Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah he's started well for Fiorentina and has scored important but surely he cannot be worth that much in a such short time.If he consistently scores for them, given his age then yeah surely but it's way too soon

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Yeah he's started well for Fiorentina and has scored important but surely he cannot be worth that much in a such short time.If he consistently scores for them, given his age then yeah surely but it's way too soon
Of course he's not worth 28 million. What utter garbage.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
He played quite well yesterday against Bayern. He had an assist and looked threatening throughout. Made a run that looked a bit like Rooney by picking the ball up in Fiorentina's half and running past players like it was nothing.

We could use a good second striker now that Rooney has shifted further forward, and he can also play as a left winger. Either would be very useful.

Ekeke

He played quite well yesterday against Bayern. He had an assist and looked threatening throughout. Made a run that looked a bit like Rooney by picking the ball up in Fiorentina's half and running past players like it was nothing.

We could use a good second striker now that Rooney has shifted further forward, and he can also play as a left winger. Either would be very useful.
Agreed. And I think the other top clubs will be looking at other potentially available forwards in the summer - Aguero, Pato, Silva, Benzema, Ozil, for example. I think we'd face a lot less competition for Jovetic and he'd do the job very well so its okay.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
he's worth oozes more than 28m in the current (inflated) market

best youngster in the world, superb yesterday

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
I missed the sentence where it said he's the best young player in the world though

so if I had merely said his future value is at £75m you'd have left me alone ? I somehow doubt it.

come up with some counter-arguments to prove me wrong please. who is the best youngster in the world at the moment ? Why is he any better than Jovetic ? etc.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
so if I had merely said his future value is at £75m you'd have left me alone ? I somehow doubt it.

come up with some counter-arguments to prove me wrong please. who is the best youngster in the world at the moment ? Why is he any better than Jovetic ? etc.
You're either very deluded or just biased. Maybe both.

You said he is the best young player, and apparently backed that up with a scout rating. Although it never said in the article he is the best young player...

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
:lol: You have got to be kidding. He's the best young player in the world because the sky sports scout estimates that one day he might be worth £75 million?

I'm simply not alone in acknowledging his quality, and it sure feels better being backed up by skysports than by Ekeke.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
But thats the problem. Skysports doesnt back you up

I thought having the highest potential value of the crop of the best youngsters around scrutinized by skysports is a first sign that gives away a player's raw potential.

and if you have the raw potential to be the best player in the world, I don't see the trouble in stating you can also, on your way to that benchmark, be the best young player in the world.

which 20 year old is better than him ?

Ekeke

I'm simply not alone in acknowledging his quality, and it sure feels better being backed up by skysports than by Ekeke.
I'm sure you wouldnt be the only one to sexually assault a Panda. The sky sports scout always has huge values like that for the bigger prospects they look at. It doesnt mean he's the best young player in the world and while he's a very good young player and I'd be delighted to have him here next season, since the Liverpool double he scored he's done very little in Serie A and his agent came out this week to talk about the rumours that he was about to be dropped by Fiorentina having not really done the business in Mutu's absence. So you should hold off your wanking for now.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

The ball hit him and went to Kroldrup and he had a shot on target.

Stunning.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
I'm sure you wouldnt be the only one to sexually assault a Panda. The sky sports scout always has huge values like that for the bigger prospects they look at. It doesnt mean he's the best young player in the world and while he's a very good young player and I'd be delighted to have him here next season, since the Liverpool double he scored he's done very little in Serie A and his agent came out this week to talk about the rumours that he was about to be dropped by Fiorentina having not really done the business in Mutu's absence. So you should hold off your wanking for now.

:lol: I think you should pander to people who actually watch Fiorentina games instead of misconstruing agents' statements.

for your attention, he has been one of la Viola's best players in the past month. His agent smashed rumours that Jovetic was angry because Fiorentina tried to buy Cassano when Mutu was condemned. He was never on the cusp of being dropped and if he had been under-performing, Fiorentina certainly wouldn't have sent most of its scouts in his region, to bring in two akin prospects, Ljajic and Seferovic.

Ekeke in wide of the mark shocker

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Alexandre Pato?

Why do they need to be 20 anyway? There are other young ages.
Pato is better than him then ? Fine, although you have little material to back you up, especially since the Brazilian was injured for weeks. I guess reputation edged it.

So Jovetic is the second best young player in the world ? Or should we take into account 21, 22, 23 year olds ? That's quite a formal job, there was no need for mocking me above

Ekeke

:lol: I think you should pander to people who actually watch Fiorentina games instead of misconstruing agents' statements.

for your attention, he has been one of la Viola's best players in the past month. His agent smashed rumours that Jovetic was angry because Fiorentina tried to buy Cassano when Mutu was condemned. He was never on the cusp of being dropped and if he had been under-performing, Fiorentina certainly wouldn't have sent most of its scouts in his region, to bring in two akin prospects, Ljajic and Seferovic.

Ekeke in wide of the mark shocker
Oh christ, you're that nostradumbass that goes on and on about clubs signing players based on the nationalities of their current best performing players. No wonder you're talking nonsense.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Oh christ, you're that nostradumbass that goes on and on about clubs signing players based on the nationalities of their current best performing players. No wonder you're talking nonsense.

good, shift the debate Ekeke, before people realize you've just issued the most preposterous statement of the evening.

Jovetic on the cusp of being dropped

Ekeke

Pato is better than him then ? Fine, although you have little material to back you up, especially since the Brazilian was injured for weeks. I guess reputation edged it.
You know Alexandre Pato's career has lasted more than a few weeks. What edged it was the fact Pato has played better, scored more goals and is born the year after.

So Jovetic is the second best young player in the world ? Or should we take into account 21, 22, 23 year olds ? That's quite a formal job, there was no need for mocking me above
Jovetic is perhaps the second best 20 year old if you want to continue using that limitation. Why shouldnt younger players (and their potential or their "potential future fees" as predicted by people who have no idea what their potential future fees may go up to.) and slightly older players be considered too?

Ever Banega, Mesut Ozil and Sergio Kun Aguero are all 21. Are they not young as well?

Ekeke

good, shift the debate Ekeke, before people realize you've just issued the most preposterous statement of the evening.

Jovetic on the cusp of being dropped
Actually I said his agent came out to speak about those rumours.

"I do not like talking about players this way, in the end everyone always speaks of a crisis," he lamented to tuttomercatoweb.

"Any player can have ups and downs. Fiorentina have a great prospect [in Jovetic], but it's normal that at times he does not play well."

The latest reports out of Florence suggest that coach Cesare Prandelli will adopt a rotation system between winter signing Mario Bolatti and Jovetic for future matches.

"Of course this is to be expected," he continued.

"Fiorentina have a large squad and Prandelli will adopt the best players for each chosen strategy."
And as you can see, he did. Please get a grip and be more accurate both with talking about what I have said and with your wild exclaimations about players.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Correct me if I am wrong but wern't we strongly linked with him before Fiorentina bought him?

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
And as you can see, he did. Please get a grip and be more accurate both with talking about what I have said and with your wild exclaimations about players.

you know nothing about his situation, if you did you'd have pointed out that Jovetic was injured at the same time as Pato, roughly. I signalled the Brazilian's injury to see whether you knew Jovetic had been injured as well, which would have been a good counter-argument, but you didn't as expected.

Ekeke said:
Why shouldnt younger players (and their potential or their "potential future fees" as predicted by people who have no idea what their potential future fees may go up to.) and slightly older players be considered too?

Ever Banega, Mesut Ozil and Sergio Kun Aguero are all 21. Are they not young as well?
Sure, and Rooney is too. Giggs is pretty young since at 36 most people are deemed in the zenith of their lives. You introduce a subjective notion when I simply arrest data at an instant t and say, Jovetic is the best 20 year old in the world.

If you reckon Banega, Ozil and Aguero are better than him, it's your opinion so fair play, although your lithe arguments consisting in simply writing down their names prompt me to wonder if you even watched their games this season or whether you collected the best rated trio in your latest FM session. None of them are better than Jovetic. Banega is making an impact but I wouldn't say he's a better player all round than the Montenegrin.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Skysports scouting is just the equivalent of FM in the real world.Specially the pages regarding french players, I can't believe what I've been reading

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
He's one of the most over hyped youngsters of the last 10 years.
this statement is flawed in its premice. Never has and never will a youngster from low-key Fiorentina belong to the crop of the most over hyped youngsters, simply because the top clubs under the limelight will always bring in prospects that people will instantly tout as the new star.

Jonny Evans, David Ngog, Jack Wilshere, Theo Walcott belong to this category. Unlike those above, Jovetic had already proven his trade statistically by finishing top scorer of the Serbian league aged 18. His performances with la viola are far from underwhelming although he took time to settle in - he's one of the select few foireigners to be quoted by his nickname in the gazzetta dello sport.

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
this statement is flawed in its premice. Never has and never will a youngster from low-key Fiorentina belong to the crop of the most over hyped youngsters, simply because the top clubs under the limelight will always bring in prospects that people will instantly tout as the new star.

Jonny Evans, David Ngog, Jack Wilshere, Theo Walcott belong to this category. Unlike those above, Jovetic had already proven his trade statistically by finishing top scorer of the Serbian league aged 18. His performances with la viola are far from underwhelming although he took time to settle in - he's one of the select few foireigners to be quoted by his nickname in the gazzetta dello sport.
That's nonsense.

vuc

First Team Serb
He's definitely not one of the most over-rated players in 10 years. Are you stupid, he is 20 years old and is improving all the time. He's up there with the best youngsters in the world for sure. The over-rated tag would apply to Babel & N'Gog.

Status
Not open for further replies.