I had so much fun watching it, it was just a damn good blockbuster that I at no point really found myself going into nitpicking mode out of the silliness or boredom that I seem to mostly do when I see these big money films nowadays. Stuff like JW, Furious 7 and Avengers 2 drove me insane except a few moments.
I'm in the boat of 6 being not very good, or just ok. Anything below that is bad for me, I don't know why, it's just how I see it. Some logarithmic mentalness.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Saw it today and thought it was brilliant. Really love all the new characters especially BB8, and Daisy Ridley is gorgeous.

The way they used more props and prosthesis as opposed to CGI and kept the classic transitions gave it that old school feel. The whole film was visually superb and it had quite a few laugh out loud moments too. Can't wait for the next one.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Felt a bit emotional watching it, what a soppy cnut.
I was a bit like that too which was weird considering I've never been a massive fan of the films but I did rewatch them all recently to catch up. I felt my heart racing a bit when
I knew we were finally going to see Luke :lol:

Mark_GrumpyLion

Going tonight! Managed to avoid all spoilers so I am super happy with myself. I'm going with my mom in a nostalgia moment (we both watched the movies and played with the toys growing up and we bonded over it after my parents divorce.) Am excited!