Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

vuc

First Team Serb
I knew that Jovetic would tear them a new one tonight. He has been in blistering form as of late. Really good player, but so intelligent already at his age. Not too mention he is a leader, captaining Partizan when he was 17.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Started well but faded.

Looks like a talent for his age though.
just like the whole team did. Once pool came out for the second half, most likely after the ripping Rafa gave them, they couldnt hold possesion so the strikers suffered (Mutu and Jovetic). Did well in the first half, running after any cause and drawing around 4-5 fouls.

I remember us being linked with him back when he was with Patizan.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Started brightly but gave it away, then started to play well, scored two good goals and then faded.

I was impressed with him though, he had confidence in his own ability and he looked like a decent player. Stupid hair which is forgiven for scoring two again Liverpool!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He looked good. There's not much to say. If your Sir Alex watching that, your weighing up what you have against this guy.

So we probably wouldn't go for him but at the same time you never know

Cina

Well his price tag probably just went up a few million

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Makki Im not sure if or why you disagreed with my comment...without going too deep into politics and history Im sure you know Crnogorci are Serbs, same as the ones from RS or Krajina, etc, and actually I always regarded the Crnogorci as the megaSerbs, consider Njegos, kralj Nikola, etc. but even earlier medieval rulers, Vlastimir, Vojislav..

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
We've signed Diouf. We don't need him and he's nowhere near as cool.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Great young player, I thought he was excellent against Pool. Some folk are saying he faded etc.. do you not think that might have something to do with Pool coming out all guns blazing in the second half. The lad is only 19, and he was excellent the other nite. Didnt realise he was 6ft. He didnt look the tall!

A definite star of the future & I hope he stays where he is, as i'm sick of watching matches were there's no special players on show because they've all been snapped by up by the big boys. We should be giving our young lads the opportunities instead of going out & buying other team youngsters!

I thoroughly enjoyed the game the other nite, really impressed with Fiorentina - lovely passing & movement, and a great atmosphere to boot. They'll be a real threat when they get Batistuta fit!

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
As i said in the other thread. He goes down very easily, but other than that he looks a top class prospect. Very calm head and great footwork, a real star in the making.

Gambit

As i said in the other thread. He goes down very easily, but other than that he looks a top class prospect. Very calm head and great footwork, a real star in the making.
Just like a really good beer, you know a really cold one. Speaking of cool things. Diouf!

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Interesting Stevan Jovetic fact - He played Shaun's Mum in This is England:

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic, the conqueror of Liverpool in the Champions League, has dismissed reports linking him with a possible move to Manchester United.

Jovetic, 19, demanded European-wide attention when scoring two well-taken goals for the Italian side in their 2-0 home victory over Liverpool on September 29.

His performance led to speculation that Jovetic was a target for both United and Chelsea but Fiorentina will no doubt be highly-resistant to any approaches for the talented Montenegro international.

Now Jovetic, who joined Fiorentina from Partizan Belgrade in the summer of 2008, has signalled his intention to remain in Serie A for the time being.

"I read about the transfer stories around me and am honoured by Manchester United's interest, but I am very happy in Florence " Jovetic told Serbian daily Blic.

"At Fiorentina I have everything I need to grow and improve as a player. I have a contract with the Viola for another five years and I have no intention of leaving."

from soccernet. I like also how he is humbled by united interest, but not chelsea :D

Gambit

Might have already been reported regurgitated crap but here you go:

Jovetic could join Man Utd for £23m, says agent
2009-10-15 - Added by ExtraFootie
Fiorentina wonderkid Stevan Jovetic, dubbed the 'Montenegrin Messi', could still join Manchester United after the player's representative acknowledged that he would eventually listen to offers.

Jovetic, 19, has set Europe alight with his displays for the Montenegro national team and club side Fiorentina in Serie A this season and has been linked with a move to a host of Europe's elite clubs.

His brace in the Viola's 2-0 UEFA Champions League win over Liverpool a fortnight ago further increased the clamour surrounding the youngster, who is known affectionately by Stadio Artemio Franchi faithful as "Jo-Jo."

And Jovetic has already established himself as a key founding member of Zoran Filipović's Montenegro national side, with six goals in thirteen appearances having made his debut at the tender age of 17.

The player's agent, Vlado Borozan, claims Fiorentina are determined to hold on to their prized asset, but couldn't deny that both he and the club would listen to substantial offers from big clubs, were they to come, in the future.

"Manchester United and Real Madrid wanted him before Fiorentina signed him," he told Fiorentinanews.

"I won't exclude [the possibility] that these two teams could return for Jovetic in future."

"However, his price is now around £23 million. He is worth more or less the same amount as Dzeko [Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko, who is valued at around £23 million]."

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is a known admirer of Jovetic and has already dispatched scouts to Florence on numerous occasions this season to watch the classy hitman in action.

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
Makki Im not sure if or why you disagreed with my comment...without going too deep into politics and history Im sure you know Crnogorci are Serbs, same as the ones from RS or Krajina, etc, and actually I always regarded the Crnogorci as the megaSerbs, consider Njegos, kralj Nikola, etc. but even earlier medieval rulers, Vlastimir, Vojislav..
I just laughed at you thinking of Montenegro as a Serbian province, despite it currently being an own country, with an own national team.

Hoof the ball

I think the lad has still lot to prove,still not convinced about him...
I don't think that anyone is expecting to be fully convinced at this stage. You can never fully know his potential until he starts playing in a team that will get the best out of it. Also, he's still quite young and so it's important to look at the minor details such as maturity, intelligence, skill and raw ability. With that in mind it's clear to see that he's a very talented player with great potential.

First half against Juventus he was quite good. He faded a little in the second half, but experience will change that over time.

Ronaldo#7

Manchester United Prepare €28 Million Offer For Fiorentina Ace Stevan Jovetic

Manchester United are reportedly preparing a mega €28 million swoop for Fiorentina starlet Stevan Jovetic.

According to the programme 'Radio Viola' on Lady Radio, the Premier League giants are making plans to land the highly-rated hitman. It is said the club are looking to better a recent evaluation of Jovetic where his agent claimed he was worth €25m.

However, signing the youngster is not going to be easy as earlier, sporting director Pantaleo Corvino backed his man to become a Viola legend - rubbishing reports he was tipped to leave.

"He is determined to stay here as he loves it in Florence,” Corvino told Sky Sport Italia on Monday night.

“He doesn’t have many doubts and I am happy. I see him destined to become a legend of this club, like so many champions have been in the past.”

'Jo Jo' has consistently been linked with a number of major clubs by the press in Italy, but neither Manchester United nor Fiorentina have added any substance to the reports.

LINK:
Manchester United Prepare €28 Million Offer For Fiorentina Ace Stevan Jovetic - Report - World Soccer - Yahoo! Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.