Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

davisjw

I think it was just last week that the Fiorentina manager said he could leave next season.
Don't get that. Fiorentina has a wonderful squad with enough young blood to sustain it - surely selling one of your best players isn't good enough for the position they're in. The Aston Villa of Serie A?

Devil may care

Don't get that. Fiorentina has a wonderful squad with enough young blood to sustain it - surely selling one of your best players isn't good enough for the position they're in. The Aston Villa of Serie A?
Yeah it's a defeatist attitude but perhaps financially it's realistic.

Fiorentina Star Stevan Jovetic Set To Be Offered Contract Extension In The Coming Days - Goal.com
Coach Sinisa Mihajlovic says that the Montenrgrin won't be leaving during the summer transfer season.

"Jovetic can go to Barcelona or Real Madrid if he wants to, but not for at least another season," the former Catania boss said.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
This thread gets bumped and an article saying United are after Jovetic pops up on Goal. :lol:

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Fiorentina striker Stevan Jovetic has played down speculation linking him with a move to Barcelona.

The 20-year-old hot-shot has been linked with a move to the Camp Nou, while German outfit Wolfsburg are also thought to be interested.

But the striker, who scored six goals in 29 league appearances for the Viola last season, believes he will get more opportunities at his current club and wants to stay put to continue his football education.

Jovetic told Gazzetta dello Sport: "My agent and I have heard and read about Barcelona's interest.

"Barca is the top club in the world but it is a team that has already been built.

"Moreover, they signed (former Valencia striker David) Villa this summer.

"It would be difficult to have playing time there and I want to play. At Fiorentina I can play and I can improve my game."

Jovetic joined Fiorentina from Partizan in the summer of 2008 and is under contract with the Serie A outfit until June 2013.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
He has not said that he wont transfer at all.. Just said that he would not like to Join Barca as he would barely get any playing time.. But I agree with Vuc.. Good Attitude..

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I would cry if Jovetic went to City. My one muppet target going to the massives would be quite depressing.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
The funny thing is Jovetic is a far better and safer bet than the volatile Balotelli, every bit as talented if not more so and a future world star, good job city are run by a bunch of muppets headed by Gary cook otherwise they might have realised their after the wrong man.

::sonny::

Fiorentina's Stevan Jovetic out for up to seven months with knee ligament damage
By Salvatore Landolina
4 Aug 2010 13:47:0

Fiorentina have confirmed that forward Stevan Jovetic's will be out for up to seven months with knee ligament damage.

La Gazzetta dello Sport claimed he was screaming and in tears as medical staff rushed on the pitch following the clash.

A Fiorentina statement on their official website reads "ACF Fiorentina communicates that Stevan Jovetic has suffered a lesion to his cruciate ligament in his right knee.

"Surgery for the player is neccessary and that will be planned over the next few days. The times for his complete return are estimated between six and seven months."

It's a bad start for the Viola who were aiming high ahead of the new campaign with European football as their objective, but Jovetic's absence will severely deplete the squad.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Nice of you to address him the second person - he's bound to be reading this so will be pleased to receive those comments.

Btw Stevo, get your cocking hair cut.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
feck, seriously unlucky for the guy. I absolutely hate seeing young players (well any player, but especially young players) being cut down by serious injuries!

davisjw

feck, seriously unlucky for the guy. I absolutely hate seeing young players (well any player, but especially young players) being cut down by serious injuries!
Exactly. And knee injuries are one of those things that can haunt a player his whole career. Tough to come back with full prowls.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
probably should have seen it coming. he was wearing a pretty serious looking knee brace at the game against Juve in Toronto.

fabulous player though, hope he recovers fully.

Godfather

Exactly. And knee injuries are one of those things that can haunt a player his whole career.
They could try and sell him for about 18 million if this turns out to be an injury that he will carry his whole carreer...I'm sure there will be found some club who is willing to pay that money for him :nervous:

Commadus

Fiorentina star Stevan Jovetic ruled out for eight months - Europe - ESPN Soccernet

Fiorentina's medical staff have confirmed that talented youngster Stevan Jovetic will be sidelined for eight months as he requires two operations to repair knee ligament damage.

GettyImages

Stevan Jovetic is a key player for Fiorentina

Jovetic, 20, was recently linked with a move to Barcelona and was expected to be Fiorentina's key creative influence for the coming Serie A season, but news of his injury has come as a crushing setback to the club.

Fiorentina will send Jovetic to Germany on Monday for the first of two operations as they seek to repair the damage caused by the serious injury sustained in training. The Montenegro international faces a prolonged period of recuperation and has taken the news hard.

"He will require two operations. The first to stabilise the external collateral ligament and external meniscus, while the stabilisation of the anterior cruciate ligament will be done in a second operation," Dr Ulrich Boenisch told the club's official website.

"The lay-off time will be around two months more than the six for a traditional operation, but the two surgeries will guarantee an easier recovery process for the player.

"He was very shaken. I described the clinical diagnosis and found him to be in shock when he realised how bad the lesion was and what awaits him. At the end of the day I think he found faith in us and relaxed a little bit. The most difficult thing is telling a young athlete that he'll need two operations with an 8-10 week gap between them.

"I urge the fans to have faith, not just in me, but in the work of the club's whole medical staff. It is crucial that my operation goes well, but the rehabilitation must also be perfect."

So its a tri -header - mcl, acl rupture and meniscus torn. A very nasty injury. I suffered a simialr injury just no meniscus damage and I think 8 months is optimistic. I had 2 operations and he will have a 2.5" screw inserted into his knee (which gets removed!)

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
He would be an ideal signing.. unless ofcourse the injury has affected him..

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Completely forgot about this lad! Knee ligament damage at 20 years could be pretty damaging.

Commadus

He's had the triple header of an MCL tear, ACL tear and meniscus tear. That's a lot of damage to the knee.

LLMU

He's had the triple header of an MCL tear, ACL tear and meniscus tear. That's a lot of damage to the knee.
wow ... is that the whole knee gone ? really bad injury for player this young.
But i am just curious about his ability .. from the one game i saw him played, he runs around alot, gets the ball around the box alot, attacks the ball alot but missed a lot of chances either not finding the target or just left his shooting boots at home

Status
Not open for further replies.